Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#14151 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
turning sims into townie-types.
with insimenator, sim manipulator, sim blender; Townie and Downtonie are available, but not the other kinds of townies. is there any in-game way (Spawn object or another hack) for the other townie types?

@mdsb759

Argon's Towniebrick will turn YA's into Dormies and Adults or teens into Vacation Locals. Note: for Tourists you need to use the spawned object 'NPC and Townie Maker'.

Scroll down and look for reply #11.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11060.0.html

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14152 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
turning sims into townie-types.
with insimenator, sim manipulator, sim blender; Townie and Downtonie are available, but not the other kinds of townies. is there any in-game way (Spawn object or another hack) for the other townie types?

Townie brick - has the advantage of setting up the BV locals properly. But what townies do you want? You know if you use the 'make me a townie' option on campus - at least with the transporter cat - they become dormies (as long as they're YA to start with). Dormies (and others) are just a form of townie so that command works for them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#14153 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 2:28 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 27th Jun 2018 at 2:38 AM.
What are the genetic properties of the alien eyes? Can they change if you put in default replacement alien eyes? I always thought they were dominant over everything else, but then I put in some default replacement ones and I started getting alien babies with dark blue eyes (or at any rate, the eyes that I have as my default replacements for dark blue). They still have a gene for alien eyes, just the blue eyes are showing instead. I tried setting the genetics of the default replacement alien eyes to 0 with Wardrobe Wrangler, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect, even on babies that were born after I did that. The aliens who were already born in my game with alien eyes are correctly using the new default replacements. How do I get my aliens to be born with alien eyes again?
Scholar
#14154 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 2:38 AM
Thanks, Maxon and Sunbee. Yes, using Inteen and a no alien sexism mod - although, come to think of it, can teens get alien-pregnant with Inteen, or only normal-pregnant? I should have asked that first, really!

I have several teens who want to get abducted by aliens; if the first to get abducted is a regular Sim, he or she will have to take a chance on the consequences, but as Ambassador to Strangetown, PT#9 Smith really ought to know the rules and be able to advise young Lola (now a teen) accordingly. She's legally obliged to have a baby by a full-blooded alien at some point, but the law doesn't specify when.
Mad Poster
#14155 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 4:16 AM
@BlueAlien - I had a teen get alien-pregnant when I have InTeen in.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#14156 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:00 PM
How are Chris Hatch's Visit Other Sims and Christianlov's Transporter mirror functionally different? They both send the sim and make the sim selectable upon arrival. Aside from any other options they might have, what do they do differently when they move the sim?
Undead Molten Llama
#14157 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:22 PM
The transport mirror adds the Sim to the "target" household, which allows for somewhat different things to do on the lot that aren't available to visiting Sims when made selectable. It also removes the selected Sim(s) from their original household. It can be a permanent or a temporary move. Also, it works for all ages, down to babies and, I think, for pets. I'm not sure that the "Visit Sim" mod does. (I can't use that because it's incompatible with Inteen.) For instance, I use the mirror to run player-run day cares for babies and toddlers. When I'm playing the toddler's family, I just send the toddler to the day care using the mirror, which temporarily removes the toddler from the family, so the parents can leave the lot without having to have a nanny. Then, I use the mirror to transport the toddler back to their original household when a parent comes home. When I'm playing the day care lot, I use the mirror to transport in all babies/toddlers that the owner has been hired to care for. Since they become members of the household, all interactions are available for both the caretaker and the kids. (Which isn't the case when they're just lot visitors that have been made selectable.)

Since I often don't allow nannies in my neighborhoods, I do similar things with the mirror to have relatives babysit kids/toddlers/babies when, for example, the parents want to go out on a date. I can either transport the sitter to the kids' household and then the parents can leave the lot for a date or whatever because there's an appropriate-age household member there. (It doesn't work that way with just a selectable visitor because the game doesn't see them as household members) OR I can transport the kid(s) to the relative's household so the parents can leave and then transport them back when they come back from their date. (I usually do the former, since I use Community Time. That way, while the parents are away from the lot, I can play the sitter and the kids, which allows relationships to build between relatives who don't live together.)

So, that's the main difference: The mirror makes the moved Sim(s) members of the "target" household, whereas (I believe) Chris's mod makes them only visitors, albeit selectable. Which mod is "better" depends on what you're intending to do.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#14158 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:27 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 27th Jun 2018 at 9:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
The transport mirror adds the Sim to the "target" household, which allows for somewhat different things to do on the lot that aren't available to visiting Sims when made selectable. ...For instance, I use the mirror to run player-run day cares for babies and toddlers.

That's very helpful, thank you. I definitely want it to work this way with babies, toddlers, and kids. I do have BO - Kids & Pets Unattended. I wonder if that will have or duplicate any effects.

New Question: Does anyone know if there's a way to summon an entire household? It would be ok if they didn't all come, but I'd like to call everyone to a town meeting at once.
Undead Molten Llama
#14159 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
That's very helpful, thank you. I definitely want it to work this way with babies, toddlers, and kids. I do have BO - Kids & Pets Unattended. I wonder if that will have or duplicate any effects.

