Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 12:36 AM
Default Making Delivery Pizza/Chinese Food Unspoilable
Deliverable foods going bad after a few hours once it's on the counter has always bothered me, since I've found mods to stop cookable foods from spoiling. I'm assuming it has something to do with BHAVs, but I'm absolutely and totally confused after looking in SimPE. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 5:11 AM
For "pizza," each individual slice spoils. On a quick glance, they don't seem to spoil before the box is open.

Look here: BHAV 0x7FCCD535:102B "Main - Loop"
They spoil after hours from private constant 1000:0x02 (0xC = 12)

For "chinese takeout,":

Look here: BHAV 0x7F095B41:1001: "Function - Main"
A chinese takeout box spoils after hours from private constant 1001:0x05 (0x8)

12 and 8 hours seems reasonable. If you read cooking forums from Americans, they throw out food after a couple.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 5:21 AM Last edited by JulietElysa : 7th Jan 2024 at 5:31 AM. Reason: Update
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
For "pizza," each individual slice spoils. On a quick glance, they don't seem to spoil before the box is open.

Look here: BHAV 0x7FCCD535:102B "Main - Loop"
They spoil after hours from private constant 1000:0x02 (0xC = 12)

For "chinese takeout,":

Look here: BHAV 0x7F095B41:1001: "Function - Main"
A chinese takeout box spoils after hours from private constant 1001:0x05 (0x8)

12 and 8 hours seems reasonable. If you read cooking forums from Americans, they throw out food after a couple.

Thank you! I short circuited that section for pizza, and it's outlived the 12 hours!
Inventor
#4 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 5:39 AM
You can extract either these 2 BHAV resources or the 2 BCON resources and put them into a new mod package.

You can see in BHAV where the number of lifetime is compared to be >= (greater or equal). Here you have more freedom to define new conditions for spoilage. For example, if the pizza is in someone's hand, or contains fewer than max food points.

In BCON you simply change the number on the indicated line. In case of pizza, 0 is a valid choice.

I think a pizza would just dry and get crust over time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 5:51 AM
You can extract either these 2 BHAV resources or the 2 BCON resources and put them into a new mod package.

You can see in BHAV where the number of lifetime is compared to be >= (greater or equal). Here you have more freedom to define new conditions for spoilage. For example, if the pizza is in someone's hand, or contains fewer than max food points.

In BCON you simply change the number on the indicated line. In case of pizza, 0 is a valid choice.

I think a pizza would just dry and get crust over time.

When I extract the Chinese food BHAV it shows up right when viewing objects.package, but if I import it to another package I get this garbage about romance. Pizza's still working great though!

Inventor
#6 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 6:18 AM
Maybe it is a glitch in SimPE, which would correct if you opened it fresh. Make sure you haven't accidentally changed the group number where it would lose association with the effect names. Working with BCON would be simpler.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 8:50 PM
Maybe it is a glitch in SimPE, which would correct if you opened it fresh. Make sure you haven't accidentally changed the group number where it would lose association with the effect names. Working with BCON would be simpler.

Thank you thank you! My delivery food shall now never die!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2024 at 6:03 AM Last edited by JulietElysa : 9th Jan 2024 at 6:22 AM. Reason: Update
Update - it turns out the BCON you posted isn't for Chinese. Looking for where Chinese is actually hiding...

Updated update - BCON 0x7F63A28C:1001 (think I formatted that legibly) is called Tuning - Chinese Takeout. This is the one we want! It's been 24 hours with no spoilage!