Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 2:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Screenshots no longer save
Ok I'm just gonna jump right in. I have the sims 2 ultimate collection and everything runs fine, except my screenshots no longer save. If I take a picture go into album mode, the picture is there, but if I my sims go order pictures they all disappear and the album mode is empty . And it's not just that now, I was just going to upload a house post and all the screenshots aren't there except for really tiny thumbnails? How can I fix this? please help
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:21 AM
There seems to be something with UC and screenshots but I don't have that particular version of the game so can't help you there - there are people here though who do know something about it.

I was just posting to say if you're thinking of uploading here, in-game screenshots don't usually make the grade - they're too small and too poor quality. You're better using something like Fraps for that. If you've not uploaded before, I'd also suggest reading the Guidelines carefully. If the lot's been lived in, it won't be accepted (without cleaning anyway).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:21 AM
Ordering a BV album sometimes erases the story album. If you have a recent backup, you can restore the old one, and any pictures that have gone missing from your backed up NXXX/Storytelling folder.

I've never heard of the album deleting actual snapshots. Are you sure that's what happened? Do their names all start with thumbnail? Every picture has two copies: the snapshot, used in viewing the album, and the thumbnail, used in arranging it. My file browser sometimes has random glitches when displaying files, up to and including showing a folder as empty when I know it's not, so it doesn't hurt to double-check.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Ordering a BV album sometimes erases the story album. If you have a recent backup, you can restore the old one, and any pictures that have gone missing from your backed up NXXX/Storytelling folder.

I've never heard of the album deleting actual snapshots. Are you sure that's what happened? Do their names all start with thumbnail? Every picture has two copies: the snapshot, used in viewing the album, and the thumbnail, used in arranging it. My file browser sometimes has random glitches when displaying files, up to and including showing a folder as empty when I know it's not, so it doesn't hurt to double-check.

No I don't have a back up. Yes they all say thumbnail and All I know is the pictures are there, and when I go to order them they're gone. And I want to put pictures of my sim family in game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:47 AM Last edited by Katie Turner : 1st Oct 2018 at 4:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
There seems to be something with UC and screenshots but I don't have that particular version of the game so can't help you there - there are people here though who do know something about it.

I was just posting to say if you're thinking of uploading here, in-game screenshots don't usually make the grade - they're too small and too poor quality. You're better using something like Fraps for that. If you've not uploaded before, I'd also suggest reading the Guidelines carefully. If the lot's been lived in, it won't be accepted (without cleaning anyway).

Good to know, I'll check it out is it free, and if not are there any free programs, and oh ok.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 10:11 AM
I use Irfanview, which is free. It only works if you run Sims 2 in a window, though, otherwise you just get screenshots of your desktop wallpaper.

https://www.irfanview.com
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 10:39 AM
Fraps is free - I've always found it fine for screen caps but there are other ones: http://www.fraps.com/download.php

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 4:41 PM
Fraps is free - I've always found it fine for screen caps but there are other ones: http://www.fraps.com/download.php

does it work on windows 8?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie Turner
does it work on windows 8?

Well, it works on Win7 and Win10 (I know for sure since I've used it on both).

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 11:57 AM
Well, it works on Win7 and Win10 (I know for sure since I've used it on both).

Ok I'll give it a try, quick question does it help for recording video, because that is also something I like to do is make sim videos
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 6:54 PM
It does do video I think but I prefer - ummm whadgamacallit for that (Jo knows - I've forgotten the name).

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:24 AM
Default Solved
I solved the problem. I was doing it wrong as usual I was hitting the C button to take pictures, but in order to get a photo album you have to click on the sim choose take picture and then hit C. After that you can order what ever photos you like so long as you do it by using the sim to take a picture.