I don't have that mod, so...I don't know! I have a No Social Worker mod because I'm perfectly happy to have latchkey children without any sort of penalty, kids who get home from school before their parents get home from work. Even IRL I'm of the opinion that it's good for appropriate-age school-age kids (say around 8+ or so, depending of course on the maturity level of the kid and their general behavior) to be left alone sometimes for an hour or two -- so long as one lives in a safe area, of course, and there's nothing safer than SimWorld! -- in that it allows them to learn some self-sufficiency. But I don't agree with infants and toddlers being left alone, ever, so I wouldn't want that to happen even in the game. With the transport mirror I don't have to worry about it. I can transport Sims in and out as needed. If I want to, I don't have to use nannies at all and parents can still have adult social lives while still never leaving kids alone. With that mod, I imagine parents could just go on a date and leave their toddler home alone. That just feels wrong to me. I mean, you could just not do that, but then what's the point of having the mod?

I also use the mirror a lot in my military neighborhood, where Sims can be sent out "on TDY/deployment." I have an empty lot where "deployed" sims get transported to for the duration, and then they get transported back when their TDY/deployment is over and I subtract days from their age, etc. Sure, I COULD move them out to the family bin for the time, but that will subtract money from the household, which I don't want, and it'll also mean saving/exiting to the neighborhood when I want to move the deployed Sim back in. I don't have to do that with the mirror, nor does using the mirror affect household funds when you move Sims in/out.

EDIT RE: Summoning entire households: Sure, you can do that with the Sim Blender or similar. You can also use the Blender to make them temporarily selectable, if you want. Of course, toddlers and children have "curfews," but you probably wouldn't want them at a town meeting, anyway. Of course if you summon in/make selectable too many Sims you might end up with lag, depending on your machine specs.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#14160 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 10:06 PM

New Question: Does anyone know if there's a way to summon an entire household? It would be ok if they didn't all come, but I'd like to call everyone to a town meeting at once.

You could try Inge's Meeting Controller.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#14161 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 3:43 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 28th Jun 2018 at 4:03 AM.
Blender, Inge's Meeting Controller, and InSim all only summon one sim at a time. I do use Inge's if I have a group I already know that I will want all the time, because I have to set up tokens for them. What I'd like to do, though, is more like the "Invite Household" command where everyone is invited all at once, but it would be easy to invite multiple households. Some will come, some might not. I'd imagine it could limit the number who show up easily enough. I imagine it as an object, like a bell that could be rung calling everyone to come, the way a school or church bell would. My hoods are small with relatively few families so I like the idea of inviting all the key players, but having random ones show up so it's more dynamic.

As for the BO - Kids & Pets Unattended mod. No, I wouldn't leave babies and toddlers either, but it's a convenience thing. Sometimes the parent would get home from work just moments after the child was dropped from school, and the game would complain which I thought was silly since I can't exactly control when they get home. Also, I was playing a lot of communal apartment houses and didn't want to go through the awkward formality of asking/phoning someone to babysit when visually it would seem that there were plenty of people watching the kids anyway. Also, not being able to leave pets alone was just stupid. I don't have the social worker usually, either. I did let her back in once for a story, but my kids disappearing into oblivion wasn't fun for me (not when I could plan to have them kidnapped by gypsies but still know where they were!). Now I have a custom social services/foster parent career that I'm tweaking for a story, so the SW is gone again.
Mad Poster
#14162 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 12:49 PM
The SW mod was one I resisted for a long time. But when I finally gave in and installed it, I wondered how on Earth I ever lived without the thing.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#14163 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 2:09 PM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 28th Jun 2018 at 3:51 PM.
Can objects like the junk car be modded so they're buyable on business lots? I'm looking at the raw data in SimPE, but there's a few things it could fall under.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Theorist
#14164 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Also @DJ. seeing you there, I download Felicity Island today, but accidentally used the vacation one first-it still showed up as a main hood. I quickly realized it wasn't a main hood and switched them out, but I thought that was interesting, that it showed up with the main hoods.
I'm more off than on, sorry! Yes, a subhood will show up in the main menu if you put it in Documents\TS2\Neighborhoods. However, it will still function as that designated subhood type - you'll only be able to move young adults to colleges (and they'll be unplayable once they grow up), downtownies will show up in downtowns, and you won't be able to play a household in a vacation destination.
Mad Poster
#14165 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yes, it does though sometimes it makes the toes a little weird because the mapping changes. It's long been a mod I can't live without AAMOF - IMO the feet look so much better. There is also an issue sometimes with any clothes skins you have that use the 'naked' foot mesh. This either means getting rid of that stuff or going through, as I did, and patiently replacing any feet-using meshes making replacement meshes for those skins affected. I think I still have one or two. It seems to affect the sports wear category the most. Undies and swimming are fine because they're usually bare feet anyway.

