Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2016 at 6:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Open for Business Glitch?
I just opened a home business venue in Open for Business. I didn't seem to have any problems for a few days. Customers would come by and I would interact with them using the "basic sell" option. I had a few successful sales this way. I have opened a few other venue lots this way and never seemed to have a problem like this. All of a sudden, people would stop by, consider buying something, and then leave. This would happen within a few seconds. By the time my sales sim approaches the customer, they are out the door. I have searched online in the forums for similar issues, but no one seems to have brought this problem up. I think it is assumed this is a low customer loyalty problem. I suppose that may be, but it happens with EVERY sim that walks in the business. Most of the sims have no loyalty, either positive or negative with the business since it is relatively new. I have tried restarting the game, and even shutting down the business. Neither of these have worked.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 31st May 2016 at 6:43 AM
I have this issue on one of my business lots that is a pay-to-enter business with the bandatron. The only way I ended up kind of getting on with it, is having the sales person out front all time and click on the potential customer right as they stop in front of the bandatron. Eventually, doing this will get a handful of customers to come in. I also found it helped to lower the entry fee and gradually increase it throughout the day. However there are still a lot of sims that come by and leave and only consider for a second. You might try re-pricing the items to be super cheap just to see if it keeps the customer's interest longer.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2016 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I have this issue on one of my business lots that is a pay-to-enter business with the bandatron. The only way I ended up kind of getting on with it, is having the sales person out front all time and click on the potential customer right as they stop in front of the bandatron. Eventually, doing this will get a handful of customers to come in. I also found it helped to lower the entry fee and gradually increase it throughout the day. However there are still a lot of sims that come by and leave and only consider for a second. You might try re-pricing the items to be super cheap just to see if it keeps the customer's interest longer.

I lowered the price to "ridiculously cheap" and had the sales sim stand right near the ticket machine. The sim walked up, I clicked on them and chose "basic sell" and in the time that it took for the sales sim to register that I had given an interaction, the customer's sales bar above their head disappeared and they began to walk out.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st May 2016 at 6:56 AM
You have a glitch and I have seen it posted about before. Check that you didn't place something with move objects on, I know first hand that can cause that glitch, I had it some years ago after placing some pine tress with the cheat on at a home business. Are you fully patched? Try seeing what options show up on the bat box.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st May 2016 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You have a glitch and I have seen it posted about before. Check that you didn't place something with move objects on, I know first hand that can cause that glitch, I had it some years ago after placing some pine tress with the cheat on at a home business. Are you fully patched? Try seeing what options show up on the bat box.

On this lot, I have a very small use of "moveObjects on". Will removing that item help? It's kind of silly actually. I extended the sidewalk at the edge of the lot so that it would match the sidewalk width I had on the rest of my lot.

As to the other part of your comment, can you explain "bat box?" I am not going to pretend that I am not a noob.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st May 2016 at 7:11 AM
If that is what caused the glitch yes. It doesn't always cause this glitch, other times you can use moveobjects on and it's perfectly fine.

As a new player there are certain mods and programs you should use to keep your game running. Some help stop or fix corruption- corruption is the big issue with sims 2. Hood corruption can mean sims disappear, lots stop loading, to the entire hood disappearing.

Make sure you have at the very least:
No Corrupt death and No Unlink on delete. Two mods thats top corruption from urns and graves.
Creature Fixes if you ever want to play a vampire
No Sim Loaded which will prevent the Super Duper Hug as well as tidy up your lots of extra tokens and fix small issues with sims (with this you must use Smarter EP check)
The Bat Box or Lot debugger. Fixes all kinds of issues.

Also read up on corruption: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ding_corruption

To help clean your game you want Hood Checker
To install lots or sims use Clean Installer.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st May 2016 at 7:24 AM
If that is what caused the glitch yes. It doesn't always cause this glitch, other times you can use moveobjects on and it's perfectly fine.

As a new player there are certain mods and programs you should use to keep your game running. Some help stop or fix corruption- corruption is the big issue with sims 2. Hood corruption can mean sims disappear, lots stop loading, to the entire hood disappearing.

Make sure you have at the very least:
No Corrupt death and No Unlink on delete. Two mods thats top corruption from urns and graves.
Creature Fixes if you ever want to play a vampire
No Sim Loaded which will prevent the Super Duper Hug as well as tidy up your lots of extra tokens and fix small issues with sims (with this you must use Smarter EP check)
The Bat Box or Lot debugger. Fixes all kinds of issues.

Also read up on corruption: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ding_corruption

To help clean your game you want Hood Checker
To install lots or sims use Clean Installer.

Thank you for the tips. I will check these out. I have found that many of the programs that are useful to PC users don't transfer to those of us using the Aspyr Super Collection on Mac.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st May 2016 at 9:48 AM
I'm not sure if Hood Checker works on Mac's, certainly Clean Installer doesn't. All those mods should be fine.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:32 PM
Hi, I have also experienced this glitch for months and months I've noticed the glitch appears once I have custom priced and item or food item in any business I have with any sim. The bar appears very tiny where you can hardly see it, when I use the interaction 'basic sell' it increases slightly however when I use the interaction "basic sell" the bar goes back to a very small green. I have tried, FFS Debugger, using force error on all worlds as the glitch appears no matter what neighborhood/sim/family I use and nothing has seemed to work.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:50 PM
Back up your game, take out the Downloads folder, and see if that fixes it. If it does, all you have to do is figure out which download is at fault, which is tedious but won't take as long as you think.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 4:00 PM
If you can get a gold badge in sales Dazzle helps with that glitch most of the time. Gotta catch them fast, though!

