Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:04 PM
Default Looking for a mod (check / security / bond)
Hey!
I have a family with 7 young adult Sims and two of them are engaged now. I want to move them to a House together but splitting the family leaves them with 20,000 or so... (come on EA marketing guys update this stupid system already.... I wish sims 4 was more like 3 with better graphics ).

What I'm looking for is a mod that allows me to add a certain amount of money to a Sim inventory like a check or something...
Or a mod that improves the "moving in / out menu"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:09 AM
Can't you just use motherlode? If no, there is a WCIF section here, but I have never heard of a mod like this. But I have not looked for one. :D
Theorist
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:14 AM
If all else fails just buy a couple super expensive items to take up most of their money and put them in the sims family inventory, then when you get to the new house sell them. You can roleplay the money lost in the process as having to pay the movers or something...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:15 AM
When I had that mansion baron goal or whatever it was I just dumped extremely expensive items in the attic too as did not want to add onto the house. After the goal was met I deleted them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
If all else fails just buy a couple super expensive items to take up most of their money and put them in the sims family inventory, then when you get to the new house sell them. You can roleplay the money lost in the process as having to pay the movers or something...

I have to split the family first to seperate the new couple from the other 5 sims. The 5 sims on the old lot keep the family inventory with those expensive items while the couple would still be poor (but they earned most of the cash x-x)

I'd rather use a handy mod than cheats. I don't know why but as soon as I manipulate the Cash the game feels irrelevant
Theorist
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luke_MK_II
I have to split the family first to seperate the new couple from the other 5 sims. The 5 sims on the old lot keep the family inventory with those expensive items while the couple would still be poor (but they earned most of the cash x-x)

I'd rather use a handy mod than cheats. I don't know why but as soon as I manipulate the Cash the game feels irrelevant

if you switch to playing the new family as you move them out of the old place they take the family inventory with them. At least that's how I remember it working for me. Maybe I remember incorrectly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
if you switch to playing the new family as you move them out of the old place they take the family inventory with them. At least that's how I remember it working for me. Maybe I remember incorrectly.

You can do that in TS3 but not in TS4 since you can either move the whole family or nobody. If you want to move out 2 sims you have to seperate them in edit world and they won't have the family inventory like this.

who thought that this was a good idea? I wouldn't hire the guy
Theorist
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:54 AM
You can do that in TS3 but not in TS4 since you can either move the whole family or nobody. If you want to move out 2 sims you have to seperate them in edit world and they won't have the family inventory like this.

who thought that this was a good idea? I wouldn't hire the guy

There are a lot of people on the Sims 4 team I wouldn't hire...
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 5:03 AM
It the cheat is Money {number} (eg. Money 250000), or whatever is needed.

Another one is on World Map screen, FreeRealEstate on allows you to move around any families to any houses ignoring the price.
Banned
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 5:07 AM
Hey!
I have a family with 7 young adult Sims and two of them are engaged now. I want to move them to a House together but splitting the family leaves them with 20,000 or so... (come on EA marketing guys update this stupid system already.... I wish sims 4 was more like 3 with better graphics ).

What I'm looking for is a mod that allows me to add a certain amount of money to a Sim inventory like a check or something...

do the new family, or more likely move then, play with them and do money 50000 (50000 for example) and done.
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:37 AM
Hey!

@Luke_MK_II I think this mod by LittleMsSam should be good enough for what you're looking for: ATM Cards and now with real Credit Function! (Update of Zooroo’s Mod). I use it in my own game.
Banned
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
@Luke_MK_II I think this mod by LittleMsSam should be good enough for what you're looking for: ATM Cards and now with real Credit Function! (Update of Zooroo’s Mod). I use it in my own game.

with all do respect but i find this mod stupid. if you can do money xxxxxxx its way easy. and you dont need to do money 99999 you can do like money 700 if you need a few bucks and skip the whole nasty deal of going trough a loan. as a debit card to load cash that is a smart move.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:00 AM
How about moving them with the freerealestate cheat? And once they're in the new house you can give them more money with motherlode or kaching.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison

That's not what I am looking for since it generates money.

Here is the Situation: There are 7 Sims living in this one House I built. 2 Of them decided to move out after they reached level 10 in thier Job. The Household has 300.000$ and the two Sims i want to move earned 180.000 of this fund.

If I use this debit mod they are still losing thier 180K and the situation is even worse not since they need to pay interest.

