Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 2:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help with delting bupmaps
I followed the advice I found here to Delete the bumpmap: https://skellington7d.livejournal.com/89327.html
Deleted the greyed out TXTR then delete the four lines.
On loading up the game I realize some work and some show up as skin outfits. Help?

Found the download https://modthesims.info/d/356512/su...s-for-kids.html
Not every outfit had a bumpmap issue only I read it bloats the file so I removed all of them. https://modthesims.info/d/356512/su...s-for-kids.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 6:34 AM
That should work. Can you upload the ones that didn't work?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 9:58 AM
If some show as skin outfits, make sure you didn't accidentally delete the regular texture, or any other lines in the TXMT.

The "grey" texture can sometimes look a bit like the regular one, so make sure it has "NormalMap" in the name.

A bump map (if made properly and shaders/bump maps are turned on) can make outfits look a bit nicer, especially around seams. If it's poorly made, or just replaced with a fully grey texture, it is just bloat in the fle.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 9:55 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 2nd Dec 2023 at 10:28 PM.
@Charity So checking again, the ones that don't work are some of the files for girls. The files for boys are all working.
I will see if I can figure out which ones are not showing and post them here.

@simmer22 The TXTR for recolouring is easy to see, but I checked them all, and those are all there.
I doubt this is anything but the clothes are not grouped exactly together in catalogue but are a bit scattered. Some of the items had that weird dark look and odd necks, I wanted to fix those then thought I would remove them all for the bloat.

This is one of the non working ones.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  New folder.rar (106.9 KB, 5 downloads)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 10:49 PM
You're only supposed to remove the four lines that say "stdMatNormalMap..." and not anything else in the TXMT.
You need to keep the "stdMatBaseTexture..." lines. Otherwise it can't read the colored textures.

The file you uploaded had none of them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 11:28 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 3rd Dec 2023 at 12:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You're only supposed to remove the four lines that say "stdMatNormalMap..." and not anything else in the TXMT.
You need to keep the "stdMatBaseTexture..." lines. Otherwise it can't read the colored textures.

The file you uploaded had none of them.

You are right, I don't know how I did that?? Thanks.

Edit: I think I figured out what I did. I may have opened the file again to check I was getting the 4 lines since this was the first time I have deleted bumpmaps and saw U tile,V tile etc and thought I had forgotten to commit the first time, so went and deleted the second set including the Matbase line. By the time I got to the boys I felt I knew what I was doing so I never double checked them.

~Call me Jo~