Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 8:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Sims can't take final exams!
This is a problem for all my sims, on all the lots at the univeristy. I would appreciate any advice at all.

The message pops up normally telling me when it is time for the exam. My sims can go to class just fine. They can go to their exam. However, an hour or two later they return from the exam and instead of getting a grade, thier meter says exam in progress. Even if I redirect the sim back to class multiple times, each time they return without credit for the test. None of my sims have been able to take any exams, at all. After returning home, a message will eventually pop up saying such-and-such sim has missed thier exam, better not make this a habit. My sims either fail the semester or barely slip by with a C.

The only hacks I had were no-party fix, wedding-party fix, and no-graves fix. I had already removed these from my downloads folder before installing the EP. I have no other hacks, and about 700 downloads on my folder. I've been all over the sims2 site, where about 4 other simmers are having this same exact problem. One of these simmers has no downloads, so I suspect the solution to this problem is something other that deleting all downloads.

Any advice anyone? Anyone else experiencing this?
I figure this is the place to come because this is where I've found solutions to all my other game bugs.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:17 PM
Yep. Same thing happens to me and don't have any hacks in at the moment.

I've found that if you send the Sim back to take the final exam until the option stops appearing, but that doesn't always work. I sent one Sim back to retake the same final exam four times and she still went from the Dean's list to academic probation.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 11:16 PM
I haven't gotten that far yet, but I did get one sim stuck on a community lot and she couldn't use the phone. It was about 3am when she finally left on her own, but the game froze at that point only alowing me to exit back to neighborhood or quit the game. I have about 8 different hacks, and plenty of downloads.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:40 AM Last edited by trancejeremy : 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:55 AM. Reason: Give comp specs...
Yup. I have the problem too. I did have hacks, but took all of them out.

Very annoying.

Anyway, I turned on the testing cheats to get an error log to see if there was a error, and yeah, it says

"Error: Too many iterations."

Annoying. I tried sending them back right away, but they just come back in an hour.

Anyway, I have a AMD XP 3400, 512 megs of ram, FX5200 video card, and Windows 98SE
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 2:20 AM Last edited by Brinas Creations : 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:18 AM.
At least I know it's not just me. There are more and more posts about this on the sims2 site. So far nobody has a solution. From all I've read it seems like a bug with the game, not the fault of our downloads or computers.

Anybody know what "Too many iterations means"?

Other clues for the brainiacs and computer literate people out there...
When I tried messing with boolprop testing to fix this, in addition to the iterations thing it also said ....Logs/ObjectsError_N006_t135064.txt What does this mean?

And, apparently sims are supposed to get class credit each day for going to class. For me, when my sims go to class every day the meter never increases. It makes no difference. Seems as if my sims are never actually going to class, just leaving the lot.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 8:18 AM
The too many iterations is just the type of error. This however, would be helpful if you can post it here: ...Logs/ObjectsError_N006_t135064.txt. That an error log that was created by the game.

To find it, go to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs and look for a file named ObjectError_N006_t135064.txt. If you find it, post it and I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 8:57 AM Last edited by Brinas Creations : 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:10 AM.
Found it. It is a very long file, way too long to post here. Can I email it to you?

Edit-Tried to pm it to you, but it has 154967 characters, so it won't work.

I'm off to bed but I will check this thread first thing in the morning.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:25 AM
zip the file and attach it to your next post
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 12:53 PM
I have had a similar sort of problem. I sent 4 sims to college at the same time. They all got to their classes with no problems. Exam time comes, 3 sims have exams at 9am and one at 8 am. Sent the one to her exam at 8 am. Exam in progress. Send sims to 9am exam. Sim returns from 8 am exam, has 4.0 makes Deans List, whoopee. Other three sims return from exam, get 4.0 make Deans list, whoopee. Then I get a message saying that my sim who took her exam at 8am has missed her exam and now has a 3.3 GPA. I look at her progress, and she is in her first semester as a Sophomore! All my other sims are in second semester of Freshman year. Really weird. I am annoyed that she only has a 3.3 now and will now graduate before her boyfriend.

The only hacks I had in the game at the time were the energizer painting and the hacked dresser. Its not a big deal, but I thought I would throw it out there to see if someone else get the same little glitch.

I am Queen!
My pantyhose say so.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brinas Creations
Found it. It is a very long file, way too long to post here. Can I email it to you?

Edit-Tried to pm it to you, but it has 154967 characters, so it won't work.

