Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATE] 10 new CAS Sliders (Breast, Hip, Waist, Butt, Head and more)

by jonha Posted 24th Nov 2009 at 4:56 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2012 at 10:45 PM by jonha : Update

2089 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1650 Feedback Posts, 438 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 84
Scholar
Original Poster
#401 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Is it possible to see the genes of a specific sim? I like to see if a sim of standard sim size have recessive genes from your sliders. Where are these slider values stored per sim?

Sims actually don't really have "genes". When generating a child the game just picks the body features randomly from either the mother or the father. (or sometimes from the grandparents or choosing them randomly with a small chance)

You can see (and edit) the current slider setting of the father and mother for example with the "editsim" cheat, which is introduced by awesomemod. Any other mod, that allows "edit in CAS", will work, too, of course.
Scholar
#402 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Sims actually don't really have "genes". When generating a child the game just picks the body features randomly from either the mother or the father. (or sometimes from the grandparents or choosing them randomly with a small chance)

You can see (and edit) the current slider setting of the father and mother for example with the "editsim" cheat, which is introduced by awesomemod. Any other mod, that allows "edit in CAS", will work, too, of course.

OK, so if a mother have big tits and the child have not and the child of the child have not this "gene" is ended?
Can you explain this then:
Mother: green skintone (alien), big tits, red curly hair, a korean looking face (Delphy sliders), normal hight.
Father: light skintone. hight above average (Delphy slider)
Doughter: green skintone, small tits, red curly hair, a korean looking face, hight above average.

She inherited from mother:
skintone
red curly hair
a korean looking face

She inherited from father:
hight above average
small tits

The "hight above average" and "a korean looking face" is slider values aren't they?
Do the game picks random features from random parents then or...?

I have still not seen inherited tits from your breast slider but some from Delphys but that can be a coincident .
Scholar
Original Poster
#403 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 5:37 PM
OK, so if a mother have big tits and the child have not and the child of the child have not this "gene" is ended?

Forget about the grandparents for now. I think they only affect hair color and even if this isn't true, the highest chance is "inheriting" from the parents.

So if the mother has large breasts and the father has a small breast slider setting, and the child inherits the fathers setting, thus getting small breasts, the mother's "gene" has died, and this child will give his children only it's small-breast "gene".

Quote:
Can you explain this then:
Mother: green skintone (alien), big tits, red curly hair, a korean looking face (Delphy sliders), normal hight.
Father: light skintone. hight above average (Delphy slider)
Doughter: green skintone, small tits, red curly hair, a korean looking face, hight above average.

She inherited from mother:
skintone
red curly hair
a korean looking face

She inherited from father:
hight above average

The "hight above average" and "a korean looking face" is slider values aren't they?
Do the game picks random features from random parents then or...?

I have still not seen inherited tits from your breast sliders but some from Delphys but that can be a coincident .

The daughter probably inherited the breast size from the father, who probably has a (invisible) "small breast" slider setting.

All sliders work exactly the same, there is no setting that some are inheritable and some not.

Where do you found the korean face slider?
Scholar
#404 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 6:11 PM
Forget about the grandparents for now. I think they only affect hair color and even if this isn't true, the highest chance is "inheriting" from the parents.

So if the mother has large breasts and the father has a small breast slider setting, and the child inherits the fathers setting, thus getting small breasts, the mother's "gene" has died, and this child will give his children only it's small-breast "gene".

The daughter probably inherited the breast size from the father, who probably has a (invisible) "small breast" slider setting.

All sliders work exactly the same, there is no setting that some are inheritable and some not.

Where do you found the korean face slider?

It's obvius that she inherited both breast size and heght from her father but what I found confusing was that she could inherit the face from here mother as you said "features from EITHER father or mother".
It's not possible to have breast size from the mother and height from the father or....?

If I download a sim with a korean looking face that was created with the extended face sliders will it contain any slider values at all or is the face just morphed to the child? That should explain things
Test Subject
#405 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 6:14 PM
Can someone explain the slider hack to me?

after installing it im seeing no difference...
i cant figure out how to use it, and it seems to have no effect on the ui...

can someone show me a picture of how it looks in use..?
and tell me how i can fix it?
Scholar
#406 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by garjian

i cant figure out how to use it, and it seems to have no effect on the ui...

can someone show me a picture of how it looks in use..?
and tell me how i can fix it?

There is a picture on the overview page.

Edit: You don't need the sliderhack to use the sliders. Do you understand how to use the sliders? .
Scholar
Original Poster
#407 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:16 PM
what I found confusing was that she could inherit the face from here mother as you said "features from EITHER father or mother".
It's not possible to have breast size from the mother and height from the father or....?

