Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#3726 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9

Sounds good. I got this idea from another member of MTS, but I forget who it was other than it is a regular. Anyway the idea is you make the Office of the Registrar be a Dorm, and put Monique's Computer there so that the Sim can withdraw money or take out a loan, and that there would be the clothing tool from MATY so that they could get new clothes and what ever else you wanted there. Then of course you would move the Sim out to live elsewhere.

Quote: Originally posted by Essa
It looks like @maxon

Could have been maxon, also I was sort of thinking it might have been @Bulbizarre, or it could be some other person who posts regularly and not maxon or Bulbizarre, I can think of at least 3 or 4 others that I pay attention to and make note of something that they write. Anyway I thought it was a good idea and so I made an Office of the Registrar.

Right now I am playing my Sorority House in Académie Le Tour.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Theorist
#3727 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Orphalesion : 10th Nov 2018 at 8:53 AM.
Well it finally happened, after playing Sims 2 since it first came out I actually had an accidental death. Katrina Caliente, after marrying Castor Nova, was pregnant with his child, I wasn't paying attention due to talking to a friend while playing, and she starved.
I had to get Castor to plead with the Grim Reaper and he succeeded, Katrina came back to life. Let's see what their baby will be.

Edit: They had a daughter, I named her "Miranda Nova"

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3728 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 1:50 AM
Default News from Veronaville
I'm glad Castor succeeded; reading of the death of a Sim always saddens me.
. . . . . . . . . .
Despite the computer problems I mentioned in another thread, I'm still playing when my computer's working. In my very loose rotations in Veronaville, I'm slowly catching up with some Sims I haven't played for a long time. I hadn't played BJ Shaikh since May 2015!

Shaikh (72 Canal Walk)

BJ Shaikh is the Tricou Goth. He lives alone in a dark little cottage hidden among the trees near the canal. He's still a teen and goes to school. But it's the weekend! On Saturday, he and Ravi Bertino arranged a reunion of all six Tricou teens. Now it's Sunday morning. . .

-------------ooooooooooooooooooo-------------

In the morning only Ravi Bertino and Weldon Roennigke were still there. Weldon had climbed into bed with BJ, and Ravi had been playing chess almost all night. By morning he was very tired, but he made up cereal for the three of them. After breakfast, Ravi lay down in bed to sleep for a while.

BJ invited his girlfriend Kendra round, and she joined Weldon in the hot tub until it was time to go out. The four of them went first to Fashionista, the biggest fashion store in Veronaville. There BJ bought himself a new outfit of shorts and a Goth shirt -- both black of course. They went on to the Club Venezia, but unfortunately Kendra couldn't come. As they arrived, Jack Gill (who lives with Ravi) was just leaving. The three boys ate there. After the meal BJ decided he wanted to play darts. Weldon joined him and Ravi watched.

From there they took a taxi downtown and went to Bopperz. Ravi lives just down the road, so he went home to Jack. Bopperz is a club for straight teens, and Ravi might not have felt too comfortable there. However BJ was very pleased -- Kendra was there. After goosing her, he and Kendra had their first kiss. Then the three of them (BJ Kendra and Weldon) soaked in the hot tub, after which Kendra and BJ went for a swim. Weldon left the two lovers and went home -- he was beginning to feel himself the third wheel on the wagon!

