Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#451 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 9:10 PM
So grateful for the update <3 And the Hand slider works too. Awesome.
If there were a fix for the holding toddlers animation thingy, that'd be even more awesome. But anyway, thanks so so much!!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#452 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by intoxicated_andy
If there were a fix for the holding toddlers animation thingy, that'd be even more awesome. But anyway, thanks so so much!!!

Toddlers are fixed since 29th Mar 2017 at 5:46 PM. You better read the latest pages for latest news.
Test Subject
#453 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 12:14 AM Last edited by t0xicity : 18th Jun 2017 at 12:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Toddlers are fixed since 29th Mar 2017 at 5:46 PM. You better read the latest pages for latest news.

Negative. I made an account just to say that the dude you're replying to is right. Height-adjusted adults still hold toddlers with their arms at an insane angle, and the toddler is offset by about 30 meters to the right until they're placed in the chair/bath/bed/etc. I am using the 1.30 patch script and the correct package set based on the most recent info in this thread.

Instructor
#454 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 12:52 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 18th Jun 2017 at 1:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by t0xicity
Negative. I made an account just to say that the dude you're replying to is right. Height-adjusted adults still hold toddlers with their arms at an insane angle, and the toddler is offset by about 30 meters to the right until they're placed in the chair/bath/bed/etc. I am using the 1.30 patch script and the correct package set based on the most recent info in this thread.

Quote: Originally posted by intoxicated_andy

Here is the updated height slider
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...874#post5184874

Updated Script File
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...644#post5218644

My male Sim is 100 ft tall and the Sim next to him in the photo is the default height.
Test Subject
#455 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 4:18 AM
Default help pls
Quote: Originally posted by Ash77
Test Version
Replace original script file with this one.

wont work
Instructor
#456 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PressPlayGaming
wont work

I was able to change my Sim's height to see if it didn't work and it did.

From Height: 100

To Height: -100
Test Subject
#457 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 9:27 AM
So what's the latest update to all of this since last time I wasn't able to make this work?

Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
I was able to change my Sim's height to see if it didn't work and it did.

From Height: 100

To Height: -100

How'd you do this because UI command sliders aren't working for me?
Test Subject
#458 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 1:20 PM Last edited by intoxicated_andy : 18th Jun 2017 at 1:58 PM.
I have no idea there's already a fix for that. Love!!!!! Will test it out real soon : D thanks

P/S: It works <333333
Instructor
#459 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AshShulk4
How'd you do this because UI command sliders aren't working for me?

In Game (Live Mode) Shift Ctrl C and type in Add_Slider <Command> <Number> -100 through 100. Example: Add_Slider Height 50
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#460 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 10:45 PM
I saw some discussion of editing bonedeltas and figuring out the names of the bones, so I added a bonedelta editor to my morph tool-in-development. It'll display the bone names and hashes and let you pick them by name.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=594650

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#461 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
In Game (Live Mode) Shift Ctrl C and type in Add_Slider <Command> <Number> -100 through 100. Example: Add_Slider Height 50

I understand, but what files did you download to make this work?
Scholar
#462 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AshShulk4
I understand, but what files did you download to make this work?

Read, please.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...964#post5227964

In the descriptions by verticplexus use the orginal stable version of the mod. Unzip in a folder.
Then download his toddler fix V2 and unzip in the same folder and allow files to be overwritten.
Finally downlod the slider script patch by Ash77 and unzip in the same folder and allow to overwrite the old file.

Use the add_slider cheat in the game to set heights not the damned CAS.
Test Subject
#463 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 1:31 AM
I'd really love to try this out and I did everything stated above, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've overwritten the old files and I'm typing the cheat in, but nothing is changing.
Instructor
#464 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 4:29 AM
Try enabling Testing cheats. See if that does anything.
Test Subject
#465 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 3:01 PM
This mod is just perfect finally mi Sims have a different height again !!! and the most important thing no toddlers bug, and actually works super cool with most of the animation so I think this mod is fine, can someone create a slider out of this mod, that will be great. can someone tell me how to change the townie's height?
Mad Poster
#466 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 8:41 PM
If it still works how it did previous to all of the Toddler brokeness they you have to actually be controlling the Sim to change their height. So if you want townies of different heights you will have to edit them all manually one at a time.
All I really want is for someone to force all Teens to be slightly shorter by default. Changing a Sim every time one grows into an adult from a child is going to get tedious fast.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#467 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:07 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 24th Jun 2017 at 11:22 AM.
I've made it into a CAS slider for anyone who wants that. This mod tacks the tall and short modifiers onto the foot slider without replacing foot size, so you have both: Left-right = foot size, up-down = height. Works only on teen-adult but can probably be easily made to work with children and toddlers.

Download and install this package AND ALSO the Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall packages in 'Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2' by vectorplexus: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...874#post5184874

Anyone who wants to use this with their own work is welcome to it. Also this method could be used for other custom morphs - for example hand size could be tacked onto the forearm thickness slider.

MenaceMan, I agree it would be great to have height automatically applied to make teens a bit shorter, and spent some time searching for a hidden teen modifier that makes them slimmer and could be tweaked. No luck so far.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cmar_HeightSlider in CAS Feet.zip (485 Bytes, 1554 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Mad Poster
#468 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 2:23 PM
I think Simmy had it tied to a hidden buff in his original version that enabled Sims to "grow". He had some sort of test that ran at 1:30am game time and checked for Teen Sims. It then applied a hidden buff, that I believe he created, to any Teen Sims found which then applied the height changes.
The only issue with this was that it wasn't applied at the time that a Sim would age up from a child so they would be standard height unless you modified it yourself or waited until the next 1:30am check to run.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#469 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I've made it into a CAS slider for anyone who wants that. This mod tacks the tall and short modifiers onto the foot slider without replacing foot size, so you have both: Left-right = foot size, up-down = height. Works only on teen-adult but can probably be easily made to work with children and toddlers.

