Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 5:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Corrupted lot? There is a single lot I cannot access, every time I try it crashes
I was playing this lot in sims 2, it is a big lot, around 55mb, compared with others which are much less than that. I have been playing this lot for years with no problems. Recently when I click on the lot in the neighborhood there is a noticeable wait until I the menu shows up for me to click the play button.

Today I wanted to edit some things with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, so I was playing the lot, exited to the neighborhood, entered the cheat and went back. Instead of loading the game gets stuck on the fire icon and crashes. Now I cannot access this lot, it always gets stuck on the fire icon and crashes. I backed up my neighborhood then started playing around. All of the other lots work fine, it is just this one lot, lot 21. I was also moved out all but one of my sims into a new lot, so I can save my family no problem. I want to get this lot working again though. One reason is because I have about 50 paintings of all the sims who used to live in that house but left. I can access the texture for these paintings using SimPE but saving and repainting them all is going to be a real chore. Another reason, the biggest reason is my story. I have over 100 pics in my story, all with annotations. I don't know how I will get them back but I need them, redoing them will be too hard. I don't know if this is relevant but I also have about 40,000 images related to this one lot. The last reason is because this lot is actually a 10 star business, and it took a while to get to that point so I'd rather not lose that, but I am also willing to let it go since the business has been closed for a while.

My problem is actually exactly the same as this person's problem http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7191
I have tried removing my downloads and using Hoodchecker and all that jazz with no luck. It is the lot itself which is not loading

Do any of y'all have any suggestions? Is there a way to preserve my story? my lot?
I think I might have a backup from a week or two ago, but I really don't want it to come that as I've had multiple children, around 4 or so and there is no bringing them back once they are gone, I've grown attached to them though.
Come to think of it, IS there a way to bring them back? As long as their family tree is intact is there a way that I could add them to the household?
Apart from the children though I also made a lot with 8 new characters with their own personalities and shiz, I would want to bring them back too.

I tried to post this question in the help section but it kept telling me I wasn't logged on so it didn't work
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 6:11 PM
Have you tried deleting the cache files from the game itself?

Sometimes that is the problem, because they retain all the junk that accumulates during play-they can also become extremely large enough to do corruption.

Not saying that this should or will cure your problem but it is a suggestion..

As for bringing back the family, as long as they do not have death tokens, you might want to teleport them in via Inge's teleport bush/cat, or the Simblender. If they show up on the listing for either, they're still available. You might want to check in SimPE if they are listed and if they have any data attached to them. If they do, they're playable.

But that's not to say they're not also corrupted...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 7:16 PM
Moved to Help - don't know why you couldn't post in here originally OP. If it happens again, tell a mod and we'll see if we can spot a problem.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Have you tried deleting the cache files from the game itself?

Sometimes that is the problem, because they retain all the junk that accumulates during play-they can also become extremely large enough to do corruption.

Not saying that this should or will cure your problem but it is a suggestion..

As for bringing back the family, as long as they do not have death tokens, you might want to teleport them in via Inge's teleport bush/cat, or the Simblender. If they show up on the listing for either, they're still available. You might want to check in SimPE if they are listed and if they have any data attached to them. If they do, they're playable.

But that's not to say they're not also corrupted...

Yes I did try deleting the caches, and pretty much everything besides the neighborhood, still no luck.

Also getting back my family isn't the problem, I already have them back by moving them into another house, it's the story and paintings that I really want back
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Valencys
Yes I did try deleting the caches, and pretty much everything besides the neighborhood, still no luck.

Also getting back my family isn't the problem, I already have them back by moving them into another house, it's the story and paintings that I really want back

The game saves the pictures you take in the folder "pictures". As for the story and the lot I would try to find the package of lot21 in the neighbourhood you saved some weeks ago and replace the current corrupted lot21 with it. Then you actually put back your backup but without losing your other gameplay.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
The game saves the pictures you take in the folder "pictures". As for the story and the lot I would try to find the package of lot21 in the neighbourhood you saved some weeks ago and replace the current corrupted lot21 with it. Then you actually put back your backup but without losing your other gameplay.

Because I moved out some people during that time, will the lot remember this?

Also I could not find any folder named pictures
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Valencys
Because I moved out some people during that time, will the lot remember this?

