Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jacki
Two words carolobrien: Print Screen (or Print Scr)

Thanks so much, will have to go now and load up game and practice getting some good shots for future contests.
Advertisement
#27 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 12:29 AM
I have been playing the game for a while but this will be my first contest, so please feel free to let me know if I am doing anything wrong. I am trying to read up on all the tips on how to take photos. Not having much CC is good since I recently had to change my game to a new PC and lost everything . This looks like it will be a lot of fun.
Karen
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carolobrien
I have never entered a contest before and although i think this would be a good one to start with i have no idea how to get pics from my game and put them into contest. might just watch and enjoy this one.
If you're interested... http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=24516

Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 12:38 AM
I jsut posted my entry, anything constructive you might ahve to say to me would be warmly appreciated. And anything unconstructive will probably also be appreciated as it gives me an oppurtunity to use my astonishing repetoire of "oh yeah? well you..." style comments :p. No but really, any commentary would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 12:47 AM
:taekwondo THIS IS NOT FAIR THE IDEEA OF THE CONTEST IS STOLEN !!!!!!!!!!!! :taekwondo

HERE IS THE PROOF:

http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=45008

AND YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT ENCOURAGING MEMBERS TO TO CREATE REALY UNIQUE AND SPECIAL IDEAS FOR CONTEST.....YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVS!!!!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#31 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 12:59 AM
Wow, way to overreact to something that isn't stolen in the slightest. We'd brought up the idea for doing a multi-part contest carrying over stuff from round to round and covering different skills/aspects of the game and stuff in our discussion among the other moderators for doing a new official contest well over a month before that contest was posted. You should be ashamed of yourself for yelling unfounded acccusations before having anything remotely resembling proof.

And speaking of proof... http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...-angelspost.jpg

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 1:19 AM
anyone can say that they had the idea before, but you didnt use it. . . is like I can say I invented the radio a year before marconi did it . . . and by the way were is that post located ??? the post u gave an image?? i gave you a full thread and you only an image?? is still a stolen ideea of a contest.. because Gerbera was the one that posted first ..
#33 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 1:22 AM
Were you alive before or when Marconi was?

You don't need a whole thread--the date on Angel's post is prior to Gerbera's thread.

You're being way too dramatic over this. I could sit here for hours accusing people of being uncreative and stealing ideas--it's not that hard. You can find connections between almost anything and everything.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#34 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 1:24 AM
That post was located in the moderator forum here on S2C, which I screenshotted because obviously you don't have access to it, and I screenshotted that single post as it was where the idea first came up, the most applicable to this topic, and there were other topics discussed in the thread which are not relevant here.

We didn't use the idea at that point yet as we were still developing the contest idea, which kind of got set aside for a while and then was resurrected later on - it evolved and changed and stuff but Gerbera's contest was also about multiple teams using the elements - the only aspect that is the same is the idea of using different aspects of the game for different rounds, which what we'd come up with before Gerbera's contest was ever posted.

The idea of having rounds that encompass multiple aspects of the game was to make the contest more inclusive to more types of simmers and to encourage people participating to branch out into areas that they might not have tried before. Gerbera may have posted a contest with multiple aspects of the game for different rounds first but the idea came up in our mod forum before that. It's not a stolen idea - just a similar one that we actually had first.

Do not post in this thread again, Andymy. This discussion is over - the idea is very much not stolen and I'll thank you not to generate silly drama over something that's meant to be fun.

Let's please get back on topic here guys. No more about this.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#35 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 1:35 AM
Thanks Daisie!
Forum Resident
#36 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 8:08 AM
bP, i saw your post on allowed content, and lost and found items, does that include or refer to unlocked items that may have been included in game but didn't show up without some help?

sorry if this is confusing, i'm tired! XD

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 8:29 AM
Unlocked items are fair game

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 4:08 PM
Oh! This looks like so much fun to watch! I can never commit...
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 11:41 PM
Is it acceptable to swap around photos if we acquire better ones? Or is that considered faux pas in this instance? Thankies!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 11:58 PM
FurryPanda...
I will have to say no to swapping/changing pictures. Try to post your applications/round entries when they are just how you want them. Remember there is going to be about 5 days per round to get entries in (and even more for the app period), so it really shouldn't be a problem.

Field Researcher
#41 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 7:35 AM
I am wondering if I could join if I have never posted anything or done a contest before?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 7:44 AM
CiaoAlora...
Of course you can join! Just read through the rules on the contest thread, submit an application, and you are in

Field Researcher
#43 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 9:18 AM
Thank you boolPropped, now I need to post a few more times so I can post images!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 3:24 PM
Recolors of Maxis hair are ok? I have default overrides of maxis colors, but I can remove them if I need.

Also, in TeenStyle Stuff, those bookcases with little toys on them, someone has removed the toys and made them decorative objects you can put anywhere. Since they're originally Maxis meshes, would that be ok or not?

Thanks.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 6:55 PM
SharnaPax...
Recolors of Maxis hair would be fine, but please do not use edited Maxis meshes (like the bookcases you described).

EDIT: The Application Round has been extended! Applications end Friday, December 14th @ 9pm (US Central Time).

Instructor
#46 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 1:33 AM
So does this mean round 1 won't be posted until Friday then?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 1:44 AM
Thats correct. Round 1 will be posted when the application round ends on Friday. But remember that applications will not be judged/scored as well as no eliminations, so you can get to work on it right away after its posted.

#48 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 4:26 AM
Are we allowed to use Maxis hairs that have been converted to use for toddler/child sims? I hope that made any kind of sense.
Site Helper
#49 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 1:43 PM
I've been considering entering, but I only get the computer when my husband is working. (Especially now that we just got Seasons as an early Christmas present.) There are a couple points during the contest where he is scheduled off for 4 days in a row, meaning that I will have approximately 5 hours to make my entry, get Image Shack to cooperate, and get it posted before I have to stop because my son is home from school. (My computer is slow, so it takes about an hour to load my games now.) This means the quality would suffer a great deal. And I'm still not very good at this anyway. It looks like fun, but I don't think I can enter. :fallen: :weep:

:ghost: :couch: :popcorn: :coffee: Fortunately there are enough lurking supplies here.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 5:41 PM
Quote:
Two words carolobrien: Print Screen (or Print Scr)

Yes, but when you do this, where can you find the pictures you have taken? I am completely lost when I have to do this!

Rainbow Street: colourful starter homes.

Page 2 of 16