Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:39 AM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 16th Jul 2018 at 5:21 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Chris Hatch Playgroup mod conflict
To be clear, I've installed the mod which enables making daycare lots AND gives the phone call option. The phone call mod seems to work completely as intended.

With the daycare mod, I'm getting an error popup (below) when trying to use a vehicle to go to/from the daycare lot. With no pre-existing mods removed, I can drive to daycare but not leave it. When I remove certain mods (such as children on community lots) I can't even leave the home lot (same error in either case). It appears after selecting either 'Take x to playgroup' (when on home lot) or 'drive home/somewhere else' when on the daycare lot.

The mod does fully work when I remove my entire mod folder. I'm just having trouble sourcing the clashing mod(s). Removing only what the HCDU detects doesn't help, and removing anything else that I imagine could be related isn't helping so far either.

Packages I've already tried removing according to the HCDU.

buyenablerBV.package
calltaxichildenabled.package
Visitor Controller.package
WH_PayBook_A.package

Packages I've thus far tried removing on top of the above.

comm-skilling.package
CommunityLotParties.package
df_allow_strays_on_community_lots.package
driveway-as-a-parking-space-Mog-20101104.package
ZChildren_on_community_lots.package

Log attached with sims/lots being named as obviously as possible. Also text files of my entire mod folders.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t956.rar (17.1 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Mods.rar (3.2 KB, 38 downloads) - View custom content

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 6:42 AM
You forgot to ping Chris.

@Chris Hatch

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:49 PM
Unfortunately I can't open those .rar files, that file format from this site only has always been a problem for me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 4:16 PM
@Chris Hatch is this and this okay? Just found that site on the fly so not sure if it's any good. The log file is too big to upload here uncompressed.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:38 PM
@Chris Hatch - Are you using an older copy of WinRAR? They can't open the new RAR5 format, I believe. You can use 7-Zip.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
@Chris Hatch is this and this okay? Just found that site on the fly so not sure if it's any good. The log file is too big to upload here uncompressed.

Yes that worked, the problem is that the code had lost track of the car id and was checking a sim instead. I added a line to the global overrides to prevent it from checking the car ownership if the current object is not a car which will prevent that error regardless of mods.
CJH_GlobalOverrides(Pets+).zip
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:01 AM
Worked like a dream. Thank you! :lovestruc

Do you reckon any of the HCDU detections should remain removed, aside from the buyenabler that obviously isn't needed anymore?

Scholar
#8 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:32 PM
They probably should, Visitor Controller is the only one of those that I've ever looked at and it will cause problems. The global overrides already allow a child to call a taxi to go home if there is no older family members out with them so you may not need calltaxichildenabled.package.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:02 AM
@Chris Hatch Sorry to ping again. I grabbed the go to school mod as well but keep getting the 'Hit Break Point Primitive' error on the school lot? Seems to be something to do with the lot (I should probably mention it's a large lot and likely CPU heavy) as the small test lot didn't get the popup. Log here.

Unless it just isn't compatible with playgroup but I didn't read that anywhere?

Scholar
#10 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 4:41 PM
Schools and Playgroups are compatible with each other. That error comes from the default Global behave when trying to find the building front door if there is no letter box, outside rubbish bin or public phone booth on the lot. Of those three the public phone booth is the one you probably should have because if for any reason the children miss their ride home they'll be able to call a taxi from the phone booth.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 6:50 AM
Ah so that's what it meant with the doors. Adding a phone booth fixed it. One was out already but I guess it wasn't recognised as such being a custom one.

Thank you. I'm so going to enjoy these mods.

Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd May 2020 at 4:09 AM
@Chris Hatch Hi, I came across this thread after searching for solutions on conflicts with the child care center mod. After reading this thread, I still have not found any solution. Whenever I try to load my family, it stays on the load screen for ages. The game lets me enter community lots but not family/residential lots. I figured out the file that causes conflicts and it is CJH_GlobalOverrides(Pets+).package. When I remove that file, the family loads. However, when I try to get my sim to 'Go Somewhere,' the interaction immediately cancels and the sim resets. I do not know how to upload photos, but the error code says "Invalid constant." During other testings I've also gotten this error code: "bad gosub tree number." when trying to get them to travel. Even when I try to call a taxi, the interaction immediately cancels. On the other hand, my sims are able to drop their children off at school or go for a spin, but they can't go to sub hoods or downtown.

I read the word document about how to use global overrides and it states that the mod will conflict with inteen and the hospital mod. With both mods installed in my game I took the initiative to remove those files in order to test and see if things would work properly—it did not. The playgroup van comes to pick up the child and drop him back off but my sims cannot leave the lot via ownable cars or taxi.

I really enjoy the hospital mod, inteen, and the concept of this mod and I would really love for all of them to work without any problems. Please help me.

Thank you.
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd May 2020 at 5:37 AM
Is it possible for you to attache an error log? If not then perhaps paste a copy of one between spoiler tags.
It seems to me that you have several conflicts which we may have to work through one at a time. Try loading a family with testing cheats on to see what is causing the problem, if an error message does pop-up then the delete option is probably the only one that'll get you into the lot.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th May 2020 at 11:47 PM
@Chris Hatch I loaded the family with testing cheats as you instructed and I discovered another mod that was causing conflicts with ownable cars. I installed the Allow Puppy Kitten Toddler Riders mod (here) with these package files: df_game_edition_addon.package and zdf_compatible_apktr_zInTeenimater_BackToSchool.package. I removed the back to school compatible package and replaced it with the regular one and it still caused issues with my sims using their own cars or taxis, with and without your mod. Without any of those package files, I am unable to send my sim children to daycare But now with both mods removed, my family loads AND they are able to use their own cars and taxis.

How can I get both mods to work together?
Thank you so much for responding.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_E001_t2000061.txt (750.9 KB, 5 downloads)
Scholar
#15 Old 26th May 2020 at 12:37 PM
There's no way df_allow_puppy_kitten_toddler_riders and Playgroups can work together, the best I can do is make a version of the CJH_GlobalOverrides(Pets+) that allows toddlers etc. to travel in cars but that may take a while.
I've no idea what or where 'zdf_compatible_apktr_zInTeenimater_BackToSchool.package' is to be able to know if it can be made compatible.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th May 2020 at 12:40 AM
@Chris Hatch I will wait as long as it takes to get that mod to work in my game. Again, thank you so much!