So BJ and Kendra went back to BJ's little house in Canal Walk together. Before they went into the house, with the rather romantic view of Veronaville's old bridge behind them, BJ made two proposals to Kenda, and she accepted them both. First they agreed to go steady together, and then she consented to stay the night. Since BJ lives alone, this definitely had possibilities! Kendra was getting really hungry. (She had after all missed the meal at the Club Venezia.) So BJ went into the kitchen and started to cook. They ate a rather romantic meal of home-made hamburgers together. Then they sat together on BJ's old fashioned sofa. There they cuddled, kissed and made out for the first time. Before going to bed they had a pillow fight in the garden, and ate a rather healthy dinner of salad. Then they climbed into BJ's black four-poster bed. To help them keep themselves from doing anything they shouldn't in bed, they both wore their pyjamas. (Though BJ's "pyjamas" consisted only of a pair of spandex shorts!)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3729 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 3:14 AM
Aliens always seem to like abduct Sims in my Beginning of hoods. Coral Ruggbryne (Mary Sue Pleasant's mother) is going to have a half alien little sister in my hood. Coral is currently a child 4 days away from being a teen and when I opened up her household to get her to teen, her father immediately got abducted by aliens. Bruno is 17 days away from being an Elder, so he came back alien pregnant.

He gave birth to a half alien girl I named Hydra. Coral aged to a Knowledge Aspiration teen (based on her wants as a child) and is currently working on scholarships for college. Herb Oldie just became a teen also in the rotation before this one so I'll see if Coral rolls wants for dates (they are already best friends). They still have plenty of time as teens and young adults.
Mad Poster
#3730 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 9:52 AM
Bellefleur update: The notable and well-gossiped about item regarding Mayor Mary Sue Pleasant and Beau Broke just took a turn for the worse-having decided to test her lover's commitment to their relationship, Mary Sue invited the Judge over for a bit of play time. Because she can and she's not married to Beau-who's not even divorced from his wife either.

She wanted to see if it would create a reaction of any kind with Beau.

It did. It made him so furious that he moved out of her house-just a while after he had moved in. Mary Sue shrugged and then asked the Judge to move in. He agreed to-mostly because he doesn't want to share his house with 4 YA daughters who are constantly whining about not having their own space.

One notices that Mary Sue Pleasant has become almost the twin of her ex-husband Daniel, who in turn has settled down with his second wife to raise twin sons.

She calls it 'having the time of my life.'

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#3731 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 1:19 AM
It's Springtime in my Beginning Pleasantview and things are blooming along with the births of Mortimer Goth and Michael Bachelor. They look nothing like their Maxis-shipped versions, but they're cute anyway.

Bob Newbie Jr. got his hand caught in his Mother-in-law's cookie jar. So now, he's sleeping on the couch until his wife Betty is over it. I need them together so Brandy Broke can be born. Bob is really trying to mess up my plans.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#3732 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 2:03 AM
My sim who cheated on his wife and got kicked out got an apartment, and so far the ex-wife has been over to the apartment three separate times in the past 24 hours to kick over the garbage can and there are at least three or four separate roach infestations for the landlord to deal with tomorrow. She even came over during the day despite being a vampire. If my sim gets the flu and dies, it will be justice.
Test Subject
#3733 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 3:26 AM
Keep in mind I'm one of those players that live for drama:

So it starts with two sim best friends, Lacey and Mirabelle. They both start off in university with Lacey majoring in art and Mirabelle in psychology. Mirabelle has a lot of flings in university and some of her flings find out about her infidelity and get into fights with both her and the other people she sleeps with. Which then leads me to be petty and kiss other sims right in front of the furious sim. Lacey keeps to her self and focuses on her studies. Both girls reach the dean's list each semester and eventually graduate. Mirabelle of course friend zones every single fling she has (with the wonderful help of ACR).

Both girls move into a custom town named Tumbleton (which I downloaded). They are still living together in an apartment. Lacey goes to get a job in the art profession and Mirabelle goes on to get a job in the law profession. Prior to them moving, I set three sims into the world for Lacey and Mirabelle to "run into". And by run into I mean using cheats to have all of them know each other without actually meeting because I'm that lazy. These three sims are Keith, the rock star heartthrob heartbreaker, Archie, the curious journalist, and Catherine, the perky cosmetologist. These three already knew each other because they all lived in the same apartment building. Archie and Keith lived together as they are cousins.

