Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 2:04 AM Last edited by jain : 13th Jul 2018 at 2:12 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Townies from a Certain Household Won't Die - Solved
I've been trying to weed out some townies. After killing a bunch of them in one household/family, I started in on another household. (Teleporting them in) The townies in the second household won't die. I summon them to a lot, make them selectable, then click on the spawned Rodney's death creator or Boiling Oil's spawned version. (Tried both just in case) Nothing happens. I thought maybe a mod conflict was causing it even though it hadn't caused a problem with the first group of townies. I removed all but the critical mods and tried again. They would not die. (Note: I tried electrocution and fire. I have townie norespawn too.)

Just to check, I summoned a surviving member of the original townie family I was killing, selected him, clicked on the tombstone and ordered him to die by electrocution. He did. The townie from the other family who was standing right there still did nothing when I went through the exact same process.

I moved my killer to another lot and tried again, thinking it might be a bad lot. Nope.

I don't see anything special about Immortal Townies. They aren't NPCs. I checked again in SimPE. Their character data looks fine. They're all ok and usable. I ran Hoodchecker and it's absolutely clear. Is my only option to move the Immortals into my household and kill them that way? I'm wondering if they'll actually die even if I try it. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 2:11 PM
I haven't been able to find out why the townies from that household won't die, but I solved the problem by moving them in. Once part of the new household, they die normally. I'm calling this problem solved.