Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 4:52 AM
Extracted Objects Disappearing In-Game?
Hey, I've extracted the railway tracks from Ambitions for use in CAW, but I'm running into issues where some people find that the tracks don't show up in-game while other people have no issues.

Same thing with a texture image I recoloured from the Riverview City hall- for some reason it doesn't work in other people's game.

I'll upload the files for people to take a look when I can.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:26 AM
For the railway tracks, you could use SuperCAW to access them:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468279

For the recolours, how are you making them and how are you sharing them?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:47 PM
The thing is that I'm aiming for a world with the minimum number of expansion packs, so I was hoping that I would be able to extract use only the items I needed from Ambitions. The strange thing is that I also extracted the drain pipe from Ambitions, and that works perfectly fine- but the train tracks seem to be the issue.

I already have SuperCAW and Ambitions on another computer- I might try placing them on that computer to see if something changes.

In terms of recolors, the recolor was in a package. I've attached both files in case anyone wants to take a look.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PotatoBalladSims_BBCityHallDrapes.zip (30.2 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Riverview City Hall Drapes Recolor
File Type: zip  Train Tracks.zip (536.0 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Extracted tracks from Ambitions
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:47 PM
Are you planning on releasing the recolour as a seperate download, or including it in a world to share? The reason I'm asking is that the usual way to make a recolour of an item for use in a single world would be to make a texture override and import it to the world file directly, whereas making a clone is more appropriate for a standalone item.

Making items show up in CAW is a very trivial mod to the OBJD, but for help with the actual cloning process you'll probably have more luck asking on the meshing forum.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 10:09 PM
The recolor of the drapes I initially included as part of the .world file, but then testers were finding out that for one reason or another- the recolor wasn't working on their computers (it works on mine). I then put it as a separate .package, but it still doesn't work.

I wonder how much it might have to do with the way Riverview's installed (i.e. through the Launcher vs installed as a .world- it might be that there might be a conflict in the way the files are read.

In terms of the tracks- I have them extracted from Ambitions- which should mean that they share the same ID as the Ambitions tracks, rather as new objects. I wonder if there might also be some file loading conflict in that case as well.