Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:40 AM Last edited by izzybow : 6th Aug 2015 at 10:36 AM.
Default Over-protective Husband.
So this is the first challenge I've made, and I am currently testing it out. It isn't the best every challenge, I know, but please give it a try.
All the rules are just guidelines, so you can change the challenge to suite you. Please comment if you are going to try it or not, and if so if you think it is good or not, and why. Also comment how you have changed it as I'm very interested to hear from you!
1. Create a new household
2. Include in it a young adult woman who has either an artistic or angelic look about her. Give her a selection of the following traits: ambitious, art lover, cheerful, creative, good, outgoing, romantic. She should probably have the Painter Extraordinaire or Friend of the World Aspirations, but Party Animal or Serial Romantic may work as well (read step 7 before choosing).
3. Also have a male young adult who looks quite smart and snobbish with a hint of evil. The should have a selection of these traits: ambitious, bookworm, evil, genius, hot headed, materialistic, mean, neat, perfectionist, romantic, self assured, snob. Give him the Public Enemy, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Renaissance Sim, Nerd Brain or Computer Whiz aspiration.
4. Make sure the two sims are married. :lovestruc
5. Now start creating (or you could get one off the gallery and modify) the house. It needs to be fairly large and nice ( press Ctrl + Shift + C then type motherlode - it gets you 50,000 more simoleons) and makes sure there’s an easel upstairs.
6. When you start live mode you need to give the man a job (tech guru or business would be the most suitable). He believes in the traditional family, where the males earn the money for the family, whereas the women need to cook and clean and look after the children. Because of this, he needs to spend a lot of time trying to meet his promotion requirements.
7. The female spends her time at home cooking, cleaning, looking after any children they have. She also needs to work on a hobby which can earn her money. personally, I think painting would be a good idea, but it might work for sculpting, any music/performing hobbies that earn you money, or gardening. Remember to get the aspirations/traits to match this hobby. However, the husband wants her stuck in the house and not mingle with any other sims apart from himself. So, when he is at work, the woman can make friends and invite them over, but, by the time the husband gets home, she needs to be alone, in the house, and doing what the husband approves of.
8. Keep playing until either a) one dies or b) the woman is caught with her friends.
HAPPY SIMMING!
Update: She can move out if she makes a best friend, or completes her aspiration.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 1:30 AM
Seems like a fun challenge, but a bit... Short. What if the husband catches the wife right off the bat or something? You should put in a warning system, like he catches her once, warns her sternly, and if she gets caught again, you lose.
To add some spice, you could always make it so the husband catches the wife cheating, something I do often. This is a kind of challenge that's fun in the beginning but gets really boring really fast. Add some excitement to it so people not only PLAY it, but CONTINUE to play it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 1:26 PM
I think if I play this I would have to put in a win condition: Like the wife needs to make three or more friends and earn a certain amount of money from her "Hobby". Then she can have the courage and money to move away from this man. Otherwise the whole thing has a negative feel. She is just stuck with him until one of them dies.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 4:26 AM
This challenge definitely shows promise. And I feel like, yes it is short but it gives us all creative license to enrich our stories. Right on! Starting it tonight.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
I think if I play this I would have to put in a win condition: Like the wife needs to make three or more friends and earn a certain amount of money from her "Hobby". Then she can have the courage and money to move away from this man. Otherwise the whole thing has a negative feel. She is just stuck with him until one of them dies.

I think this is a cool addition to the challenge!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by talybama
I think this is a cool addition to the challenge!

thanks. I like my happy endings and having a more active goal to reach for. Are you playing this challenge. I haven't yet but I think I will. If you do post pics, I love seeing other peoples take on things.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 3:04 PM
This is a nice challenge!