Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Rewriting a Maxis memory.
I don't know if it is the right place to ask this, but, I have a question for those how use SimPE...

How can I rewrite a memory (change it's title and description)? I don't want to create a custom memory, I just want to modify a Maxis memory. I tried to open the file of a mod that does something similar to what I want, but I couldn't learn anything from it.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:06 AM
Here's one tutorial that's pretty clear: http://modthesims.info/t/228915
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:38 AM
It's not exactly that I was looking for, I already know how to create and change memories of each sim in SimPe. I wanted to know if it is possible to change a particular memory name and description (just the text parts of the memory), sort of creating a default replacement for that memory.

Although I'm giving up of the idea, as it seems to be more complicated than a thought at first (I think it would require changing the interactions related to said memory too), don't worth all the work.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:24 PM
It's not possible to change the text of an existing EAxis memory, if that's what you're asking, as they're all the same. The text for all of them is held in a separate file in the game files not in the memory itself. You can default replace them - an example would be the same sex marriage mod which changes the text from Joined Union to Married but it will do it for all the instances of that memory.

The only thing I've seen that allows for custom memories (without you actually making one) is the diary. Individual, EAxis-generated memories you can't edit - except to default, as I said.

Watch the caveats with that though: http://modthesims.info/d/526406

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc