Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:28 PM
Default More realistic careers (working days, wages etc.) - Revamping the default careers?
Hello guys,

In the past I just made some mods for my own (faster shower/bath/eat/drink, slower songwriting/writing/painting). I also edited the career wages and working days. At the moment I´m reworking on it. For example the Tech Guru career: Why does a pro gamer have to go to his job? So as soon as you decide to follow the pro gamer path you sign a contract. From now on you only have to go to work on Thursday. See it as a sort of team meeting. You go there at 10am and leave at 6pm. You talk to your coaches, analyse your game, talk about new sponsorhips or upcoming tournaments. But don´t forget to take your paycheck home. At the first level you earn 1000$ per Week, at the last level 3000$. Not so much considering by default you earn around 8000$/week. But to make the big money you have to win tournaments. That´s how you become rich to finally live in a huge mansion.

That´s totally fine to use in private. But how about making it more special for the public? Like adding new promotion requirements? For example winning 10 tournaments before you can sign a new contract (respectively get a promotion) or that you have to play at least 3 tournaments until the next team meeting (the daily task). Otherwise you would loose a huge amount of your job performance. Just do nothing and get 3000$ each week for free? No, that would be too easy!

Is there anyone who has some knowledge about editing stuff like the daily tasks or requirements for promotion? Is that even possible? Or does someone have other ideas of this kind for the other careers?

Cheers
Oehli27
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oehli27
Hello guys,

In the past I just made some mods for my own (faster shower/bath/eat/drink, slower songwriting/writing/painting). I also edited the career wages and working days. At the moment I´m reworking on it. For example the Tech Guru career: Why does a pro gamer have to go to his job? So as soon as you decide to follow the pro gamer path you sign a contract. From now on you only have to go to work on Thursday. See it as a sort of team meeting. You go there at 10am and leave at 6pm. You talk to your coaches, analyse your game, talk about new sponsorhips or upcoming tournaments. But don´t forget to take your paycheck home. At the first level you earn 1000$ per Week, at the last level 3000$. Not so much considering by default you earn around 8000$/week. But to make the big money you have to win tournaments. That´s how you become rich to finally live in a huge mansion.

That´s totally fine to use in private. But how about making it more special for the public? Like adding new promotion requirements? For example winning 10 tournaments before you can sign a new contract (respectively get a promotion) or that you have to play at least 3 tournaments until the next team meeting (the daily task). Otherwise you would loose a huge amount of your job performance. Just do nothing and get 3000$ each week for free? No, that would be too easy!

Is there anyone who has some knowledge about editing stuff like the daily tasks or requirements for promotion? Is that even possible? Or does someone have other ideas of this kind for the other careers?

Cheers
Oehli27

All of the career files can be extracted and modified using Sims4Studio. Once you've opened S4S, click on Tools at the top and then Extract Tuning, then type in "techguru" without the quotation marks. You'll see all the techguru career files. Once you select the files you want to modify, you can "Add to current package," which will allow you to create a new package at that time. You can do this with all careers from EP's that you have installed on your pc as long as you have the latest version of S4S, which you can get here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/s...ows-wishes-open

Remember, making changes to these files will override the game's current files, so be sure to backup your game before testing!

I, for one, will be very interested to see what you come up with Good luck with it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 11:44 PM
I´m bringing this thread back up. After the game didn´t run smoothly anymore on my old PC, I lost the interest in playing and modding it. Now almost a year later with a new PC I´m eager to play it again.
Of course I have to update this job pay mod and I´m already 1/3 through with the salary and working hours. After I´m finished with that, I would release a first version which would obviously need some testing if every career and job runs fine and no mistake sneaked in.
After that I´d like to go a little more into the detail. Making the careers more interesting. Like the example I gave in the opening post. But what I´d need for that, is someone who could explain to me, how to add new objectives for example.
So you can have the have the requirement to advance from level 7 to 8 in the eSports Gamer Career to win 3 tournaments in Hillock for example.

Another thing I already planned, is that you don´t have an income in the Oracle path of the Criminal Career (only if you reached level 10 and "own that business"). Before that you only have to go to work once per week for a couple of hours, but you have to pay your boss for example $2000. You have to work from home and earn more than $2000 so you actually earn something. The theory is simple: just "earn" -$500/hour and go to work on Fridays for 4 hours. But I never tested if negative values are possible.

Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
All of the career files can be extracted and modified using Sims4Studio. Once you've opened S4S, click on Tools at the top and then Extract Tuning, then type in "techguru" without the quotation marks. You'll see all the techguru career files. Once you select the files you want to modify, you can "Add to current package," which will allow you to create a new package at that time. You can do this with all careers from EP's that you have installed on your pc as long as you have the latest version of S4S, which you can get here: http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/s...ows-wishes-open

Remember, making changes to these files will override the game's current files, so be sure to backup your game before testing!

I, for one, will be very interested to see what you come up with Good luck with it!

Thanks but I know how to extract the files and put them into packages later. For me it´s quite easy to edit things that are already in the game. What I have problems with is creating completely new stuff. Like, for example, completely new XMLs that add a new objective.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oehli27
I´m bringing this thread back up. After the game didn´t run smoothly anymore on my old PC, I lost the interest in playing and modding it. Now almost a year later with a new PC I´m eager to play it again.
Of course I have to update this job pay mod and I´m already 1/3 through with the salary and working hours. After I´m finished with that, I would release a first version which would obviously need some testing if every career and job runs fine and no mistake sneaked in.
After that I´d like to go a little more into the detail. Making the careers more interesting. Like the example I gave in the opening post. But what I´d need for that, is someone who could explain to me, how to add new objectives for example.
So you can have the have the requirement to advance from level 7 to 8 in the eSports Gamer Career to win 3 tournaments in Hillock for example.

Another thing I already planned, is that you don´t have an income in the Oracle path of the Criminal Career (only if you reached level 10 and "own that business"). Before that you only have to go to work once per week for a couple of hours, but you have to pay your boss for example $2000. You have to work from home and earn more than $2000 so you actually earn something. The theory is simple: just "earn" -$500/hour and go to work on Fridays for 4 hours. But I never tested if negative values are possible.

Thanks but I know how to extract the files and put them into packages later. For me it´s quite easy to edit things that are already in the game. What I have problems with is creating completely new stuff. Like, for example, completely new XMLs that add a new objective.

There are tools out there that can help, like the script injector and Zerbu's mod constructor, unless you're looking to do the work completely from scratch. There are definitely people who can help, so hopefully they can give you some more insight. I've never seen a negative value in wages, either, but it would be very interesting and challenging! Good luck