3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#12901 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:33 PM
Burn it with fire!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12902 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:48 PM
Why are some items in this lot in Clean Installer shown in red? What should I do?

They are items I really would not have expected to be there. The lot has never been lived in. I'm not planning on uploading it, only of installing it in my lot bin so I can use it in my game.

The house is based on the Nightlife Small Home with Driveway, extensively modified. (Driveway removed and second floor added.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12903 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:19 PM
Those are mods that affect behavior (red) that got picked up when the lot was packaged. Some mods are sneaky like that, which is why Clean Installer is a good idea. If you package for upload, it's a good idea to package it up, install it with Clean Installer to remove any accidental mods it picked up, and then repackage it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12904 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 7:16 PM
As it's for your game Andrew, what I would do there is click the button that says lot only (the little house I think) and then resave - don't use the same name or overwrite - and leave out everything else (which is already in your game obviously). That way, when you install, it will just install the lot and won't install second copies of all that stuff that is already in your game.

As Peni said, red is for hacks or hacked objects, pink is for duplicates and with the newer version of Clean Installer there is blue too though I've forgotten again what that's for.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#12905 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM
I guess we can call this a stupid question because I did read about it the other day and being stupid enough not to remember where.

Anyway, there was a mod mentioned that would prevent tombstones/urns to randomly delete and corrupt the game. There isn't many of those in my game but there's a few so I may need the mod. But what's the name of it and where can I find it?

(Please qote me so I find the way back faster).
Mad Poster
#12906 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 10:46 PM
@Mrmo
This would be nounlinkondelete

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#12907 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
@Mrmo
This would be nounlinkondelete

Wow, that was fast. OK, downloaded. Better safe then sorry I guess. Thank you for the link!

(And I did spell "quote" wrong. Sorry).
Mad Poster
#12908 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:23 AM
There is no impact. It was dummied out. I think one of the EPs reassigned the value for something else.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12909 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:30 AM
So practicing Romance in the mirror doesn't do anything really except keep the grouchier sims from practicing angry lectures?
Mad Poster
#12910 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:32 AM
Romance increases Charisma, actually. It was initially meant to be a separate skill but Maxis rolled it all into Charisma.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12911 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:44 AM
Oh I know that... but I mean, when you practice Romance with your grouchy sim, at least Grouchy McGrump-Grump doesn't practice shouting XD
Mad Poster
#12912 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:45 AM
A lot of my Sims have parrots just for the charisma-building. It's also one of the only ways (aside from career rewards) for kids to get it.

Mad Poster
#12913 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:52 AM
Oh I know. I always choose the sulfur crested cockatoo because it looks most like a cockatiel, and I name it after a female cockatiel I had years ago - Twinkles.
Mad Poster
#12914 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Wow, that was fast. OK, downloaded. Better safe then sorry I guess. Thank you for the link!

(And I did spell "quote" wrong. Sorry).

You are welcome, and yes, better be safe than sorry. Funny thing is...you were still watching this thread when I posted and tag you. I never saw your misspelling. lol
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Oh I know. I always choose the sulfur crested cockatoo because it looks most like a cockatiel, and I name it after a female cockatiel I had years ago - Twinkles.

I like to get the multicolored one and name it Frootloops. This is really random.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12915 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:49 AM
I need to make a townie named Grouchy McGrump-Grump.

Mad Poster
#12916 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:09 AM
Mad Poster
#12917 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:11 AM
In Black Mesa I had a townie named Nosy Parker. Three guesses what his most notable facial feature was.

Top Secret Researcher
#12918 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 8:14 AM
How do I identify a recolour of a picture I don't want so I can delete it. Is it possible? I've tried putting the pictures on a wall in a fairly blank lot and packaging it, but the pictures aren't listed in clean installer.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12919 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:17 AM
Place the picture and use the swatch tool on it, when the recolour shows up delete it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#12920 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Place the picture and use the swatch tool on it, when the recolour shows up delete it.

I had no idea you could do that in game. How do you delete it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12921 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:08 AM
A little bin/trash can thingame shows up- on the right I think.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#12922 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:19 AM
Well, I feel a bit of a dick. I had never noticed that before! It's amazing how long you can play this game and still discover things.
Mad Poster
#12923 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:21 AM
The MEDICATION!!!!!!!!!! It is NOT A Patient Counseling Messages Caution: Be careful not to stand up too quickly

Mad Poster
#12924 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
The MEDICATION!!!!!!!!!! It is NOT A Patient Counseling Messages Caution: Be careful not to stand up too quickly

Dude, you seriously need to turn your computer off at night.
Forum Resident
#12925 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:41 PM
I need to delete the duplicate Nervous Subject from Strangetown, but without opening the neighbourhood in game. Does anyone know a method for this? It must be possible since Tarlia managed to remove duplicates from her hoods.

While I'm at it, what is the preferred method for fixing broken faces?
Page 517 of 1345