@sleepyrose that's a bit too complicated. Splitting the household, moving the 2 sims to the house I want just to go back to use a $$$ cheat to reduce cash of the remaining 5 sims...
I'd have to do this every single time sinc that's how I've alway played the sims. 7 sims and moving 1 out as soon as they can afford a house and so on...
Banned
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:44 PM
That's not what I am looking for since it generates money.

Here is the Situation: There are 7 Sims living in this one House I built. 2 Of them decided to move out after they reached level 10 in thier Job. The Household has 300.000$ and the two Sims i want to move earned 180.000 of this fund.

If I use this debit mod they are still losing thier 180K and the situation is even worse not since they need to pay interest.

@sleepyrose that's a bit too complicated. Splitting the household, moving the 2 sims to the house I want just to go back to use a $$$ cheat to reduce cash of the remaining 5 sims...
I'd have to do this every single time sinc that's how I've alway played the sims. 7 sims and moving 1 out as soon as they can afford a house and so on...

with the mentioned ATM mod, you can buy debit cards of like 100.000. you can buy that debit card by the fair amount you consider and then move out those sims with the debit card on them, then just take away the cash from the cards and be done with it.

and BTW that functionality was never present since sims 2. the 2 adults that get marry and move out start with the base game money, and earn more from their jobs.
ea/maxis never implemented a code to substract all the money those sims earned in their life time from the family cash pool. it should calculate how much those sims spended over the course of their lifes. what if they end up on negative numbers??? less start cash or none at all...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 5:08 PM
In sims 3 you could determine who is goint to move and who is stayying and by ticking the active household box, all the money will be transfered or will stay. It makes a HUGE difference since you can move 2 sims into a new home, leave them with 0 cash (not active household) and then switch families. Go to work once or twice and boom 0 turned to 10.000. So it was 100% functional

Guess the ATM mod is worth a try if that's really what it does. Reading the mod description i thought it was something like: activate the card and recieve 100k while having extra expenses over time
Scholar
#17 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 1:31 PM
In sims 3 you could determine who is goint to move and who is stayying and by ticking the active household box, all the money will be transfered or will stay. It makes a HUGE difference since you can move 2 sims into a new home, leave them with 0 cash (not active household) and then switch families. Go to work once or twice and boom 0 turned to 10.000. So it was 100% functional

Guess the ATM mod is worth a try if that's really what it does. Reading the mod description i thought it was something like: activate the card and recieve 100k while having extra expenses over time

There is the loan function and then there is the cash card function. I don't use the loan function, myself, but I use the cash cards a lot. It was just a suggestion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 3:50 PM
Looks like a better solution than the money bag / gold bar mod at least

It may be i'm a pessimist
But I'd say we need an exorcist
The root of all evil standing tall
Under God and above us all

Forum Resident
#19 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:20 AM
The finance mod is pretty stable, but at this time not being updated https://www.simrealist.com/ - although in the future it may be. Go to the middle of the page to download it.

the way it works is: you create an account for the sim you want via computer, and then a debit card is added to that specific sim's inventory. It can be as much as you want, but the money comes from your sim's household account (as opposed to a motherlode or kaching or money cheat). Then, when you move that sim, the debit card and account will go with them.

I have used it well for personal use, but haven't with a business account. Every time you purchase something with the specific sim who is the cardholder (it is one person per card, two people do not share a card, so to speak) it will ask you if you want to use the debit card or the remaining household funds. If the cardholder's spouse or child or whatever is your current active sim (because the cardholder is at work or traveling), the money will just come out of the household account . Check it out and see if it will work for you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:09 PM
this sounds interesting. Not being updated means it does work but there is no future content to come or is it not compatible with the current Sims version?

It may be i'm a pessimist
But I'd say we need an exorcist
The root of all evil standing tall
Under God and above us all

Forum Resident
#21 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:53 AM
this sounds interesting. Not being updated means it does work but there is no future content to come or is it not compatible with the current Sims version?

It should be fine for now unless a petaggeddon type patch happens with EA. Even though it is free for download, it is a professionally created mod and a behind-the-scenes issue came up, so the mod's expansion was halted. The current release works fine for what I need, and I believe you should have no problems with it right now, but if EA does anything apocalyptic, the mod is *currently* not being supported. In the future, that may change, but it is not being worked on in favor of a major mod that will expand on the doctor career called Private Practice.

When you download the mod, note that there is a set of bank tray files also. Unzip those, put those in your tray folder if you want, and leave the custom content in your buy catalog that is specific to the bank alone (i.e. the bank computer - is for bank npc's to use, I believe, so don't buy that one for your sim and don't cull it from your mods folder either)

it is a neat little mod.