Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Transmogrifier (aka Object Script Changer)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 26th Mar 2017 at 10:38 PM

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 73 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 3:34 PM
Don't know how I lived without this mod for so long it's absolutely amazing, thank you SO SO much for this !

I can now decorate with any item I wish no matter if it's crappy as long as it looks good and then use the script from another object with the stats I want. No more struggle to find something nice, that fits the style I'm going for and that isn't junk, life is great :)

I'm also going to try and use it to make some decorative objects work. Like I have some very old CC for items that were pure deco at the time and later a similar working object was released my EA but the CC creator never updated the item for whatever reason. Now I can try and use the scrip from the working object to the deco one and have my sims use it for real .. well in theory (fingers crossed)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 1:15 PM
My fave mod ever. Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 1:00 PM
Its work the script for make drivable decor bus by using school bus script?
Field Researcher
#79 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:34 AM
So, this doesn't change anything permanently to the file?
It just change the script class of that current object in that current game?

If I buy a specific lamp and change the script class to a sculpture, if I buy another one of that lamp, it won't be a sculpture, just that regular lamp again?

Just checking to see if I understand things correctly.
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 9:33 PM
*Copies bed script* *Replaces chair script with bed script* *Orders sims to sleep on chair*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 3:24 PM
haha, that is really great idea)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#82 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:14 PM
I love this! Saves me from having to do this on my CC objects!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 11:23 PM
This has breathed new life into my game! Thank you so much!!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 7:01 PM
Thank you for this, I'm very sad to report that you can successfully add an oven script to the wood fire pizza oven, but the sims can't use it. I'm guessing it's either the lack of slots or the fact it 2 tiles deep as opposed to one. I just want a wood stove sims can cook on!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 4:18 PM
What a great idea! Thank you!
Scholar
#86 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 3:37 PM
Trying to wrap my head around this. Can this be used, for instance, to copy the script from the store business door to any other door, or Inge's buffet mod script to Sandy's cafeteria buffet?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:52 AM Last edited by GabbyCakes : 27th Nov 2017 at 12:42 AM.
This is so awesome! I've made all of those bulky hampers into house plants and fireplace tools, made a working cookie jar and fruit basket, converted a ton of objects into storage chests, and the ideas just keep coming. Thank you, thank you!
THANKS POST
#88 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:11 AM
Thank you for this wonderful mod!! You really rock it. Till now I didn´t contributed to this wonderful community, but it´s time to share some stuff. I didn´t read all the new entries, excuse me, if I repeat something. I tried the mod a lot and here my list of things, they worked or didn´t worked. The first object appears in the game with the functionality of the second object:

WHAT WORKED:

- Normal shelfs or rugs into Savvier Seller/ Savy Seller: There are so many possibilities for this. Nearly any shelf or rug can now be used to sell stuff. This is incredible!!!!!!!

- Fire ladder (this round thing without steps — sorry for making things difficult) into Climbing wall (Ea Store, sorry don´t know the name): I hide the Fire Ladder between four walls, used the code of the climbing wall on it and looked where the Sim mounted the air. There I placed another wall. Now I have a Sim mounting a Wall of a room or a house. Thats cool for action, robber scences. I totally love it!

- Hollowgraph into Basketballbasket (EA Store): A normal basketballbasket looks so outdated in my future world, so I came across a really cool idea. I used the Basketballbasket on the into the Future Hollowgraph Thing (what makes videos on the wall). I clicked with the mouse on the Hollowgraph and said the sim should play basketball, then he started and jumped to an invisible basket. Now it gets complicated, because I don´t know the name from the thing I used then. I think it is a requisite from Showtime. It looks like a green pillar of light, but not the metall pillar with green signs on. This pillar like thing I placed where the Sims Jumps and it looks so futuristic and cool. Even the high is nearly perfect! Maybe I add picture somewhere. I worked on the bowling thing, too, but I don´t remember what solution I found or if I found one, because I had trouble with it.

- Shower into all in One Bathroom: I like the functionality of the all in one Bathroom (EA store), but dislike the design.

- Normal Shower into Outdoor Shower: For common space showers, that shouldn´t have wood as design, but sims go shower without beeing shy about other people.
- Oven or Refrigerator or Washing machine into Industrial Oven: works perfect, even a Oven in a wall, who didn´t worked before, started working. Using it with a washing machine sounds funny, but I like to have a oven without these windows for my into the future houses.

- Creppe maker chest (from around the sims) into Industrial oven or with Arsils Foodmaker: Now you have a working creppe maker. Now i am really happy :-).

- A Dishwasher into a Washing machine: I hate washing machines standing in the kitchen ruining the look of the room and in a bathroom they are not better. So i love to make them into a dishwasher (hiding it under a citchen counter) and the problem is solved. By the way I wish the designer of real washing machines in our world get their heads together and start on working on a stylish washing machine!

- Snowboard into Hoverboard: it works, if it usefull, decide yourself ;-).

- There is a plant pot you can grow plants inside the house (Maybe from EA STORE) → on every other pot with a better style for your room: I like this, because I have so much more variety. If you have the sunflower from the EA Store you can make yourself a wonderful wintergarden. Have fun ;-).