I'm off to bed but I will check this thread first thing in the morning.

Like Delphy said, don't post the contents of the file, just attach the actual file to a post (hit 'manage attachments' in the additional options when adding a post). The actual file size of the text file is pretty small, so you really don't even need to zip it (unless you know how).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:01 PM Last edited by Brinas Creations : 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:03 PM. Reason: fixing attachment
Okay, here it is ...

Thanks so much for helping!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N006_t135064.zip (17.3 KB, 85 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:31 PM
Got the file. Thanks. Now let me see if I can figure out what the deal is here.

Jeff
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:45 PM
Thanks for the error log.
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 7:52 PM
Also having this problem for the record! My sim goes to class every day as she's suppose to - but never gets credit when she returns. WhShe also goes to her exam every time - an hour before when it prompts her to leave (which she does autonomously) and yet when she returns 2 hours later it says she has failed? I've sent her several times after one exam and still nothing.

*** This is not due to a hack or object *** my download folder has been cleared from all hacks it once had - ALL folders that were even a bit suspicious. I am not the only one having this problem and others who are have always had a completely clean game - no downloads.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 8:18 PM
I've had the same exam problem as well, although, when I send my sims back, sometimes mulitiple times, it skips them ahead a semester. A freshmen sim recently wound up a junior because she came back from her first exam three times.

I've never had any hacks or even recoloured objects in my game...I think this a problem with EA- not the users.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 8:49 PM
Okay, I've figured out what the problem is, I'm just not sure yet why the error is occuring. It should be fairly easy to at least temp fix the problem while a more permanent fix is worked on.

This definately looks like a bug, glad to see Maxis is on it as well.

I've got to take off for a while, hopefully I'll be able to get a temp fix posted sometime tonight (I'm in Washington state, btw).

Jeff
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:51 PM
Thanks Jeff! I am sooo looking forward to it! The game - University side of things - is useless without being able to pass the exam or go to school and get credit (mind you I could always do extra work to make up for that) but yeah the exam thing I am desperate for!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 8:31 AM
I've got an alpha version of the fix that hopefully takes care of the problem here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=48978

Please try this out and report your findings in that thread.

Jeff
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 8:54 AM Last edited by phantom_xyzzy : 4th Mar 2005 at 8:56 AM.
Default My Exams are fine, homework is the problem!
I haven't noticed an exam bug, my problem is homework,
I did a clean install on my #2 computer so could add in one mod at a time, I only have the maxismonkey seasonal downloads, a few outfits and the "breakfast for dinner" mod added so far, if I start a home work item, and stop it partway through, sometimes I can click on the sim to restart it and sometimes not. Then I have to click on every one of thise blasted "blue books" in the entire dorm to find the one for my sim....

oh, there was 1 exam problem, the final was at 2AM!!! But it let me take it...
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 9:00 AM
Hmmm. So large neighborhoods (ie, lots of sims) could be causing the problem? I have a very large neighborhood...

I noticed that all (though not a very large sample - 3) of the people on the official board that had the problem also had AMD processors. But large neighborhood makes more sense...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 7:37 PM
i found that my kids go to school, yet the game says they missed school, i have yet to play the one teen i sent off to uni yet, so don't know if they cant take exams, but is this like that prob. and will that fix work w/me?
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Mar 2005 at 4:45 AM
I have the same problems!!

1. Sims don't get credit for going to class.

2. Sims go to exam, and come back without advancing... no matter how many times I send them, they always end up "missing" the exam.

Thankfully I'm not alone!!

I have no hacks, no clothing/genetics. I only have walls/floors/ground cover and Maxis DL objects in my Downloads folder.

Thanks to all the brilliant modders who provide fixes! :D
#23 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 4:07 AM
Ive kinda got the same probelm as you all have! the only thing thats not the same is i cant at all get my sims to class or the exam when its time to click on them and send then it dont show anything to send them! i just get the yoga and juggle interactions! i hope some one else has this problem because i so wanna send my sims to class atleast lol! :weep:
#24 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 4:54 AM
Yes, I have the same problem with u. I can't get my sims to go to class. About an hour toward school time, I have clicked on my sim many time and no new option appear. I really don't know why this happened. please help
#25 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 5:45 AM
lets hope there is a cure for it lol! atleast as far as ive seen people have had the chance to atleast get there sims to class we both have the problem of never sending them off :weep: well if off to bed as its like 6am here lol i hope there is a cure for this in the morning:D
Page 1 of 2