Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:43 AM
Default Is there a better way to find my stuff?
Hi :-)

Like the title says is there a better way of finding stuff in game? I'll break my issue down below and hope it makes sense.

I have a problem finding my custom content in game. I don't mean it's missing, I just have so much it' hard to sort trough. The search function seems really useless :-( But not sure if I'm using it right, maby there's a trick I don't know about.

Say I want to find all the items for one of Severinkas kids bedrooms. I start typing Severinka in the search window but the list only shows items from one of her other sets. If I press space the list dissapears compleatly so I can't see any of the other content also if I press enter after the space and trying to write more it says no items found even If I can locate it manually. So it seems I can only type one word in the search window wich isn't helping me find anything.

If I press enter It chooses one of the items on the list, goes to the folder it's located in and highlight that item instead of showing all Severinkas items wich would have been better. Trying to sort trough all the items manually especially when I dont know he full name of all the items takes forever.

When downloading CC you see theese amazing prewiew pictures and I want to be able to decorate similar to thoose. But finding first the bed in a set, then the end table and dressers, then the blanket, then the pillows, then all the clutter and so on and so on seems to be nearly impossible.

Anyone know if there is a better way to find stuff or a better way of using the search funktion in game? I must say I really miss the collection folders, was so nice to just pop all the stuff from a certain creator down there. If there is no in game way o improving this but a mod that fixes it that would also be helpful. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance :-)
Zinara
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:39 AM
Well, I'd use search option, but instead typing creator's name (e.g. Severinka), type set's name.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 11:12 AM
Unfortnatly this still only let me find a few items. Say the set contains 30 items, typing the set name still show me a list with just a few of theese items. Say the list contains:

Set name Bed
Set name Endtable
Set name Dresser
Set name Lamp
Setname Rug

What about finding the other 25 items? How can I find them witout searching trough everything?
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 3:58 PM
Viewing your CC with S4S taking note of the Object name, thumbnail, price, and category, makes thing easily to find quickly, I've always found just relying on the search, plain horrible, good concept, but the way maxis named many of objects, and some creators poorly name their objects many things are impossible to find.