Also I could not find any folder named pictures

You have to look in the folder neighbourhoods then the folder of the neighbourhood and then the folder pictures.

You can save the moved out sims first and then put back lot21. I don't think the game would remember you moving out those sims. But I don't know if there are other options you can try.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
You have to look in the folder neighbourhoods then the folder of the neighbourhood and then the folder pictures.

You can save the moved out sims first and then put back lot21. I don't think the game would remember you moving out those sims. But I don't know if there are other options you can try.

The folder is called "Storytelling".

Here is Pleasantview's C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001\Storytelling

OP you could try and open it in SimPE (the lot that is) and since no one has moved in yet the story maybe able to extract using SimPE. This is just a guess though.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
The folder is called "Storytelling".

Here is Pleasantview's C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001\Storytelling

OP you could try and open it in SimPE (the lot that is) and since no one has moved in yet the story maybe able to extract using SimPE. This is just a guess though.

Yes, indeed it's storytelling. I a sorry I was wrong. It was on my mobile I was typing that and I couldn't doublecheck at the time.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 8:08 PM
If you wanted to save any pictures taken in the photobooth or with the Uni camera, you need this tutorial.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 8:14 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Oct 2017 at 8:32 PM.
I've had similar problems a couple of times - but usually because of a borked CC item. A CC item can potentially behave nicely when placing it on the lot, but crash the game if left there. If you placed anything on the lot the last time you played, this may be the culprit. Could also be a hack/mod interfering with something on the lot.

To check if that might be the problem, take a backup of your neighborhood folder (so you don't accidentally bork up something and will be unable to reset), and then take out your Downloads folder (move to the Desktop - don't delete it). Delete all the cache files. Then run the game, and try to open up the lot. If the lot loads fine, your problem may be CC-related. If it crashes, the problem may be something else.

Before you start playing again: Delete the neighborhood folder, copy over the backup, and move back your Downloads folder. Don't let anything overwrite!

---

If you didn't add any CC, exactly what were you doing with the Testingcheat code? Did you just activate it and then enter the lot? Several things done with this activated can cause corruption, if you're not careful enough.

The Testingcheats code can also cause problems with certain CC. Sometimes the CC items cause a whole bunch of errors that don't show when the code isn't activated, but at the most you'd get a jump bug when the sims try to do something with the borked object or hack/mod. Enabling Testingcheats will allow these errors to show, and this may be the cause of the crashes. I'm not sure if the errors would show in the logs, but you should have some sort of crash log in the Logs folder or the "The Sims 2" folder if the game crashed.

A balanced game shouldn't trigger any error messages, crashes, or frequent jump bugs when Testingcheats is enabled - at least not without a good reason.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:04 PM
I went through the tutorial for errors so I've done all that, in fact moving the downloads was the first thing I did.

It would be nice to extract the story from Simpe, I just don't know how

Also the images I took for the painting, I could not find them in the storytelling folder, I can access them through SimPE though
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 4:51 AM
If you have moved ALL of the family out, then the portrait paintings will be gone, even if you had Inge's StayThingsShrub on the lot. At least they did in my game. I used thumbnails for my portraits, cropped them to the right size and put them in the paintings folder.

I think I would make a fresh backup, save it in a different place than the previous one, then try the suggestion to move in the older backup of the lot. If you don't like the results, you can always delete that one and put the recent backup in. If nothing else it might allow you to go in, pack up the paintings and whatever and move them out. Be sure whatever sim moves them out goes back into the house if it is a duplicate of one you have already moved out. Don't think it would be good for one to meet himself.

As for your story, if you can get in to the lot you can access the story and copy your annotations to a notebook. Then since the pics are in your Storytelling folder you should be able to remake the story. (Do you have those 40,000 pics you mentioned all in your game folder?)
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 11:45 AM
Here is something that has worked for me in the past: turn testingcheatsenabled on in neighborhood view. Try to load the lot. See if you get an error message. Click Delete on the error. Hopefully this will do the trick and help you load the lot.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:44 PM
Thanks guys, I ended up replacing the lot with an older version and it works perfectly now! I just had to repaint some of the pics which I extracted from simpe, but everything worked perfectly and all my sims were there