Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 4:24 PM Last edited by tizerist : 27th Oct 2013 at 1:50 PM.
Default Replacing the future with a custom hood
At some point, this topic will be raised. In this moment, the resource that identifies a future hood is here: (thanks auntielynds)
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...2&goto=lastpost

What are good replacements for the future?
My personal preference is RfLong's Bellatrix. I have big plans in this regard.
I'm wondering how descendants would work out in a custom hood? Like, where would they live??

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 2:08 PM Last edited by tizerist : 27th Oct 2013 at 2:39 PM.
Success!!

Couple of things I did to make it work:
1) I added the resource, and swapped the relevant .world files (check other thread I linked)
2) Deleted any cache files in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Into the Future\Caches
otherwise it crashed.
3) Travelled there with my sim, but was faced with a Uni style 'where do you want to live this term?' choice. I chose a house, then went to Edit Town and added a base camp, complete with Time Almanac.
4) Travelled back home, and then the 2nd visit to the future played out normally. Even Emit, hovercars and my descendants were present.

Good stuff! This is very promising. I don't know enough about future hood mechanics to know if stuff is missing, but I am still testing.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 5:52 PM
That's great to know! Were you able to trigger the utopia/dystopia versions, with their respective lighting, etc? Though I realize that without the spawners and certain trees and other plants, it might appear different.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 6:20 PM
I didn't insert the lighting files on this attempt.

#BlairWitchPetition
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 12:35 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Margaret Pendragon : 31st Oct 2013 at 8:48 AM.
Ok, I finally got a chance to try this tonight. However, the game crashes when I try to edit the world or travel to the future from ingame. I can edit it ingame via CAW though, no problems.

Here are the steps I took, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

1., I created a random test world, complete with a base camp lot with the time portal.
2., I installed the world as per usual.
3., I copied the world to my desktop, and used S3PE to import the future world resource, and renamed it Oasis Landing.world.
4., After backing up the original world file, I put my new Oasis Landing.world in the folder in the ITF installation directory where the original world was located.
5., I deleted all caches--game cache & world cache, as well as the cache within the ITF installation folder.
6., Then I loaded the game and tried to travel to the future, and got the crash.

EDIT--I found the problem. When I tried going to the future in a new game, it worked. So I realized the world worked fine, just not in a save in which they'd traveled to the 'old' future. I went to the save folder for my existing world, and deleted both of the Oasis Landing files. After doing that, sims could successfully travel to the future and back.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 6:24 PM
And the lighting files?

#BlairWitchPetition
In the Arena
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 6:46 PM
Why are there 3 threads on this same topic? Any objections if I merge them all? The times on the posts are going to mess up the proper progression though with duplicates (double-posting names) and so on...but we would get all information in just one thread.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 10:13 PM
Good idea ellacharmed

#BlairWitchPetition
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 7:18 AM
How do I get the Future to work properly? It won't let me: Go back into the future and it count as me being in the future. Won't let me have descendants. Do any Future type Opportunities...Long story short...what's the necessary code/files I need to get everything working?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 11:54 AM Last edited by HelloSims324 : 3rd Feb 2017 at 5:31 PM.
I have a problem
I created my new world with the default Oasis Landing Base camp with the time portal. When my Sims travel into the future, this message comes up: Fatal Error when loading Oasis Landing.world. But I have everything. This was the method:

1.Created my world and put down the default 60x40 lot sized Oasis Landing Base Camp.
2. I use SuperCAW, so I've set the World Type as a Future world. I've added description and the name and the thumbnail.
3. I closed CAW, and copied the .world file to the desktop. I imported the resource file into the world file.
4. Renamed it as Oasis Landing.world and copied the EA's Oasis Landing to the desktop and replaced it with mine.
5.I deleted ALL caches from the Documents, the installation folder, from all expansions' caches folder.

And my sims traveled to the future and a fatal error came up. Can someone help me?

Sorry for my bad English.

EDIT: Fixed. Just I need to make some community lots, (business parks etc.) and residential lots for my descendants and ALL the resources.