Lacey eventually falls head over heels for Archie and vice versa. With Mirabelle, she falls for Catherine, but has a relationship on the side with Keith. With ACR, I set her autonomy to high and she was having risky woohoo even when I wasn't even looking. She has now gone steady with Catherine as her and Lacey prepare to move into a house since they have reached high levels in their careers. Mirabelle invites Catherine to move in and LAcey doesthe same with Archie. While Lacey and Archie have their fairytale relationship that Catherine wishes she could have, Mirabelle still sneaks around with Keith whileCatherine is at work. Later, Mirabelle starts to get sick and the ACR pregnancy test confirms that she is pregnant and Keith is the father (tried using a mod to have relationships change when a sim realizes their partner is pregnant with another sim's child, but it didn't work). Keith moves in because he wants to be a good father, but Mirabelle and Keith decide to keep their relationship platonic and only be there for the kids. Catherine still loves Mirabelle and takes her to the love's maze to propose. Two days later, Mirabelle gives birth to twins at the hospital and both Catherine and Keith are there to help raise them. Meanwhile, Lacey has actually gotten pregnant the night before. Now, Catherine and Mirabelle eventually get married, but don't go on a honeymoon because SOMEONE forgot to schedule it while they were still engaged.

Lacey and Archie would have gotten married had it not been for the fact that I had to delete the household and restart with Lacey and Mirabelle at university again because I needed to change a few parts.
Forum Resident
#3734 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I decided to mess about and start a new hood: Maclandon (because it's on... my macbook...)

This time, I want to build a university FIRST, and then use all those spawned sims to build up the hood with skilled workers. Or something like that. It feels weird to add a university when I haven't got anything in the main hood, but in an odd way I feel like it kind of makes sense - towns often boom because of universities drawing a whole bunch of people and businesses to an area. The University of Scarborough is the regions first, and the adjacent town of Maclandon is totally empty, a frontier for the first graduates to colonize.

I've been building dorms first, but there's quite a few buildings that will need to be put up before students start arriving. The Music Hall, Science building and laboratory, the health center - cough - to provide adequate medical and... pre/post natal care... and office of the registrar where each student will go on their first day to sort out the financing part of their education. There's also a few more off campus things like affordable housing, bars, restaurants, shopping, and things like that. It's the first university I'm building, and I think I'm drawing on stylistic inspiration from my own University experiences, so there's a hybrid of UK and US going on that I like a lot. Scarborogh isn't really and urban region, but it's not a totally suburban one either... it's... maybe it's a manufacturing center. I dunno, it uses a lot of brick in light and dark shades, and tall-ish buildings. It's got a very UK high-street vibe to me, which is both comfortable and comforting.

I really love this concept. If you don't mind me using the idea, I'm going to do a 'University/Decades Challenge', where I start in like the 60s and slowly move my way up through the generations, using the offspring of each previous generation as well as new residents as time goes on.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Forum Resident
#3735 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I really love this concept. If you don't mind me using the idea, I'm going to do a 'University/Decades Challenge', where I start in like the 60s and slowly move my way up through the generations, using the offspring of each previous generation as well as new residents as time goes on.

Absolutely! I love the idea of playing decades - in a weird way, that's kind of how it feels! I took the maxis teens that spawned (I play with a full deck of townies) and added about half of them to the hood so that there'd be students to move in and get things rolling. I haven't created a single sim yet, but I did do some surgery on four of my new freshmen. I don't want the town to be totally awash with Maxis genetics so I'll be tweaking them here and there, and completely eradicating certain templates.

It's given a depth to the hood already that I haven't really had before. No one seems to have come from nowhere, it feels like they have families and histories - and if they don't their descendants definitely will.
Mad Poster
#3736 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:51 PM Last edited by Orilon : 13th Nov 2018 at 8:03 PM. Reason: Added info
I have a feeling that my Pleasantly Thriving hood may have a bunch of alien abductions like my previous Veronaville. Bruno Ruggbryne was abducted by aliens an gave birth to an alien daughter I named Hydra who is currently a child. Brad Burb is a teen and just got abducted by aliens. I don't have mods that allow teen pregnancy, so he won't come back pregnant, he will just get the scholarship for being abducted by aliens. BO's aliens apparently have taken an interest in this hood...

