Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2023 at 11:01 PM Last edited by katherynwoldmoe : 9th Dec 2023 at 12:46 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Need help with 4t3 wall conversions
Hi!

I was wondering if someone could please help me. I'm trying to figure out how to convert wallpapers/floors/whatever from the sims 4 to the sims 3.
I have no clue where to start, or what I need to do, and i'm having a very hard time finding tutorials and resources.
Specifically i'm trying to convert wallpapers that came with a game pack (jungle adventures)

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Dec 2023 at 5:56 AM
That should actually be fairly easy. Walls and floors are just textures.
You should be able to just open the Sims 4 wall in The Sims Workshop and extract the texture. I'd recommend getting the most grey version of the wall available. You can take it into an image editing program like GIMP 2.6 to desaturate it to use as the multiplier. Making a mask will take a bit of extra work. You need to determine which areas you want to be recolourable and then paint them in red, green and blue respectively or red, yellow and magenta.
Once you have your textures you can open a Sims 3 wall in the Workshop and import them to the appropriate slots.
When I exported a wall texture from both games they were even the same size.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xander
That should actually be fairly easy. Walls and floors are just textures.
You should be able to just open the Sims 4 wall in The Sims Workshop and extract the texture. I'd recommend getting the most grey version of the wall available. You can take it into an image editing program like GIMP 2.6 to desaturate it to use as the multiplier. Making a mask will take a bit of extra work. You need to determine which areas you want to be recolourable and then paint them in red, green and blue respectively or red, yellow and magenta.
Once you have your textures you can open a Sims 3 wall in the Workshop and import them to the appropriate slots.
When I exported a wall texture from both games they were even the same size.

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 2:23 AM
I just created a tutorial for your question. I hope you find it helpful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2023 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ninfalara
I just created a tutorial for your question. I hope you find it helpful.

Thankyou so much!