Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2023 at 9:12 PM
Default Missing Sims Midsection
Hello, when I use sims4studio to change a CC so that both genders can use it. When I view it in CAS in game on some of them the midsection of the sim is missing, is there any way to fix the CC so that it works for both, or is this just because the CC was created in blender and there is nothing I can do?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Aug 2023 at 10:59 PM
If the item was a top or bottom, body parts are included on such items and the seams likely don't line up between different bodies. They cannot simply be toggled to be compatible with all frames.
The arms / torso / legs included in the clothing need to be replaced.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2023 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
If the item was a top or bottom, body parts are included on such items and the seams likely don't line up between different bodies. They cannot simply be toggled to be compatible with all frames.
The arms / torso / legs included in the clothing need to be replaced.

Aw jeez, this sounds like it would not be an easy fix. How would I go about replacing the arms/torso/legs if I were to try?
Instructor
#4 Old 15th Aug 2023 at 8:39 AM
It's a little complicated to learn, but easy to master. I'm personally more familiar with TS3, so I won't go into too much detail just in case I mix things up and make it more confusing. I'd recommend checking out the Sims4Studio forums for their tutorials and discussions. General clothing creation tutorials will have sections on how to add the clothing to the body pieces, so you can skip there.

You can get a basic idea of how it works by exporting the mesh of the CC, or any similar EA clothes you might want to use as examples. Open in Blender and you'll be able to see which of the mesh pieces are body parts that need to be swapped out.
S4S is quite advanced these days, there may even be easier methods to do it now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2023 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
It's a little complicated to learn, but easy to master. I'm personally more familiar with TS3, so I won't go into too much detail just in case I mix things up and make it more confusing. I'd recommend checking out the Sims4Studio forums for their tutorials and discussions. General clothing creation tutorials will have sections on how to add the clothing to the body pieces, so you can skip there.

You can get a basic idea of how it works by exporting the mesh of the CC, or any similar EA clothes you might want to use as examples. Open in Blender and you'll be able to see which of the mesh pieces are body parts that need to be swapped out.
S4S is quite advanced these days, there may even be easier methods to do it now.

Thank you for all your help, I will look into it.