English is not my native language, so maybe there was a misunderstanding. Of course it's possible to inherit for example the lip size from the father and the breast size from the mother. AFAIK each CAS setting in inherited independently.

Quote: Originally posted by garjian

It's not meant to show a difference, it only allows you to install more than 7 sliders into the mouth section and more that 2 sliders into the head section. If you want to use all my sliders at the same time (or even more), you will need it, as I have 8 sliders that go into the mouth section.
Test Subject
#408 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 2:26 AM
i cannot get this to work. i have installed the slider hack that u have uploaded with the d3dx9_31.dll file. my game does not crash or anything. the only slider i can use is the body modifier one, which seems to expand the body slider limit.i installed the breast, butt, hips and thigh sliders only, including the core. i have installed everything to the correct place but i cant find these sliders? if im doing sumthing wrong plz help me. i really cant get this to work at all
Test Subject
#409 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 4:17 AM
Where does the Base go?
Test Subject
#410 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 4:49 AM
I have elf ear slider in my game. How many can I install in the game before go over limit? I want to keep the elf ears.
Scholar
#411 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 9:35 AM
English is not my native language, so maybe there was a misunderstanding. Of course it's possible to inherit for example the lip size from the father and the breast size from the mother. AFAIK each CAS setting in inherited independently.

OK, english is not my native language either so, yes.
Thank you for your answers and your sliders.
Scholar
#412 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 9:50 AM Last edited by Morphar : 23rd Jan 2010 at 7:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by catnip834
I have elf ear slider in my game. How many can I install in the game before go over limit? I want to keep the elf ears.

Read about Slider limits on the owerview page.

You can also use Extended Game Core:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=381046

or the corresponding EGC + inteen at sexysims2.com:

http://www.sexysims2.com/showthread...21&goto=newpost

As you can't have more than one core mod don't waste that
on the slider hack in this thread.

Edit: Removed Twallans super computer from the list.
Test Subject
#413 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 10:16 AM
because my mother tongue is Danish and I use google translator can be problem but can a mother with bristling ear Alfe have a child with Alfe ear if now the danger has not or can not be done that the child gets Alfe ear. a question of can a child get wings
Scholar
Original Poster
#414 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:46 PM
Read about Slider limits on the owerview page.
Add Twallans Super Computer to the list of mods that
extends the number of sliders:

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...6a&topic=1300.0

Sure? I know it can extend the slider range, but I'm pretty sure it would need to override the UI.dll to increase/remove the slider limit, and as far as I know, it doesn't do this.

Quote: Originally posted by catnip834
Where does the Base go?

Together with the other packages in Mods\Packages\
Test Subject
#415 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 4:58 PM
Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#416 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 6:35 PM
but I'm pretty sure it would need to override the UI.dll to increase/remove the slider limit, and as far as I know, it doesn't do this.

Correct, SuperComputer is *not* a core-mod, and is unable to increase the maximum slider slots.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#417 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 4:57 AM
I'm not sure if I said thanks already or not, but I have world adventures and I have both of these installed and in my packages folder and they work great. Thank you so much for this, I can customize my sims so much more now.
Test Subject
#418 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 8:33 AM
is the server down?

Hello There Any E-Friend Here?
Test Subject
#419 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 3:07 PM
thank you SO much! this is amazing, and it works perfectly! aah, thank you johna!
Scholar
#420 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Correct, SuperComputer is *not* a core-mod, and is unable to increase the maximum slider slots.

Cheers.

Sorry, my mistake. I saw your previous post but now I see it was about facial slider multiplier.
Test Subject
#421 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 6:54 PM
The calf and head sliders work for me but nothing else help?
Scholar
Original Poster
#422 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DizanaXO
The calf and head sliders work for me but nothing else help?

Do you have installed a hack that increases the number of slider slots? Do you have other sliders installed, too?
Test Subject
#423 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 10:57 PM
ok i have WA 2.33 and when I downloaded and extracted the files into the mod folder, it says it can't find it and i really want this hack.
Field Researcher
#424 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 1:05 AM
Quote:
Problem: My game crashes after installing this mod!
Answer: You probably installed the SliderHack, but forgot to install the d3dx9_31.dll in your game\bin directory. If you have WA, put in in the WA game\bin directory. Make sure you have the correct game version

d3dx9_31.dll?
I'm confused. Where do I find that?

Don't follow in my footsteps- I walk into walls.
Scholar
Original Poster
#425 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Syanoko
d3dx9_31.dll?
I'm confused. Where do I find that?

If you had followed the installation instructions, I had linked, you would know it. Anyway, I think adding a direct link doesn't hurt.
Page 17 of 84