I got a good laugh at Susan's actions right after Brad came back. Benjamin Burb is in the Law Enforcement field and is Police Chief. Susan's first speech bubble to Benjamin was of prison bars, so in my head I imagine that Susan was asking Benjamin to arrest the aliens that abducted their son and put them in prison. (Susan and Benjamin are both Family Sims and both have a negative memory of Brad being abducted. Brad and his twin sister Anne are both Knowledge Sims and have positive memories of Brad meeting aliens.)
Scholar
#3737 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:16 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 13th Nov 2018 at 8:51 PM.
Still on Rotation #1 and finally reached Desiderata Valley. Currently in my Belladonna Cove Mainhood of my Uber/Megahood:

Benjamin Baldwin changed his job & Isabel Baldwin had twin baby girls. Marcus aged into a child. Sofia will be aging to a teen (and possibly go to College) in Rotation #2. They moved to a new home in Bluewater Village. Jessica Peterson is in love with both Carlos Contender and Malcolm Landgraab. She wants to get Engaged to Malcolm & is pregnant, but who's the father? Carlos Contender is Woohooing with most of the Uber/Megahood alongside Chastity Gere & Geoff Rutherford. Cordial sisters are witches & Gabriel Green moved in with Samantha Cordial, while Kimberly Cordial married Armand DeBateau. Gabriel Green wants to become a Warlock. Connor Weir is Engaged to Florence Delarosa and will be getting married when I reach her household. Newson's are doing well - Ginger and Gavin are in College (at home) and Gabriella & Gallagher are both still children. Garret and Georgia are children now. They're all great friends with each other. The Goodies adopted a teenage son and would like to adopt a daughter, too. The Gavigan family had twin boys. Mary is pregnant again and is hoping for a baby girl. Marissa and Jason Cleveland had an accidental pregnancy resulting in a little boy named Roderick. Justin is in College and is interested in Max Flexor (premade Sim in Academia Le Tour).

Lots of fun with these Sims, especially because I sent them to vacations and lots of Community lots this time!

Edit: Forgot the DeBateaus! Tara is head over heels for Ginger Newson. She's in College now. Armand married Kimberly Cordial and during their honeymoon, Kimberly got pregnant! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#3738 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 5:24 PM
I'm finally happy with the first-year class at Scarborough. Last night I hardly played- I spent all my time sorting out genetics. Because I foolishly didn't delete the dormies from the master templates in my game files, the entire first year class spawned from them. It was too much without any decent looking sims to balance it out, so I took gussy-up for a spin and tweaked, edited, and outright replaced certain faces and features. I still need to sort through a number of poor outfits and unfortunate hairstyles, but for the most part I'm really pleased with how everyone looks, and with minor editing a number of sims sporting maxis templates are immensely better looking. Maxis did something horrible and strange with the noses. They're always too short and too pointy, or ENORMOUS. It's strange. Once I'd corrected for that (and for ethnicities), everything sort of came out better.

I spent an annoying half an hour in SimPE making sure that their new looks are permanent, and I'm feeling pleased at having secured the future generations. Then I went and removed the dormie templates from the game files. Because I am never doing that again.
Theorist
#3739 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 8:24 PM
Beginning of Pleasantview neighbourhood again.

So Cassandra (Goth) and Malcom Landgraab had their first child; a girl named Bella. I usually name Cassandra's first daughter after her mother. Of course since Bella never disappeared in this neighbourhood and is still alive naming a kid after her isn't quite as significant, but well. The girl has blond hair and dark blue eyes like her father (also) pale. So it's the first time the recessive blond gene that has been passed down in the Goth family since Cassandra's great-grandfather was expressed again. The genetic system in Sims 2 is so fun.

