Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 1:35 PM
Cleaning out my game
My game is running veeeeerrry slowly! I know part of this is my system but a big part of it is my content so I want to clean it all out. Is there a way of doing this without corrupting my game? I don't want to accidently delete something that is in use. Also, is there a way of deleting the actual maxis game content? I don't use at least 2/3 of it! Can i just delete from within the game where I can see thumbnails and know what I use and what I don't or do I have to do it from file view? If I did accidently delete something in use, would the game just replace it with something else?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 2:16 PM
I take cc in and out all the time, but I build houses and make new saves most of the time, but not always. How long do you keep your saves?
Theorist
#4 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 3:09 AM
You can hide the maxis content, as in you won't see it in the catalogue, but if you download a house that has that object that you've hidden, it will still be there on the lot. You'll need to open the fullbuild file that contains it with S3PE and change it to a category that doesn't exist, such as decor > cars.
You can use the same method to delete it outright too, by deleting all references to it in S3PE (the OBJD, OBJK, lighting data etc) but I would highly recommend not doing that.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Space Pony
#5 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 3:44 AM
Out of curiosity does the data still get loaded from the game? If you hide it in the catalog?
dodgy builder
#6 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 4:40 PM
I always delete cache though when I change cc or mods in the save. I delete cache, cachestr both folders, and localthumbcache.package.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 9:36 PM
CC is always a game bloater and causes lag; however, deleting the files inside the Featured Items folder, the various .cache files (like simcompositor, CASpartcache, etc.) and also any screenshots you may have taken can help a lot.

But then you might already know this so just disregard my blathering :P
Site Helper
#8 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
Out of curiosity does the data still get loaded from the game? If you hide it in the catalog?

IIRC, yes(ish)

If it's hidden in the catalog, it won't be cluttering up the catalog when you are looking for something. But if you had some CC that was based on it, and that CC is removed, the game needs to know what to replace that reference with. So if you have some clutter that was all cloned from tissue boxes, and you hide the tissue boxes from the catalog before removing that CC, you should see a sudden proliferation of tissue boxes. And if you had tissue boxes in the lot before you hid them, they should still be there.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#9 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24

In addition to what @Ghost sdoj said, if you hide an object just by changing its flags in the OBJD resources to point to nothing - either by modifying the game files directly, or exporting the resource and creating a new .package -, the game will still read the resource. It just won't display the object in-game. The game reads all files included in the directories it is set to read (Game \ Bin, My Documents etc.). So, while there's a decrease in display time, the game still has to read the file to see under which category to display it.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
dodgy builder
#11 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 3:22 AM
I have to get a grip I managed to mix the games up. I don't think it matters much though. Only other cache needs to be removed. What I referred to was ts4 cache