Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2022 at 5:57 PM
Default What Am I Missing? Skins Problem
I have several Female Formals that show my sim as having only head, hands, and no body. I can't remember if she had feet or not. So what am I missing for those skins? cmx? bmp? xskin?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 2:03 AM
You're missing the mesh. If you have the mesh but no texture, you usually get an all-white version of the garment.

The mesh needs both a .cmx and .skn file; I haven't tested to see what you get if you have one but not the other.

Did you put the formal outfit into Maxis\ExpansionShared\SkinsBuy? Lingerie, Swimsuits, Winterwear, and Formals all go there, not into the Maxis\GameData\Skins folder.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2022 at 5:12 PM
Default Thank you, Corylea.
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
You're missing the mesh. If you have the mesh but no texture, you usually get an all-white version of the garment.

The mesh needs both a .cmx and .skn file; I haven't tested to see what you get if you have one but not the other.

Did you put the formal outfit into Maxis\ExpansionShared\SkinsBuy? Lingerie, Swimsuits, Winterwear, and Formals all go there, not into the Maxis\GameData\Skins folder.

Thanks! Yes, the formals are in SkinsBuy. Now I have a starting point for what to look for.