Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:33 PM
Default Does anyone else find this ANNOYING?
I've literally been making my sims flirt nonstop for four hours and they're STILL just friends.

Is this just on my game or is EVERYONE getting annoyed by this?!

Does anyone know of any relationship hacks/cheats for this game?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:38 PM
Lmfao. Umm. Well, it usually takes me 45 minutes to an hour to make sims in love with each other and such, so I don't know. I think it may be just your game.

Hurr Durr, Derpity Derp Derp.

Quote:
Due to the disturbing amount of children on cycles being run over in the streets of Riverview and Sunset Valley, it has been deemed necessary by the town councils to impose a national speed limit.
Theorist
#3 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:50 PM
It's much easier if you get the Observant life reward. Attractive may help as well.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:54 PM
Um...that doesn't happen to me. I can steal a husband in 1 conversation.

Are you going from section to section. Doing romantic, romantic, funny, romantic will reset your progress. What I tend to do is friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, funny, funny, romantic from that point on.
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:56 PM
I just have my sim (but this is only if they have the flirty trait) confess their attraction and then they become romantic interests immediately. (special>>flirty>>confess attraction, although it sucks that this is just for flirty sims). Eventually when the option comes up, I make them go steady.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:09 PM
or you can use the cheat testingcheatsenabled ture and just drag their bar up if you think its taking to long for them to fall in love

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ammie
I just have my sim (but this is only if they have the flirty trait) confess their attraction and then they become romantic interests immediately. (special>>flirty>>confess attraction, although it sucks that this is just for flirty sims). Eventually when the option comes up, I make them go steady.

Confess attraction can show up for more than just flirty sims under Romantic. It just takes longer to show up.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas
Confess attraction can show up for more than just flirty sims under Romantic. It just takes longer to show up.

It also shows up pretty quick for Hopeless Romantics, along with a bunch of other options.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 11:45 PM
Ah, my bad. I guess I didn't experiment enough.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:04 AM
I think in TS3 the love takes something else besides a full friend bar...

Stuff that Help,

Observant reward = get traits faster
Attractive reward = makes you more attractive more likely to be loved by other sims
Hopeless Romantic Trait = Other sims get notice of your romances more quickly...
Flirty = No coments...
and not sure if Great Kisser trait...

Good mood also help also a lot of + moodlets

Little Kitty!
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGirlTasia232
or you can use the cheat testingcheatsenabled ture and just drag their bar up if you think its taking to long for them to fall in love

That's awesome! I didn't know that! My sim's political career just got SO much easier! :D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:38 AM
Chat em up til they're friends, flirt with them til they find you irresistible, then plant a smooch on 'em. Instant romantic interest.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#13 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 9:38 AM
Some sims simply are not attracted to each other no matter how much you would like them to be. At first I thought romance was broken in my game, because I had the same problem - they had even moved in together and had a baby but still no heart and still no "confess attraction". Then (sim) years later I noticed he was attracted to someone else and I had just been forcing them into something they didn't really want.

Once you have two sims who are really into one another, you'll know all about it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 9:56 AM
The fact that there's only one coffee maker, and that it costs 1100.. strikes me as odd. I mean, I just want simple ordinary coffee, before going fishing 5.30 in the morning :p
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#15 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 10:12 AM
Zackborg, is there anything about this thread that makes you think we're talking about coffee makers?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 10:20 AM
It takes around 30 minutes of game to me, and my sims are already willing to "Grant first kiss" to each other. Just do it and they'll fall in love, oddly. o0
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Zackborg, is there anything about this thread that makes you think we're talking about coffee makers?

haha that made me lol because i didnt even notice that his post was out of place XD
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:59 PM
lol perhaps he was just adding a different topic to "stuff that's annoying" or something.

Back on the topic of relationships, the one thing I found annoying is that when my sim became Emperor of Evil, or whatever, she couldn't make friends with ANYONE. She had a husband, and their relationship went from love to enemies in about 2 sim hours.... Then they got a divorce, he moved out, and she met another guy -- again, love --> marriage --> enemies.

I had to make her quit her job to have kids and continue the family -- so stupid.
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
lol perhaps he was just adding a different topic to "stuff that's annoying" or something.

ah yes.. that was it. my mistake

and I DO find it annoying.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:50 PM
LOL, I finally got a sim to fall in love with another sim.

The bad thing is, that sim was married, and when she fell in love with him his wife kicked her out of the house and started screaming and clapping at the same time.

I was all, "lol wut". I used to do this all the time in TS2 for the lulz.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:03 AM
I usually never have this problem as long as I do the social interactions in order (Friendly, friendly, friendly before moving on to romantic. Switching back and forth between the two will reset your progress).

The only thing I HATE is that it takes forever to get them to Woohoo especially if the NPC is in a bad mood. I mean, my god, I understand you might be a wee bit peckish but if some young rock star is making a pass at you, you can forget about your hunger for a while!

I also wish there was a way to check other Sims' family trees. I hate it when I finally manage to make Sims fall in love and want to move in together... then I find out that the person moving in inexplicably spawned triplets and now I'm stuck with a family of 5.