Download and install this package AND ALSO the Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall packages in 'Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2' by vectorplexus: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...874#post5184874

Anyone who wants to use this with their own work is welcome to it. Also this method could be used for other custom morphs - for example hand size could be tacked onto the forearm thickness slider.

MenaceMan, I agree it would be great to have height automatically applied to make teens a bit shorter, and spent some time searching for a hidden teen modifier that makes them slimmer and could be tweaked. No luck so far.

Can you combine this with Ash77's slider script?
Scholar
#470 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 11:35 AM Last edited by Morphar : 25th Jun 2017 at 12:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by melissaq64
Can you combine this with Ash77's slider script?

That is a bit difficult as Ash77 did not publish the .py files, only .pyo. As I am running the old mod both ways are working as guedespoa says.

The original mod by simmythesim had only two issue and that was that he used the foot slider in CAS to set the height. User liked to use the foot slider as a foot slider. Now with the mod by CMAR that issue seems to be solved.
The other was a bit strange animations mainly solved by vectorplexus..

Now it is time to put the parts together:

Original mod where teen height, aging and genetics are working.
Modified animations by vectorplexus (still some issues with kneeing children).
Foot slider in CAS by CmarNYC (Maybe in combination with add_slider in cheat console by Ash77).

Gradual height? Not so important in my opinion as the aging and genetics.

Edit:
The mod by CmarNYC is a .package file that contains two HOTC instances, one for males and one for females.
I wonder if it will overide the old mod.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#471 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:19 PM
My CAS height slider will not exactly override simmythesim's old CAS slider that replaced the foot size.

You may already know: HOTC (HotSpotControl) links areas on the sim in CAS to SimModifiers (SMOD) for each slider direction. The SMODs link to a BGEO, BoneDelta, and/or DMaps. My mod does a default replacement foot HOTC that links the up-down directions to the SMODs in vectorplexus' package (which are not default replacement). Simmythesim's original CAS height mod did a default replacement of the left-right SMODs. If you have both mine and his then the up-down and left-right will all do the height slider.

Hope that makes sense...

I agree it's time to bundle this together for general use - I don't know anything about the cheat console or scripting part, but for the CAS slider you need my HOTC resources and the SMODs and BOND resources from vectorplexus.

Edit: If it's really necessary to use simmythesim's old SMODs, I suppose the HOTC could be modded further to replace the left-right SMODs with custom ones that link to the game foot size morphs. This might apply height changes to any sims that have foot size changes, though, so it may not be an ideal solution.

Test Subject
#472 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 5:22 PM
CmarNYC does your mod also give sliders to other body parts? Such as Hand, neck, and/or bulge?
Scholar
#473 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 9:06 PM Last edited by Morphar : 25th Jun 2017 at 9:31 PM.
CmarNYC does your mod also give sliders to other body parts? Such as Hand, neck, and/or bulge?

I can answer that. The CmarNYC mod only change the way height is applied to sims. Instead of typing the add_sliders cheat you can do it in CAS by dragging the foot slider up/down. Foot slider works by dragging the slider left/right.
Thats all.

That is only a small part of what the mod was designed for from start. Teens should be generally shorter, sims should keep their height after aging and children should inherit parents hights.

I use this setup suggested by guedespoa where you use the foot sliders in CAS for teens, young adults, adults and elders and use the add_sliders cheat for the other ages.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...658#post5219658

I have never changed the size of feets of a sim so it is not bothering me to use that slider to edit heights.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#474 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:53 PM

To add to Morphar's answer, those could also be attached to the EA sliders for appropriate parts of the body, it would just take a similar slider tweak mod. If people want that I can go ahead and do it. That's a separate issue from putting together the entire height mod.

Scholar
#475 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 5:23 AM Last edited by Morphar : 26th Jun 2017 at 5:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
To add to Morphar's answer, those could also be attached to the EA sliders for appropriate parts of the body, it would just take a similar slider tweak mod. If people want that I can go ahead and do it. That's a separate issue from putting together the entire height mod.

I have now tested your sliders. It works as expected. The neck and hand sliders is already working according to the thread. Bulge is not so good.

I read the description on the first page that there are a command "rhall" that will randomize the height of all sims. The python code looks like this:

Quote:
@sims4.commands.Command("rhall", command_type=sims4.commands.CommandType.Live)
def SimGrowthCommand():
trait = services.trait_manager().get(0xD3C2750A5C09A8A8)
if trait != None:
SimGrowth(None)

To make that work I added Dynamic Height Slider Toddler Fix v2.zip:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...874#post5184874

Note that I added it to the stable version.

At least the cheat rhall is tested and works.
There are some age testing in the script that probably takes care of the aging.

If someone likes to test this remember that you need to set cheats "testingcheats true" and "cas.fulleditmode true" to be able to set the height in CAS with the new "vertikal foot slider". When you hover over the foot of a sim in CAS you should see crossed arrows.

Simmythesim says that the genetics worked at some state.
Quote:
Sliders do not seem to be genetically passed onto children, I suspect that this is a bug caused by the last patch as before that, they were working fine.

To develop that script futher it would be nice if Ash77 could provide the .py files.
Page 19 of 44