Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 4:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sim stuck doing the "Inspect Portal" interaction in current save
I've already tried removing all my CC/Mods and that didn't work; however, starting a new save spawned Emit Relevart pretty quickly, but I don't want to restart my save again because of relationships. Is there anything else I can do? I've also cleared my cache files and repaired the game. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 6:16 AM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 16th Jul 2019 at 8:44 AM.
Try using MasterController mod from nrass to reset the sim.
https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController
Or DebugEnabler to reset the portal
https://www.nraas.net/community/DebugEnabler
In the future I would recommend doing the following.
Start saving your game every SIM day under a different name ,use save as, instead of save.
This way you can't lose all your progress.
Move old saves to a separate folder so they can not become corrupted.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 11:45 PM
Thanks for responding! However, I already have both mods and I already make new save files every time I save my game and none of them have a .bad duplicate to mark it as corrupted. I'll try resetting the portal to see if that fixes it, but I got it straight out of buy mode.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 11:58 PM
I seem to remember having the same problem when I first installed Into the Future. And I'm pretty sure that was before I had any mods installed. Later on it worked okay, so I'd always assumed it got patched at some point. What patch level are you?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 12:03 AM
1.69, I was having issues with it in the past too, but I think I figured it was because my old computer wasn't super powerful, but it's happening again :/
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 10:13 AM
Well if you already use save as can't you just roll back a save or two before the SIM got stuck? I have had to do this for things like freezing errors when no .bad save file was created. Just a necessary evil some days with buggy Sims games.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling