Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 4:26 PM
Default Wrong mesh - Hula mesh showing up
Hi,

I've been working on a sim of Tywin Lannister, from the TV show Game of Thrones.
I am working on the outfit these days. It has been going well until now but his current outfit doesn't have the right collar shape (see picture joined in the bin), so I was thinking I could try to combine two meshes together; the one I used for most of the outfit, and the collar from another one.

I am using Tiggerypum's short tunic with alpha boots for most of the mesh
and I wanted to add Berg's Regency fashion collar to it.

I am a noob mesher. I am trying to go along the beginner's tutorials to achieve this.
Problem is, Tiggery's Adult Male mesh doesn't show up properly in Milkshape, I am getting Maxis' Female hula mesh instead. I am not sure how to get the proper mesh to show up...

Can anyone help?
I'd really like to be done with my Tywin before Mr. Charles Dance' birthday, which is in a couple weeks (October 10). He's the actor playing Tywin in Game of Thrones and I'd like to post my sim on his facebook, see if he likes it.

Thank you. I'll be waiting for this.
Screenshots

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 2:03 PM
Could you link to the mesh you are trying to open in Milkshape, that does not show properly please?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:14 PM
Hi Rosebine, thanks for chiming in

it is the one in the picture. From Tiggerypum. This one. It's the one I used to make Tywin's outfit.
I've been going through the third tutorial for beginners) and was trying to join the mesh above to Berg's outfit because its collar is closer to what Tywin is wearing and it makes him a shorter neck.

I created my recolor, created a new mesh file, fixed integrity, linked the new mesh to my recolor and extracted the GMDC. But once in Milkshape, instead of seeing Tig's mesh, I had the maxis hula for females. Do you think it could be the mesh that Tig used originally to create her own?

Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 2:00 PM
I can't tell you anything, if I cannot test both meshes myself, this is why I asked links. Pictures are pretty..but I have no idea where to find these meshes. And there are 2 different outfits in your first picture..so Zoe or Liz?

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 3:26 PM
Have you been using the PJSE Mesh Tools in SimPE to make your mesh package? If so, that's the problem - the PJSE tool can only do EA meshes, not custom ones. To "clone" a CC mesh package you just need to copy the file, open it up in SimPE and fix integrity (remember to change the mesh name).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I can't tell you anything, if I cannot test both meshes myself, this is why I asked links. Pictures are pretty..but I have no idea where to find these meshes. And there are 2 different outfits in your first picture..so Zoe or Liz?

Tiggerypum's mesh, the one used for tunics. Liz and Zoe made the textures, I believe. The meshes are downloadable in the package for peasants or workers, the one I am trying to work on, is the one for adults/elders by Tig. I keep getting the hula no matter how I try. I don't know why I am getting a female mesh from a male outfit...

Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Have you been using the PJSE Mesh Tools in SimPE to make your mesh package? If so, that's the problem - the PJSE tool can only do EA meshes, not custom ones. To "clone" a CC mesh package you just need to copy the file, open it up in SimPE and fix integrity (remember to change the mesh name).

Oh wow, thank you. That could be my error. I am so stuck! I'll try that and come give feedback here soon.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 3:53 PM
I think the reason you keep getting the af hula mesh is because that's the EA mesh that Tig used as a base (she probably used it because it's already set up for alpha stuff). So if you use PJSE, it can't find Tig's mesh, so it falls back to the one she used as a base instead.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 11:53 PM
Cool..you are saving me the effort of downloading meshes I'll never use! lol Seriously, I would not have thought about PJSE being a possible cause, because I never use this. The tutorial I have always been following was about finding/extracting a game mesh, and work with it to create your own
And if ever I need to peak at someone else's mesh, i just extract it right from their mesh package.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:12 AM
Well, you should use PJSE for extracting game meshes - it's so much easier than the old fashioned way!

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 6:11 PM
Nysha, your trick worked wonderfully. I could finally load the right meshes to work on. I'll go back to my "Creator Feedback" thread now. Thanks again Rosebine and Nysha for your support and help here!