Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 12:15 AM
Default Strange Crashing at Launch, No loading at all
As the title states I have been dealing with some strange crashes for the sims 3, I click play through EA app and it disappears for a moment and pops right back up. This is my first forum post, please let me know if I did anything incorrect.

First things first, here is my system info right from DXDIAG

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
System Manufacturer: HP
System Model: OMEN by HP 25L Gaming Desktop GT15-0xxx
BIOS: F.30 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics (12 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 15970MB RAM
Page File: 7305MB used, 19415MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Things I have tried
  • Deleting Cache Files
  • Removing mods folder to another spot, there are still no mods throughout everything else I have done
  • Removing the sims 3 folder in documents (it doesn't even appear again after attempting to launch again)
  • Reinstalling Drivers
  • Reinstalling The Sims 3
  • Reinstalling DirectX 11, 9, etc
  • Applying the Adler Patch (and repairing the game after it didn't work)
  • Logging out of EA app, clearing it's cache via the app recovery option
  • Changing the .ini file in accordance with the crash checklist
  • To my knowledge my windows anitvirus is disabled

I had no issues with the game until recently, it ran really well. I was working on trying to merge cc and decided to try out CC Magic, I didn't end up liking it so I uninstalled it and just used S3pe. The game wouldn't launch sometime soon after this, I have since reinstalled the game completely but for transparency I wanted to make sure you know I tried using it. I try launching and like I said earlier, the EA app will disappear like it is launching the game, little hourglass cursor as it loads for a split second. No sims 3 launching and the EA app pops right back up. When I moved my sims 3 folder from documents, it didn't even regenerate the files on an attempted launch. I also don't even have any cache files after trying to launch. I have been scouring forums for something similar to this situation but I can't find anything, it's kinda sad because this is a new computer for me and I was pretty happy I could get the game running better. I am out of ideas on what to do/try to get it working.

I have all EPs, except World adventures (no disk drive unfortunately), and a few SPs

Thanks for reading this long post, and if you have any suggestions I am willing to throw pretty much anything at this.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 9:13 AM
Is OneDrive in place? It is usually fully activated by default on Win 10/11 installs and does a really good job of interfering with the Documents directory and the user game folder if left that way. And how are you doing on drive space on the drive where the game is installed?

Other than that, instead of guessing what might be good to try next I would suggest reaching out to and posting on EA's Answers.HQ forum for TS3. It is managed by EA, but unlike Customer Support, it is run by player volunteers and is known for being super helpful to players having issues like this, especially with the newer EA App structure.
Theorist
#3 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 2:10 PM
I don't use the EA App to play as my game is a disc install, but I do have experience with how much of a PITA Windows 11 is. I'm not going to sit here and claim that this will fix anything. This reply is based on personal experience.

Microsoft put out a update by the name of KB5020044. When I tried to install my game onto my now new rig, even though I installed the Adler Patch, the game still wouldn't start. Part of the problem was I linked the patch to the wrong file, but then there was the pesky Microsoft update that wouldn't work even though people said it worked.

I ended up finding the following article which did in fact work. Trying to install the Microsoft update by itself was a total fail.

https://www.followchain.org/kb50200...ing-windows-11/

Since using this fix, I haven't had any problems with my game not starting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Is OneDrive in place? It is usually fully activated by default on Win 10/11 installs and does a really good job of interfering with the Documents directory and the user game folder if left that way. And how are you doing on drive space on the drive where the game is installed?

Other than that, instead of guessing what might be good to try next I would suggest reaching out to and posting on EA's Answers.HQ forum for TS3. It is managed by EA, but unlike Customer Support, it is run by player volunteers and is known for being super helpful to players having issues like this, especially with the newer EA App structure.

one drive was in place, during trying to get everything to work I disabled it. I also have like 400 GB of free space. This was before the reinstall as well. I'll try out the EA forum as well, thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 8:42 PM
I got it working!

I followed this, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...hread-id/264079

To make life easier for people, this was my problem signature in my DXDIAG

Problem signature:
P1: sims3launcher.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 568d485b
P4: System.Configuration
P5: 2.0.0.0
P6: 6090d22e
P7: 1aa
P8: 136
P9: IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW
P10:

Thank you all for the help!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 9:49 PM
(Crosses off "help out a pyromaniac" on my To Do list for today...)