Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 12:44 AM
Default Where can I buy...
Japanese PS2 games with english subtitles? I really want Angel's Feather but I can't find it. I also would have to use my own money, which I don't have a lot. It's hard to find what games are popular over there cuz all the sites are in Japanese. So where can I buy these games? Gamespot doesn't even show them when i do a search. Help.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 1:27 AM
hm..I used to know several sites, but you have to modify your PS2 to play it (get a mod chip). But they don't have english subtitle....
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 2:26 AM
where can I get one of those? I bet it's hard to install it right? I must have that game!
Inventor
#4 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 12:57 PM
http://www.allmodchip.com/ has PS2 modchips, and they can install it. Only problem with a modchip is that you can do illegal stuff with one (which is actually the primary use). So be alert. But you'll need to find the games on you own, and they may be illegal. So don't blame me.
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 8:47 PM
Illegal? Would they break my PS2? I don't want to get in trouble.
#6 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 9:36 PM
I have a mod chip, but I'm not telling what I use it for.
Anyway, If you install one, it can void your guarantee, but they usually can't break your PS2.
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 1:37 AM
Well, it would put english subtitles on Japanese games right? I mean that's what I want it for. I don't want to do anything bad or break my PS2. Which one should I get for that? What else can mod chips do?
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 9:39 AM
It wont put English subtitles on the game. It doesn't change the game data in anyway except for the output video to be in the US NTSC format instead of the Japanese NTSC-J.

I'm in a PAL country and had the same issue. Instead of going the modification route I bought Swap Magic which is a swap disc that allows you to play 99.99% of import titles. Thanks to this little thing I've been playing Katamari Damacy, We Love Katamari, Shadow of the Colossus and Guitar Hero none of which have been released in Australia yet (Except WLK which came out a couple of days ago).

Just do a google search for Swap Magic... it is only recommended if you have the first edition slim line PS2s, other PS2s need some slightly more strenuous physical modifications that can damage your system. With the 1st edition slim lines you just have to drop three little plastic things in three holes... they are not true modifications since if you remove them from the holes the system is exactly the same as it was previously.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 2:20 AM
Thank you! Hooray! I might get to play this game after all!

I did a search for it and is this the one I want? I have the slim line ps2.http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/...?productid=2090
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 8:47 AM
Ok, I know it's wierd to come back to an old thread but why start a new one about the same topic, right? I'm thinking about buying this game that I REALLY want. The only problem is that the game description says that it will only work with Japan and Asian ps2s. Will the swap magic fix this problem or am I going to have to forget about getting this game? Thanks in advance for the help.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 1:14 PM
Swap Magic will allow you to play this game in 99.9% of cases (Swap Magic is not compatible with 100% of software but the odds are in your favour that it will work).

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 6:38 PM
Yea! Thank you so much!