4 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#6126 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 3:45 AM
Vampires in their bat forms can still use the Very Mysterious Shelving while performing the "fly here" interaction. You can even see the book move forward and then back to its place as the secret door opens and closes...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#6127 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:44 AM
Default Game let me make 250 lots with 250 families on one suburb
Turns out it's technically possible to place 250 lots without any crash.
And it's possible to populate 250 families into one lot (each plumbob is a representation of one sim). Though the game crashed 3 times, after about 100 sims being populated, so the crash is caused by lack of memory, but after after that everything is fine.
I also tried placing more houses to see game's limit of my PC, so the game crashed after I put 378 premade house.
Test Subject
#6128 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:55 AM
Default Way to get your FPS back on a huge lot.
Largest shopping community lot - massive frame drop.

workaround - zoom in the camera to see one store section and you'll get more framerates.
I suppose it works good when there is big separation between store sections, like that wide hall - it gives enough space for the transition.
Or maybe a zoom in is the only thing it needs for minor FPS boost. I need to make more test runs on various building shapes.

I also see that no matter if my lot is tiny or huge, the lag will be following me, because my lot is being visited by playable sims, so they will surely have more triggers that will run, compared to townies.
Another thing I understood, that my huge store works better at tiny bit, because all playable sims are busy playing cards, running on treadmill and ETC, so their social triggers do not run that wild, compared when there was no activity and they were talking non-stop causing more lag spikes. If you have any suggestions on how to make playable type sim visitors less laggy, please let me know.
Forum Resident
#6129 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 3:02 PM
That even after 10 years I still can’t understand how people can love university and/or open for business...

Gameplay wise I discovered that my game now can load 4x4 lots so yay I am up in an even bigger lot now Without it wanting to terminate.

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#6130 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 8:10 PM
If the Sims do not have enough room to talk, they will sit on the sofa and will communicate instead of sitting on the floor.
Mad Poster
#6131 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
That even after 10 years I still can’t understand how people can love university and/or open for business...

Fortunately, you don't have to.

If you want less lag, make smaller lots that your game can handle more easily. What's the point of a community lot if the sims aren't interacting?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6132 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
Vampires in their bat forms can still use the Very Mysterious Shelving while performing the "fly here" interaction. You can even see the book move forward and then back to its place as the secret door opens and closes...

Bat form vampires can also do hobby animations when flying. A bit funny when they pull out a book that's bigger than they are.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#6133 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Bat form vampires can also do hobby animations when flying. A bit funny when they pull out a book that's bigger than they are.

You are sh*tt*ng me. I have those modded out, but just imagining that...
Alchemist
#6134 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 7:56 PM
about bat with a book; I recall someone posting a picture like that.
not sure which thread or which member or when.
Top Secret Researcher
#6135 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 8:56 PM
If you have a sim call to adopt a child, then later use the sethour cheat to set the time past the next day at 10AM, the social worker delivers the child immediately. Little Tobin London arrived at 11PM because I wanted his parents' household on the same day as everyone else's.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Alchemist
#6136 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
If you have a sim call to adopt a child, then later use the sethour cheat to set the time past the next day at 10AM, the social worker delivers the child immediately. Little Tobin London arrived at 11PM because I wanted his parents' household on the same day as everyone else's.
I recall at least one mod for same-day adoption; I think BO's. quicker than having to mess with time.
Mad Poster
#6137 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 10:07 PM
Merging package files really does cut down on the loading time. It's cut down to half of what it was before.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#6138 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:20 AM
That I am a silly bugger sometimes. I forgot to put the aliens in the folder when I was trying to test my MultiPT mod. Predictably, I couldn't get anyone alien pregnant and spent several frustrated days messing with the tombstone of L & D, forcing (sterile) abductions, and being annoyed with the world in general until I realised that all the other PT mods actually... came... with... the aliens... <deepest of deep sighs>. I 'discovered' that you need them in order to pollinate... anyone. Several successfully spawned alien progeny and one totally redone mod later, I also 'discovered' that I did the mod right to begin with and just wasted several hours remaking all my PTs to have default genetics 'just in case'. I can't even think about it anymore. <feels a right fool>.
Top Secret Researcher
#6139 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
I recall at least one mod for same-day adoption; I think BO's. quicker than having to mess with time.

Oh, I don't mind the wait, I just found it interesting that it happened. As I said, I was messing with the time in order to sync the day of the week of the household with the rest of the 'hood. I can only imagine what the SW was thinking--"Okay, eight more hours til I deliver them their ki--Wait what I missed my mark?!?! Gotta get there now!"

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6140 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 1:25 AM
The Unsavory Charlatan can cheer on fights.

Field Researcher
#6141 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
That I am a silly bugger sometimes. <Multi-PT derpage snipped> I can't even think about it anymore. <feels a right fool>.
*pats on back* Don't feel too bad. We all have moments like that. I recall having plenty of cases where I said, "Why isn't (mod XYZ) working? " (a quick look in Downloads later) "Oh, I didn't actually put it in. Derp. "

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#6142 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 10:47 AM
That kids and adults can exchange 'social' greetings. A kid in Tinsel Town 'kiss-kissed' a neighbor. I'm sure that she's a social climber..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#6143 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
That kids and adults can exchange 'social' greetings. A kid in Tinsel Town 'kiss-kissed' a neighbor. I'm sure that she's a social climber..

Wow I didn't know that !
Forum Resident
#6144 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 5:36 PM
that my sloppy sims are the only making the bed after themselves and high neat sims is too busy to take clothes on to make their bed

Whut O.o’
I think my game made a mistake here

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6145 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 7:45 PM
Relatives can be much more tolerant of new musicians than other sims. When Angela Pleasant, who has zero Creativity points, started banging away at the piano in the lobby of her hotel, all the tourists complained loudly about the horrible noise and rapidly found excuses to be somewhere else. Angela's father sat in a nearby sofa smiling and nodding in approval.
Alchemist
#6146 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Relatives can be much more tolerant of new musicians than other sims. When Angela Pleasant, who has zero Creativity points, started banging away at the piano in the lobby of her hotel, all the tourists complained loudly about the horrible noise and rapidly found excuses to be somewhere else. Angela's father sat in a nearby sofa smiling and nodding in approval.
I think it is relationship level rather than relative type.
Mad Poster
#6147 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
I think it is relationship level rather than relative type.

In my experience, I had a Sim's best friend boo while he was banging away on the piano. He then gave him a $100 tip. Go figures.

Mad Poster
#6148 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 10:18 PM
Parents (for the most part) are very indulgent towards their offspring making a racket on the piano. Likewise loving spouses. When the dogs run and hide, and the cats howl at the top of their lungs, wives are always supportive of an out-of-tune piano, and moms are always cheering it on.

Not so much dads..they still have their hearing and sanity.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6149 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 10:30 PM
I wonder if personality also affects how they react to bad music.

Lab Assistant
#6150 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:04 AM
I discovered that when one sim throws the water balloon to another sim, she/he gives you a wink real quick. (just like "don't tell her") I was so surprise when Don Lothario did this to me. Also I had to admit he looked so handsome doing that wink. You silly Don. LOL.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Page 246 of 445