- Waste bin (silver one) into Fast grow station (Store item - don´t know the english name — German: Schnellwachs Bewäserungsstation or so): I wanted a more futuristic or mechanical look for a Farctory producing Food and so I used this waste bin. Now it is raining from a invisible ceiling, what looks stupid and so i added a construction from Luna. So it is perfect for modern producing of plants. I love it!

- Teppanyaki Grill into Scraptronic Workbench: I don´t like the look of this Workbench in a modern house or when I let my sims work in the garden. So I tried it with the Teppanyaki Grill and it worked. Other electronic devices like Dishwasher, Ovens ect. should work, too. But Tables could be a problem. Often the mod doesn´t work, when the Object doesn´t have a placed designed to grab it.

- Bookshelf into small wardrobe: Seriously I hate the look of the most bookshelfs and there are a lot nice wardrobes. For me the perfect solution without downloading to much stuff.

I WANT TO TEST IN THE FUTURE:

- A shelf into the Working Chocoletterie Shelf : So I could make a nice job in every possible enviroment :-).
I tried so much more, but couldn´t write it down all, because there were really a lot stuff, what didn´t work.

- Golf rug --> smaller rug: the Golf rug is on some places to big.

I hope you have as much fun with this mod, like I have. Let me know, if you find something new. I am really interested in nearly everything. To icarus a really big applaud!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:42 AM
Seriously, I can't imagine Sims 3 being so popular without you creators, because it's you that add so much possibilities & fun to it :) So thank you very much !
- I've already used the Transmogrifier for Toys - making normal objects into kids toys - making small objects and toys into chewing toys for dogs - changing ovens, fridges, changing rugs ( SavyS like many others) - improving bed qualities - also nice for Nraas Sleep Freedom (because it will not work on EA store content beds) - so just use the bed you want and change the script - so awesome ! *-* I use it for vampire beds too, for changing everything into computers. Changing things because of routing issues - like last time i tried to change hay into a rug - though that actually didn't work xD I'm trying bird cages next. I have medieval worlds too, so .. again - That makes my life so much easier . THANKS ! (o_ _)o
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#90 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 5:36 PM
Thanks!!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:31 AM
Time ta mix ish up. Thanks.
Space Pony
#92 Old 13th May 2018 at 3:19 PM
Thank you! I really like the look of a lot of rabbitholes, however I don't like what they are used for and I dislike the combo rabbitholes. Now I don't have to re-create them in the game via the build tools. I can now also use the podium like the megaphone. I'm having a ton of fun with your mod!
Instructor
#93 Old 18th May 2018 at 11:13 PM
Thank you very much for this! I use it to turn small objects into toys for kids
Test Subject
#95 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 8:07 PM
I love this mod.
I've used it to make the Rabbit Hole Diner rug into a Bistro Rug - and it does save the script if the lot is reloaded into a new game or from CAW.
Also, you can turn Show Floors for Tables into a Styling Station.
Different statues, paintings, smoke dector can be turned into Wall-Mounted Speakers.
Turn the Cashbox into a Laptop Computer.
Turn the Microphone Stand into Karaoke. The sims can't sing duet, or upgrade the microphone stand, but it works great for singing solo.
I also gave the hospital mod Syringe the Statue of Life properties.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 2:33 AM
Is there a way to modify this mod so it doesn't delete the original object, just clones it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 6:29 PM
I downloaded this specifically to change the LLAMA telephone box teleporter from Supernatural into something that fit my world better. It took several tries, but I found a lot of objects you can use! Fireplaces work, which is great if you want to make a Harry Potter style Floo Network. You can also use the full length mirrors, and the animation works well with that. Doors, wedding arches, the Fountain of Youth are just several examples.
I can't wait to try this on more items for more uses. Absolutely fantastic mod - I'm sad I didn't start using it earlier!

Be warned, though! Have you item where you want it, because sometimes changed items can't be moved/deleted!
Test Subject
#98 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 6:48 PM
For the carpet thing, You can also use debug enabler's radius purge to remove it.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karjohbla
Does this enable adding multiple scripts to a single object?

Anyone got an answer?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jellycandy
I changed already so many objects in game. Here some exemple of what I made for the moment :

- my own custom zephyr station, working perfectly in my new world. (NO MORE UGLY STATION RABBIT HOLE !!! ).
- a bank/money dispenser which i made working with this mod + this object (http://modthesims.info/d/438835 / http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/i...eydispenser.jpg.
- a real phone cabine , i disable all the cellphone in my town and i put different phone cabines in different places. To make it You will need this : http://modthesims.info/t/562581 / http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/i...necabin_big.jpg / a wal phone (findable in the base game).
- a general mail box for all the townies ( http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/i...ity/mailbox.jpg / the original base game mail box ).
- a cigarettes/newspaper dispenser.
- a shop for clothes using this (http://modthesims.info/d/525365 / Clothes Rack )

I still have so many things to combine together and it's SO satifiying to finally can ! Thank you very much for this genius mod.
I have one question : Is it possible to setup the copy/past script in non-building/buy mode (because i have 2 or 3 objects that i want to combine with another ones but i can't remove from the sim inventory) ?

Saw this comment earlier in this thread - does anyone have an idea of how Jelly used the transmogrifier to do a custom zephyr station? I mean I understand the mechanics of how the mod works - pull a script from one object and stick it in another, but I'm wondering what object specifically he might have used to house the station? Has anyone else tinkered with this?
Page 4 of 5