Magnus Goth meanwhile married Emanuelle Jeffress (Denis Jacquet's sister) and Dorian and Dina Bachelor had a daughter named Paris. So far, all of Michael Bachelor's six grandchildren are girls (Titania, Artemis and Galadriel by his oldest son, Emily and Rose by his daughter and now Paris by Dorian) Dorian is still slated to have another child, let's see whether it will be Michael's seventh granddaughter

Bluewater Village is coming along fine as well, I decided at some point that, except for the Landgraabs I'd settle the family's delayed by one generation in comparison to the Pleasantview bunch so that, for example Denise Jacquet would be of a similar age as Cassandra Goth.
That's working out well so far. Gilbert Jacquet is currently a toddler, and, as mentioned above Denise has a younger sister, Emanuelle, who has just married the Goth heir. Checo Ramirez and Lisa Mendoza have just turned into teens and are currently in the process of falling in live (they're childhood friends, their parents lived together for a while) and Checo has a younger brother named Leon.
Stephen Tinker and Wanda Zarubin are going steady (Stephen has an older brother named Thomas, who's gonna be off to uni soon) and Florence Delarosa is a child (and has a younger sister named Cecily)
Chester Gieke and the Larson twins are still being gestated by their mothers. The Giekes live in the Desert, the Larsons in Pleasantview Proper.

Also in case anybody is worndering why I have so many families where they have a set of children of the same sex (so a pair of brothers or a pair of sister)....no I didn't arrange it that way, that's just how the RNG fell for all of those families O_o
Outside of the "canon" characters from PV and BWV, and a few semi-canon characters I like to recreate whenever I play those neighbourhoods, I generally try to "take what I get" with Sim births in this play through, so no "exiting without saving" Which, right now, kinda has produced a surplus of girls among the current Toddler and baby generations. Let's see how that turns out :-)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3740 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 3:38 AM
There was a question about burglars in the stupid questions thread, and my Pleasantly Thriving hood which is acting as a kind of Beginning of Pleasantview had its first burglar. Marshall and Melinda Danders sent Diane (Daniel Pleasant's mom) off to college so its currently just them. Since this is the case they are more likely to be in bed at the same time and tonight the burglar came at Midnight. They both are furious with the burglar but nothing was stolen. They also got 500 Simoleons for "helping to catch a known criminal". They both are 6 days away from Elder and I'm playing the main hood before playing college so that the parents keep aging while their kids are in college.
Scholar
#3741 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 4:31 AM
In my game ive been creating ties between sims of the beginning hoods and the base ones in my custom hood.
Not necessary cause they exist as such in the original hoods but I only play this hood and downloaded them as such.

A lot of graves will be popping up if I can find them
Lost 50 graves at once though I have nounlinkondelete mod installed so i should be fine. Grim (PC) will just resurrect them anyway so he can keep count.
Test Subject
#3742 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 5:32 AM
I just finished playing through 1 of my 2 college freshmen households. For this one, I've got 7 Sims in one dorm, 4 guys and 3 girls. 3 of the 4 guys are bisexual + ACR--you can imagine how things have transpired in this rotation, lol. It's always interesting to see who gravitates toward who. Some Sims certainly have favorites!
Scholar
#3743 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 12:54 PM
I've just finished Rotation #1 of my Mega/Uberhood and it was super fun! So far I've shared parts of what happened in Strangetown, Veronaville and Belladonna Cove. I'm not sure how long a post can be so that's why I'm doing them in parts.

This time, I'll tell you what happened in Riverblossom Hills!

