Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 11th Oct 2017 at 2:17 PM.
Default SweetFX causes game to crash?
I downloaded SweetFX by brntwaffles on tumblr a few months back. My game ran 100% fine, but I didn't see a visual difference. The colors were dull like usual and it didn't do squat, despite all of the needed files being in the main game Bin folder.
So, I decided to download and install the mod again, putting all the files in the Bin folder as instructed to.
I don't know what happened, but I got an error message for a missing dll.
I decided to install the latest version of Direct X. Now the game will crash on startup.
I have Windows 10, no viruses, and no other visual mods.
Please help so I can play again with brighter colors
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 6:05 PM
waste of time using this makes the game actually look worse. you can't make a game with bad gfx from the start look better

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 6:19 PM
I'm trying to delete the SweetFX so I can actually play. Says the folder is in use and other than Origin, nothing sims-related is open.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 7:18 PM
Okay, you need to remove the SweetFX files, then repair the game, so any missing files are restored. Then the game should run fine.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:34 PM
The files won't delete.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:57 PM
Have you closed Origin and tried to delete them? If not, try it. If you have done that, try closing everything that's open and restarting your computer. Then try deleting the files again.
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartkinz17
The files won't delete.

The folder is most likely set to read-only. Right-click on the Bin folder and choose Properties and untick the read-only box. You can tick it back on after you've repaired the game.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 2:17 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 3:17 PM
I got it fixed thx
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 8:05 PM
Idk if anyone will ever reply to this- but I have a similar issue. I get into the game and selected current household to play, but then it sent me back to the world selector with a message. It read: "The game failed to load. Error Code: 123:9d5d0e8f:b1d302d. It is recommended you relaunch the game.". I have repaired my sims game about nine times, taken out every single mod, and tried watching youtube videos, but the same shit keeps happening. I am on the verge of just chucking my monitor out of the window. Someone... I beg of any smart person... please help me fix m game.
Scholar
#11 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnataWaBoo
Idk if anyone will ever reply to this- but I have a similar issue. I get into the game and selected current household to play, but then it sent me back to the world selector with a message. It read: "The game failed to load. Error Code: 123:9d5d0e8f:b1d302d. It is recommended you relaunch the game.". I have repaired my sims game about nine times, taken out every single mod, and tried watching youtube videos, but the same shit keeps happening. I am on the verge of just chucking my monitor out of the window. Someone... I beg of any smart person... please help me fix m game.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=613506
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 2:55 PM Last edited by chiakyn : 9th Jan 2019 at 10:48 AM.
I use reshade instead of sweetfx as it is much easier and you're able to manage it while in-game (with adding/removing new effects and stuff) I personally think reshade is better (and dw it includes effects from sweetfx in it too aswell as it being install file so you don't need to manually do everything)

all you have to do is basiclly run the reshade program once installed then select the game exe file from game folder and reshade will do the rest. (you'll also be asked if you want to download the shaders/effects and textures and then press yes on it and then a window will pop up where you can check in which ones you want to install and hit ok and then once it's done the "original reshade window" will say something like changing it's options or whatever it says anyhow whatever it says there if you click it you can change or see where the shaders, textures, etc. (+ ofc screenshot folder) is located. (and yes they will add their own screenshot usage with bmp format which is raw/uncompressed -> resulting in better image quality than normal screenshots)

If you're interested in using reshade & have it installed. Then just use Shift+F2 while in-game to see the reshade window where you add presents, effects, etc. and also see it taking effect while you do it in-game. (aswell as settings where you can add in a hotkey for active/inactive reshade whenever you want and other things like screenshots, etc.)

You can get reshade here.
Also here's what the "Reshade window" will look like in-game (in windowed fullscreen mode) (and I don't even have all the effects downloaded, I only got the effects I choose to download during install so it obviously it dosn't show all the effects you can have)

As for the sweetfx folder problem thing. Best is to either just remove the sweet fx files from the folder itself then repair the game from origin or just completly uninstall the game, remove the folders and reinstall again. And don't worry even if you repair/uninstall/reinstall again you'll still keep your documents ea folder where your saves, mods, screenshots, etc. is so dw!