Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 3:22 AM
Default Pokémon? (Not a WCIF)
This isn't a WCIF because I'm after ideas, not CC. I plan to make various Pokémon characters in TS2. I can make the humans, but I don't know how to represent their Pokémon. Any ideas? Maybe I should name regular pets after them, or make them as children resembling the Pokémon that never grow up? I need ideas.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 6:28 PM
I'm not an expert on the subject, but I know Pokemons come in different sizes, so it might be a good idea to represent them as sims of a different age group depending on their dimension (and besides, other players could benefit from them when they want to have their sims disguise/cosplay as pokemons), but it's also true that they are more "animals" than people so behavior wise using a pet makes more sense. I'd go for the sim route, but from a gameplay stance a pet makes more sense.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 6:49 PM

It was regrettable.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 9:26 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 19th Jun 2017 at 9:45 PM.
Dogs don't work as pickachus. Use cats.

You can also use supernaturals to have them unique walking styles (zombies shamble, werewolfes run bent down, vampires stalk). Might be close/appriopate to certain pokeman.

Also you could turn everyone of them into witches to give them width rage of powers. With noreagentrequired mod, you can "train" them to learn more or get with their powers and cast unlimited spells.
Alchemist
#5 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 11:20 PM
not sure, but someone might have created content that look like Pokemon characters. an internet search might find such content if it exists.
cats/dogs might more easily look like those characters.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:08 AM
Another possibility would be womrats and birds: womrat = Rattata, bird = Pidgey or whatever.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 1:10 PM
Humanoid grown up Sims always work too. People cosplay as pokemon, and I think it fit anyways. Like many have said here: it depends on the pokemon's size and anatomy. You could even use butterflies and fireflies remashes to make them look/resemble the tiny/micro pokemon. Cockcroaches too. Character/personaly traits could also play a part of what thing/person should be a specifici pokemon. Crumplebottoms could be a charzard that is grumpy and acts like a d**k.Meowth could be charlatan.

Supernatural types could also be there to represent pokemon types. Ghost and Plantsims obviously for ghost and plant pokemon respectively. Zombies could be poisonous type pokemon. Psychic and fairies as witches/warlocks. Ect.

I'm no pokemon fan, so I'm just spitballing ideas and I have may made some mistakes in there and here.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 5:38 PM
I mean, obviously Jynx and Mr Mime would be best represented by sims. Possibly a servo in Mr Mime's case? And something like Magnemite would probably best be represented by one of the minor ofb bots.

Some Pokemon like Baltoy, Lunatone, Solrock, Trubish, etc might be a bit more difficult.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 7:00 PM
Or use remeshes for the duplicates of the flying drones (sentrybot and munchiebot).