The Ottomas family have had their twins, a boy and a girl who are both toddlers now. David went to College. Sharla is still a child, she ages to a teen in Rotation #2. Tommy is a child who will be a family/knowledge Sim. Samantha found out she was pregnant again - thanks Risky Woohoo! Peter had an affair with Nina Caliente, Sharon Wirth, Chloe Singles and Catherine Viejo so far. Samantha is oblivious - kinda. Chloe caught Peter making out with Samantha and slapped him and attacked Samantha. Needless to say, Samantha is beyond confused why a random person would attack her like Chloe did. Dora is still alive, surprisingly. She has 3 bolts with Luis Aspir and I'm thinking of setting them up and let them marry before they pass away. The Ramaswami's had a baby girl that they named Anika. Jules O'Mackey is in College and Gabe O'Mackey recently proposed to Kaylynn Langerak. He doesn't know about her other lovers and he never will because I know I'm going to get rid of them one way or another. Jules seems to be OK with Kaylynn. Cleo Shikibu has amazing chemistry with Leod McGreggor and I just had to pair them up. They're not married yet but I changed the household name from Wan to McGreggor for future purposes. Patricia Wan moved out after falling in love with Mortimer Finch (townie). They got married in Cleo's home when Patricia found out she was pregnant (thanks Risky Woohoo, again!). They had a baby boy, Michael. Stella Roth had an affair with Gilbert Jacquet whilst Morty was still home. He was oblivious to the whole thing. He was mainly downstairs whilst Gilbert & Stella were flirting in the bedroom! In Gilbert's rotation (#1), Stella Woohoo'd with him in his bed. Poor Morty! Sandra is in College and isn't sure of her and Jacob's relationship. They've got barely anything in common! Xander is still a child but will be a teen in Rotation #2. Andrew Martin fell in love with pink-loving Erin Beaker. He plans to propose to her in Rotation #2. Jacob Martin is in College and has been interested in many different girls - neither are Sandra Roth. I can't see their relationship lasting much longer. The Travellers got jobs in Culinary and Adventure. Trisha found herself pregnant with a baby girl, Tabatha! Risky Woohoo loves me, LOL. Tina ages into a teen in Rotation #2. Daisy Greenman aged up into an Adult (I cheated her a degree to give her the Wants benefit etc). She's a Romance Sim. Rose and Jason decided to Try For A Baby and eventually had a light skin human baby boy which is unusual to me since they usually have a dark skinned baby whenever I play them - interesting. They named him Christopher (couldn't think of any masculine flowery/nature-type names at the time). Not long after that, Daisy did a pollen cloud prank on Jason which turned him into a PlantSim (love that Mod!). His dream came true! He and Rose went on a date which turned out to be a Dream Date - after returning home, he rolled a want to Grow a Plantbaby! I've never had this want before, I was super excited so I let him Grow a Plantbaby! He had a girl named Tulip!

That's all that happened so far in my Riverblossom Hills neighborhood - not much drama yet. I kinda like peaceful neighborhoods but I'm hoping to switch it up to give it more "life". Hope you enjoy my story things about my neighborhoods as much as I enjoy writing them! :D
Mad Poster
#3744 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 5:29 PM
Over in the Elsewhere communist hood, Alexa Starr is a hoot! She has absolutely no intention of knuckling under for the Council. She won the baby lottery so the Council provided her with a partner, First Maccabees Smith. He's tried to be accommodating; he even took her last name when they married, but she just ignores him. She acts like he's not even there. She walks away when he tries to talk to her. They failed to make enough money last tax season, so they were given a room mate, Alaska Janackova. Alexa just ignores her, too.

Although she won the baby lottery at the beginning of the prior rotation, she's yet to produce a new citizen for the State. She's been inseminated three times. She manages to lose the baby every time. I really don't know how she does it since it hinges on a dice roll. But, she's managed. And she doesn't care. No maternal hormones left swirling around after the miscarriage to make her cry, no leftover fat. She just goes back to her selfish life.

