Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:42 AM Last edited by JackC. : 3rd Aug 2017 at 3:45 AM.
Default REVOLUTIONARY!!!: Easiest way to get Different Weather Types in your CAW Worlds
Easiest way to get Different Weather Types in your Create-A-World Worlds:
You will need S3PE and a CAW World to do this.

Step 1: Download the weather files in the section below.

Step 2: Using S3PE click file>open and open your world by going to Libraries>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 Create A World Tool>Usertool Data>Worlds>_____________.world

Step 3: Click Resource>Import>From Package and open the desired EA weather package file that you downloaded from me and click Import then No.
It will either unpack or stay as a package file.

Step 4: Click File>Save

Step 5: Open up your world and see the changes!

So far I haven't seen any bugs and the weather seems to stay even after saving unlike from other more complex tutorials. You can select weather from any of your favorite EA worlds except Oasis Landing because I couldn't figure out which INI files and color ramps belonged to which type of future before I made them into 1 package file. If you want to know how to put the INI files and color ramps from other worlds downloaded from anywhere if you were able to extract them into a package file just ask me and I will make a new post for it. Also what I mean by weather is the water color, lightness/darkness in the world, when it rains, and how the rain looks, when it's cloudy, and how the clouds look, etc. I am so happy I figured this out because now I can have the island water in the lite Isla Paradiso that can be edited in CAW from here: https://cawster.wordpress.com/2013/...-isla-paradiso/ .

Please comment if it worked for you and if it was easy so people have an easier time believing. We finally have an easy method at our fingertips.

I also have another thread for this in the CAW Resources Forum here:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Sims 3 Weather.zip (324.4 KB, 203 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:43 AM Last edited by JackC. : 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:56 AM.
I just tested Midnight Hollow Weather and it looks a little bright in CAW but don't worry because in EIG I saw that it was dark, with dark clouds, and dark water so it works!!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:43 AM
This is such a revolutionary thing because it is the easiest method and the INI and color ramps aren't deleted after saving when all other tutorials tell you they will be deleted after saving!!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:46 AM
Just tested Bridgeport Weather and it works!!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:48 AM
Isla Paradiso Weather works.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 6:45 PM
Hi Jack, these are the ini files and colour ramps from each of the EA worlds in a package, right?

Nice work, perhaps you'd like to post this thread in the Resources section (or ask a moderator to move them), as most people look there for things to download for CAW.

I don't have CAW installed to test these, but I'm hoping others will and will post with their results.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi Jack, these are the ini files and colour ramps from each of the EA worlds in a package, right?

Nice work, perhaps you'd like to post this thread in the Resources section (or ask a moderator to move them), as most people look there for things to download for CAW.

I don't have CAW installed to test these, but I'm hoping others will and will post with their results.

Done. Here is the resource thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post5251330
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:55 AM
Didn't save for me.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 7:46 PM
@Eva-Lulu
I think this is the way EA intended it to work:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=466283
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 12:03 AM
@Eva-Lulu
I think this is the way EA intended it to work:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=466283

So you also put the package in the config. settings? And also do you think the config settings is the __________.settings in Usertool Data>Worlds?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eva-Lulu
Didn't save for me.

Did you get the weather to change though? Also i'd love to know what weather you tried!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 12:08 AM
I modified the Isla Paradiso weather package to have the Bridgeport fly through for my new Bridgeport world with hidden islands here is that package:
I will also release the world soon when it is done!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Isla Paradiso with Bridgeport Flythrough.zip (17.8 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackC.
So you also put the package in the config. settings? And also do you think the config settings is the __________.settings in Usertool Data>Worlds?

No, the CAW resource packaging will only wotk with the original EA names resources as outlined in that tutorial (although SuperCAW will handle the extracted resources). Neither will import package files.

Using the CAW import means that you can easily edit and swap out sea/sky parameters, without having to repackage. It's the method I used when creating my own worlds. It's easy enough to import the INI and DDS files to a packaged (completed) world without having them inside a package file- a package file would be more usually placed inside the Mods folder to act as a global override.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 11:19 PM
No, the CAW resource packaging will only wotk with the original EA names resources as outlined in that tutorial (although SuperCAW will handle the extracted resources). Neither will import package files.

Using the CAW import means that you can easily edit and swap out sea/sky parameters, without having to repackage. It's the method I used when creating my own worlds. It's easy enough to import the INI and DDS files to a packaged (completed) world without having them inside a package file- a package file would be more usually placed inside the Mods folder to act as a global override.

I have supercaw so if I put the package in my CAW mods folder it will export with the world?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 8:42 AM
No. I meant the game mods folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 3:05 AM
No. I meant the game mods folder.

got it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 3:06 AM
I don't feel like making a new thread for this but does anyone know what the Bridgeport fountain is named in the metadata?
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JackC.
I don't feel like making a new thread for this but does anyone know what the Bridgeport fountain is named in the metadata?

Center Peak Wave
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eva-Lulu
Center Peak Wave

Thank you so much!