3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#14176 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think keep placing them down and perhaps try using the M key and you might find the plates fill up each slot, then once the table is full grab the ones you don't want. This is only a guess, but it is how it works on OFB shelves. or if that doesn't work you will need to use an OMPS.

I can try that. Sorry for asking but what's an OMPS?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14177 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:59 AM
OMSP means One More Slot Position. It's a moveable slot/shelf that you place deco on, place then make invisible. If you see the picture of the plates you will see a cat up on the table-sim cats can't jump on tables, but they can be placed on an OMSP and moved there with the hand tool. it's possible all the settings were likewise placed there on OMSP's. http://modthesims.info/d/325570

Sorry I tend to switch it around to OMPS

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14178 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 1:13 AM
That's certainly OMSPs.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#14179 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 2:30 AM
I used an OMSP to do this

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14180 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 2:33 AM
Little cutems

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#14181 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:21 AM
Can an elder woman plantsim spawn a plantbaby?
Alchemist
#14182 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 4:44 AM
Today I discovered ceilings! I know, right?! I don't know why all these years I thought I didn't need them. They are awesome! Anyway I figured out how to paint a first story ceiling and I can also paint a second story ceiling and then lower it down to be a 2-click dummy level to raise the roof slightly, but... is there a way to paint the dummy level ceiling if I already lowered it, but didn't paint it before lowering it?
Scholar
#14183 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 7:14 AM
Did anyone ever mod the wholesale perk in businesses to apply to things like fridge stock?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Scholar
#14184 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
OMSP means One More Slot Position. It's a moveable slot/shelf that you place deco on, place then make invisible. If you see the picture of the plates you will see a cat up on the table-sim cats can't jump on tables, but they can be placed on an OMSP and moved there with the hand tool. it's possible all the settings were likewise placed there on OMSP's. http://modthesims.info/d/325570

Sorry I tend to switch it around to OMPS

So, it's some sort of a mod? Ok, I did take a look. I think I better have to look deeper into it before using but thank you.
Alchemist
#14185 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
So, it's some sort of a mod? Ok, I did take a look. I think I better have to look deeper into it before using but thank you.

It's not a mod. They are objects that allow you to place game objects on top of them. There are just different ones to hold different types of objects or to hold them in different ways. They act, basically, like flexible tables, picture hooks, shelves, things you use to put things places.
Inventor
#14186 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 10:27 PM
If you delete the Tombstone of L & D after using it does that cause corruption since it's technically a gravestone? I never did find out how to get rid of it so I always deleted it through the Inventory.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Instructor
#14187 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:20 PM
@Primavera I believe not. The problem with gravestones is that they're technically Sims and deleting them deletes the Sim, which causes all the problems we know. As far as I know, the Tombstone of Life and Death is just an object in the shape of a tombstone.
Inventor
#14188 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
@Primavera I believe not. The problem with gravestones is that they're technically Sims and deleting them deletes the Sim, which causes all the problems we know. As far as I know, the Tombstone of Life and Death is just an object in the shape of a tombstone.

I know about the actual gravestones, I move them to a cemetery as soon as I can. I try not to overuse the Tombstone of L & D (I only used it to get rid of sims I don't like) but I was curious about this. Thanks for clarifying though .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#14189 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:26 AM
If there are two fridges on a residential lot, can the Sims who live there buy (and use) enough food to fill them both?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#14190 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Today I discovered ceilings! I know, right?! I don't know why all these years I thought I didn't need them. They are awesome! Anyway I figured out how to paint a first story ceiling and I can also paint a second story ceiling and then lower it down to be a 2-click dummy level to raise the roof slightly, but... is there a way to paint the dummy level ceiling if I already lowered it, but didn't paint it before lowering it?

There should be a button somewhere on the left where's hammer and eyedropper is located, that tilt the camera a certain degree.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#14191 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:48 AM
Why did EA not make the option to build a diagonal Mansard Roof? Not the pre-made ones or pieces, but with the build roof tool.
Instructor
#14192 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader

Yep, I have done it several times. They are a bit harder to paint (not much, but still harder than at regular height), though, so it is best to paint before lowering.
Forum Resident
#14193 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:59 AM
This is a terribly stupid question, but I realised that the game sees 'stages' as a separate room, which makes it nearly impossible to get my sims to listen to music or dance to the DJ when the musicians / DJ Booth are positioned on the stage. It's seriously irritating. I feel like there must be a fix for this but alas.
Mad Poster
#14194 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 1:06 AM
It is annoying, yes! You can fudge it some by hiding speakers or a stereo in a place where it will look like they're dancing to the musicians; and you can leave plenty of room on the stage for people to come up, tip, and dance; but as for proper concerts, yeah, they're hard.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14195 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 1:09 AM
I wonder if the stage was made from 4 click high wall if the game would see it as another room? I am guessing yes as it might not take the height into consideration. Stages also break apartments. Definitely on hacks we want to see is some kind of usable stage where the game sees it as the same room.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14196 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 1:12 AM
You may also want to try Cyjon's Smarter Chair Selection. I've noticed they'll start sitting around on the lower levels when listening to performances after I installed it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#14197 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It is annoying, yes! You can fudge it some by hiding speakers or a stereo in a place where it will look like they're dancing to the musicians; and you can leave plenty of room on the stage for people to come up, tip, and dance; but as for proper concerts, yeah, they're hard.

I wonder if Sophie-David's Opportunity speakers could be used somehow, and maybe the flamingo of dance, too.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=566736
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=597907
Mad Poster
#14198 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:11 AM
Question: Is it possible for a Sim to die from an alien abduction, if their motives were low to begin with?

Alchemist
#14199 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Yep, I have done it several times. They are a bit harder to paint (not much, but still harder than at regular height), though, so it is best to paint before lowering.

I just, accidentally, figured out the easy way. I was doing a lot of frustrated clicking and trying to go up and down and ending up on the roof and cursing and... then, I figured out to do this:
Go outside the building. Use cutaway view, but go up to the dummy level so that all you can see is the dummy ceiling. Use Shift-click as usual. Here's a pic to make it clearer. Works for second stories, etc., very easily.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14200 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
You may also want to try Cyjon's Smarter Chair Selection. I've noticed they'll start sitting around on the lower levels when listening to performances after I installed it.

Cool, a mod I have never heard of but now desperately need.

~Call me Jo~
Page 568 of 1345