============
Can you point me to a foot mod (aren't there more than ONE?). And confused about clothes with a "naked foot mesh", vs naked feet that come with swimming & undies...and what happens to the CC foot color (or mesh -?).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14166 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
============
Can you point me to a foot mod (aren't there more than ONE?). And confused about clothes with a "naked foot mesh", vs naked feet that come with swimming & undies...and what happens to the CC foot color (or mesh -?).

No idea about other foot mods sorry. I use sexy feet and I like it.

Naked foot mesh - some EAxis clothes/skins use the basic body meshes. For example, most close-fitting t-shirts use the body top naked mesh - i.e. the body mesh the sim uses when they have no clothes on at all. The reason for this is because it saves space to use the same mesh and because there is no need to have a separate mesh for something that hugs the bodyshape anyway (well, unless you use certain other default body meshes - but I digress). In use, the clothing just layers on top of the body - actually, it replaces it (your sim doesn't have a body under there - only when they take their clothes off). Hence the fault you see sometimes when there's a problem with a skin and the sim becomes invisible. Similarly, there are quite a few skins which use the other naked body parts. With shoes, if the shoe on a skin doesn't need any shoe-y details like say a heel or sole, some EAxis (and some custom too) meshes just use the foot mesh from the naked body. Examples might be pumps on dresses or simple sports shoes. The original EAxis foot is just a block foot so works well for these types of shoes. As sexy feet default replaces the naked foot mesh, any clothing mesh that uses the same mesh (identified by its internal code) will also be defaulted. Hence you will get pumps or sports shoes with toes. I'll try and get a picture for you.

If you want to prevent that happening, what I did anyway, was find or make some meshes with the block foot in place separate from the original version (i.e. with different internal codes) and remade the skins to fit that mesh instead of the original one. It was a bit of a faff actually but there were some skins I didn't want to give up so I did it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#14167 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:53 AM
Bloom made a whole set of block foot meshes to fix ruined outfits.
Alchemist
#14168 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 3:42 PM
I changedLotZoning to community and it changed and it works and all that, says it's community and sims can go there, but the mailbox and trashcan never changed. It's still the residential one. I'm glad, I didn't want those to change (I never use the phone), but why would this happen? Is it repeatable?
Undead Molten Llama
#14169 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:16 PM
That's how it always works when changing between community and residential zoning. For residential-to-commercial, the game won't add the community-lot phone/trash can. If you want those, they're buyable out of the catalog. Note that if you don't put a community lot phone there, either the Maxis one or a custom one, Sims will always have to walk or take their own vehicle to the lot. They'll never be able to call a taxi to go home...although maybe they can if they have a cell phone. I don't remember since I only very rarely give my Sims cell phones. (I HATE the things IRL, so I don't want 'em in my game.)

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14170 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Bloom made a whole set of block foot meshes to fix ruined outfits.

Heh - duplicate work then but that's useful to know since I'm not uploading any of my meshes. I'm no skinner. Or skin mesher, come to that.

Alchemist
#14171 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
That's how it always works when changing between community and residential zoning. For residential-to-commercial, the game won't add the community-lot phone/trash can. If you want those, they're buyable out of the catalog. Note that if you don't put a community lot phone there, either the Maxis one or a custom one, Sims will always have to walk or take their own vehicle to the lot. They'll never be able to call a taxi to go home...although maybe they can if they have a cell phone. I don't remember since I only very rarely give my Sims cell phones. (I HATE the things IRL, so I don't want 'em in my game.)

Oh! I guess I thought it was like going to apartment zoning and would work automatically. All my sims walk everywhere, so I can totally do without that giant phone.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14172 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 11:28 PM
I changedLotZoning to community and it changed and it works and all that, says it's community and sims can go there, but the mailbox and trashcan never changed. It's still the residential one. I'm glad, I didn't want those to change (I never use the phone), but why would this happen? Is it repeatable?

After changing the zoning you need to delete the mail bin and letterbox and replace it with the comm bin and phone. Well you can leave it but you might find bills getting delivered if you ever have a sim own the lot. I did experience that a couple of times some years back. These days I always delete and replace.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#14173 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
After changing the zoning you need to delete the mail bin and letterbox and replace it with the comm bin and phone. Well you can leave it but you might find bills getting delivered if you ever have a sim own the lot. I did experience that a couple of times some years back. These days I always delete and replace.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. For now, I'm just experimenting with deleting and not replacing. This lot is more for show in the neighborhood than active use, anyway, but we'll see what happens.
Scholar
#14174 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:22 PM
Um, I don't know but I must be doing something wrong. I did download some dinnerplates and other related items (from here: http://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/kativip...ntments/5-1-0-7 ) and they show up in game but how do I place them correct on the table? I did try whit move_objects but the plates still have to be placed right in the center of the table. I wanted to use the items for making pictures of my restaurants.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14175 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:36 PM
I think keep placing them down and perhaps try using the M key and you might find the plates fill up each slot, then once the table is full grab the ones you don't want. This is only a guess, but it is how it works on OFB shelves. or if that doesn't work you will need to use an OMPS.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 567 of 1339