There are several mods you can get to cheat a gold badge.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:07 PM
I have taken out my downloads folder, backed up my game ran it and created a business with sim Don Lothario to test if the glitch still appears and the glitch is still in my game :/ I have tried, nounlinkondelete as a packaged folder in the downloads folder with nocorruptdeath, also nosimloaded and hoodchecker(I haven't seen anything about the glitch) I can't seem to find a solution to fixing this glitch.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:33 PM
I'm not sure if Hood Checker works on Mac's, certainly Clean Installer doesn't. All those mods should be fine.

HoodChecker can be made to work on a Mac, but it's a very fiddly process that requires you to install Mono and a very specific version of XQuartz to help it run, and even then it defaults to where it expects the Windows version of the game to keep its Neighbourhoods and doesn't give you a Mac-friendly way of getting to the correct location. It took me about a day, and several uninstalls and reinstalls to get it right. I plan to write up some instructions on how to get it working on a current macOS version at some point, as the ones plasticbox did when Mootilda was first releasing all those tools are a bit out of date now.

All of the listed mods work fine on a Mac. I'm running all of them. Just make sure to get the version for Bon Voyage, if there are different versions for different EPs.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:40 PM
Moved to help.

@xsupreme is this hood wide, anysim or just Don?

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xsupreme
I have taken out my downloads folder, backed up my game ran it and created a business with sim Don Lothario to test if the glitch still appears and the glitch is still in my game :/ I have tried, nounlinkondelete as a packaged folder in the downloads folder with nocorruptdeath, also nosimloaded and hoodchecker(I haven't seen anything about the glitch) I can't seem to find a solution to fixing this glitch.

Test with a new Test Neighborhood and no Downloads folder and a new Sim in a new Lot, if it is still happening then. I would try deleting the Sims 2 game and downloading another copy from the Mac App Store.

I love running businesses and there are a number of Mods that I use that can help, later after your issue is fixed I can recommend a number of them if you are interested. They all run wonderfully on my iMac once I implemented the change to the max open files limit that Macs have.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:22 AM
Moved to help.

@xsupreme is this hood wide, anysim or just Don?

This glitch still appears with any sim, I've used the Caliente family to test if it appears and previously I have seen the glitch appear with sims I have created who either have a home business or business created on a different lot.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Test with a new Test Neighborhood and no Downloads folder and a new Sim in a new Lot, if it is still happening then. I would try deleting the Sims 2 game and downloading another copy from the Mac App Store.

I love running businesses and there are a number of Mods that I use that can help, later after your issue is fixed I can recommend a number of them if you are interested. They all run wonderfully on my iMac once I implemented the change to the max open files limit that Macs have.

This glitch has been apart of my game for months and months so I know that if I create a new family in a different neighborhood it will still appear
Also, I am using the sims 2 on windows but what mods are there that you know that could possibly help this glitch? Would it still apply/work for windows?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:19 PM
If it's hood wide it could be a mod conflict. Run the hack conflict utility first and see if there is anything in there shows as being a possibility.
Play your game and put on Boolprop, do you get an error report?

Next would be a backup and pull your download folder. (leave in no sim loaded, smarter EP check and any NPC mods) You need to first establish if the issue is caused by cc and if it is you might need to do a 50?50 search if it's not easily found.

What mods you can use depends on your EP set up, not if you are on Mac or PC. Could you have possibly downloaded an Apartment Life mod? You would get a bad gosub tree error.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:15 PM Last edited by xsupreme : 5th Feb 2018 at 8:45 PM.
If it's hood wide it could be a mod conflict. Run the hack conflict utility first and see if there is anything in there shows as being a possibility.
Play your game and put on Boolprop, do you get an error report?

Next would be a backup and pull your download folder. (leave in no sim loaded, smarter EP check and any NPC mods) You need to first establish if the issue is caused by cc and if it is you might need to do a 50?50 search if it's not easily found.

What mods you can use depends on your EP set up, not if you are on Mac or PC. Could you have possibly downloaded an Apartment Life mod? You would get a bad gosub tree error.

For the hack conflict utility does it matter what utility I download? Like is there a specific utility I have to download?

I have tested these 2 solutions and I did not get an error report when I put on boolprop, using the hack conflict utility there were no reports of any errors. However when I tested leaving no sim loaded and smarter EP check into the packaged file, (no custom content that I have downloaded because I haven't used any) there was an danger icon for the smarter EP check which says it will override the game behaviour and overrides global.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:44 PM
Here, ihatemandatoryregister have links to all Paladin's SimWardrobe's mods & program. The one you want is the last zip, HCDU.(Hack Conflicts Detector Utility)
We all use it
http://simfileshare.net/folder/15697/

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Here, ihatemandatoryregister have links to all Paladin's SimWardrobe's mods & program. The one you want is the last zip, HCDU.(Hack Conflicts Detector Utility)
We all use it
http://simfileshare.net/folder/15697/

thank you!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 12:38 AM
Let us know what that shows. Just because things show up does not mean they are an issue, somethings clash but still work together.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:45 AM
Let us know what that shows. Just because things show up does not mean they are an issue, somethings clash but still work together.

Apologies for the late reply! for CJ-SmarterEPCheck.package it says Overrides Global and Overrides Game Behaviour and has a danger icon next to it as it may cause conflicts in my game
Scholar
#24 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:59 PM
It won't conflict with any default game behaviour, It adds a behave at global 0x00000808 (2056) and the highest default global is 0x0000067B (1659) so it's well clear and safe to use.
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
It won't conflict with any default game behaviour, It adds a behave at global 0x00000808 (2056) and the highest default global is 0x0000067B (1659) so it's well clear and safe to use.

Interesting however the glitch still appears in my game
Page 1 of 2