It's about to catch up with her, though, probably within ten minutes after I start up the game. Tax season is upon them again. They have next to no money. Unless one of them comes home from work with a promotion that gives them 25,0000 or so NB's, they will be shipped off to the prison district. If she hadn't lost this last baby, their tax debt would have been forgiven. At least her being pregnant kept them from Purge season, though.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3745 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 9:21 PM
Boy, Smorbie, you run a tight ship in that hood! (Have you ever thought about making this into a blog? Sounds fascinating..) I would be aghast at having make the pixels suffer so much!

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#3746 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 11:31 PM
My Pleasantly Thriving Hood has three sets of Ancestors: the Pleasants, the Brokes and the Summerdreams. The Pleasants I've talked about before but today I moved in Bob Sr and Mags Newbie to get the Broke line going. Except Bob Jr is going to have an unexpected older sister. I didn't catch Mags going into labor in time to save, so she gave birth to a little girl I named Emily (based on the Let's Play Video I was listening to while playing the household. Emily is an important character in that game, guess if you want to.) This is one of the times I wish there was Sims 2 version of Master Controller that would let us set gender before birth.
Lab Assistant
#3747 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 12:56 AM
This is the sad, completely unplanned story of Edward Frost...

Edward Frost was the spawn of two cheating upper-class lovers. Neither wanted to stake their noble reputations by having a baby born out of wedlock, so very shortly after his birth, he was dropped off in secrecy to an orphanage. His mother and father did actually end up married together and now have three daughters together, but poor Edward was well forgotten by the time that happened.

Edward was forced to quite a bit of physical labor as a young child growing up in the orphanage. Once he grew old enough his duties also included taking care of the younger children and going out to try to earn money for the orphanage. It was expected that once he was an adult, he would join the military where he would at least get free room and board.

As a teenager, Edward turned to stealing newspapers as a form of protest against a society that doesn't treat orphans well. Unfortunately, the state did not turn a blind eye to Edward's mischief. One day, his luck ran out and the police arrested Edward for good. The state doles out a harsh punishment towards newspaper theft. Young Edward is now serving life in prison for his misdeeds.
Mad Poster
#3748 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Boy, Smorbie, you run a tight ship in that hood! (Have you ever thought about making this into a blog? Sounds fascinating..) I would be aghast at having make the pixels suffer so much!

You are the sweetest soul! I don't think anyone is really that interested in reading my OCD-laden stories.

the interesting thing about Alexa, though, is that with the exception of insemination and the dice roll that caused the miscarriages, I really didn't control her that much. If I tried to make her talk to her husband, she just walked away. By the time the room mate moved in, I knew better than to even try.

They did get sent to a prison district. They didn't have the money to buy a lot with a structure, so they are on an empty lot. I'll be interested to watch whether she works with the others to make a life there, or just looks for someone else to move in with.

EDIT: Poor Edward Frost.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3749 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:38 PM
Mary (Land) Collier is having fits getting pregnant. Her LTW is to marry off six kids. I don't think I've ever had a sim with ACR ideal family size set to 12 kids have this much trouble getting pregnant--granted her first pregnancy brought triplet boys--Copper, Gold, and Silver, but this is the attempt for #4. The triplets are one day from child when she finally succeeded, and the scanner tells me twins. Well, okay, getting closer . . . but there's no guarantee all of them will want to get married, Mary, you better aim for eight to be sure of six weddings. (Scott Land also wants six kids to get married. The odds of Beulah and Homer actually fulfilling that 20 grandkids want elder family sims like to roll are the highest I've ever seen: if Mary and Scott each have eight kids, then the others only need to want one or two each.)

Woody and Ginny got their first kiss at Mary and Rodger's wedding, and Val and Penny fell in love. Val almost always wants to fall in love with Penny, but this is the first time I've had that happen--and they were both uncontrolled.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3750 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 3:45 AM
In my Beginning PV, Dalmar and Dacia Dreamer were the very first couple to have a child-a boy, of course. Named Davis.

The other couples are trying their best. Thankfully the aging mod is in effect, which is going to be handy because at this rate it might take a few years to get the entire roster of complete families done.

Page 150 of 349