Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:10 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 10th Jul 2018 at 9:20 PM. Reason: Fixed category

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default buy mode/collections. My collections keep dissapearing
I made a lot of collection files took all day then the next time i went to play all my collection files were gone, any idea what happened. I hate to make new ones then they dissapear also.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 9:20 PM
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AuntMorticha
I made a lot of collection files took all day then the next time i went to play all my collection files were gone, any idea what happened. I hate to make new ones then they dissapear also.

In your documents folder The Sims 3 there is a file named userPresets.package. This file contains settings that you have made concerning UI, camera settings and stuff. Do not delete unless this is excactly what you want. This is not dangerous for your game and it will regenerate like the other .package files here. Beware that it is easy to unintentionally delete this file because the other .package file in this folder (directory) are Cached files and are recommended to delete.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:09 AM
Collection files have a strange requirement. You need to be in live mode for a little while, unpaused, then save the game, after you finish the collection files. Otherwise the collection files do not save.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luftspeiler
In your documents folder The Sims 3 there is a file named userPresets.package. This file contains settings that you have made concerning UI, camera settings and stuff. Do not delete unless this is excactly what you want. This is not dangerous for your game and it will regenerate like the other .package files here. Beware that it is easy to unintentionally delete this file because the other .package file in this folder (directory) are Cached files and are recommended to delete.
The file that stores the settings for UI, camera, gameplay settings etc. is called Options.ini. In userPresets.package the game stores all recolours or changes of patterns and textures that a player saved in CASt (Create-A-Style); it has nothing to do with either player settings nor collections. Collections are stored in a separate "Collections" folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 7:31 PM
Default Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Collection files have a strange requirement. You need to be in live mode for a little while, unpaused, then save the game, after you finish the collection files. Otherwise the collection files do not save.

Thank you, you are the I have been trying to figure this one out and looking for answers for ever. I would make collection after collection time and time again and poof they were gone it was like aaaggghh! Thank you now I can make my collection folders again