Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:12 AM
Salem - RP Closed

There’s a chill in the air as a father runs through the town. He’s headed to the doctor’s house, and there’s no time to lose. He turns sharply nearly slipping in a mud puddle created from the stormy night that has finally cleared. Catching his balance he heads down the back alley, cold air filling his lungs. He reaches the doctor’s back door and pounds it with his fists. “Doc!” his panicked voice echoes through the early morning mist. “Open up Doc! I need you!”

The door creeks open revealing a man behind it wrapping his robe around his body, tying the belt tightly around his waist. “What is it good man?” he asks trying to hide his irritation with being woken so early.
“It’s my little girl Elizabeth,” the man spit out between attempts to catch his breath. “She’s gotten worse in the night.” The doctor’s expression noticeably changed from irritation, to fear. “Her mother is sitting with her, please you must hurry!”
The doctor adjusts his wire spectacle frames on his nose. “Go, return to your daughter. I will get my bag and be there right away.”
The father nodded his head and began to run back home. Back around the corner he went, completely unaware of the shadowy figure who had tracked him.

~ * ~

Welcome to Salem, a game styled Role Play. This game is set in the late 1600s, in a small colony of the New World. A few girls have come down with a disease that no one can explain. Over come with blasphemous screaming, convulsive seizures, and trance like states, the girls’ conditions have the town frightened. There’s only one thing that could possibly explain such behavior. Witchcraft! The good church going ladies and gents have all began to fast and pray fervently. But will it do any good? That’s what we’ll have to find out.

The Characters:

The Witches Clan:
There will be a group of witches who are trying to eliminate the townsfolk. These people will be chosen randomly. The number of witches ultimately depends on how many people we have participating. The witches will know each other’s identity as they are a clan after all.

The Townsfolk:
These are the innocent people in the town. You’re main goal is to rid your town of all the evil witches.

The White Witch:
The White Witch is in fact a witch, but of a good heart. The White Witch is truly bothered by what the other witches are doing to the people of the town. The White Witch has magical spells that are used to inquire about one participant’s role every “round”. The White Witch can then use their knowledge to persuade other’s decisions, hoping to rid the town of the dark witches. Be careful though, the Witches Clan knows of the White Witch existence and would love to get rid of him/her.

The Blessed One:
The Blessed One is the only player who can protect other players from witches. During each night the blessed one picks one player to protect in secret. If the witches choose to attack the protected one, their spell will fail and that player will be saved.

The Game.

The game will proceed in rounds. Each round will likely last a few days, but their length is at my discretion to shorten or prolong.

During the Night: The night is the Witches time to act. They can gather and pick a victim to kill, or they may choose not to. During the night The Blessed One will need to choose a person to protect and the White Witch will be able to find out the identity of one character each night.

During the Day: The day is filled with accusations from the town folk. An arrest will be made and a trial held. During the trial, the accused person will have a chance to defend their self. Then the village must decide to let the person go free, or hang them. Any hangings will be done just before dusk.

So basically it will work like this.
- Everyone sends me their vote on who they suspect is a witch.
- I roleplay a person’s capture and begin a trial.
- During the trial others can accuse the person, and that person has the opportunity to defend themselves.
- A town meeting is then held where everyone states publically if they think the person should be set free or hanged.
- The person is either released or killed depending on the votes, and night sets in.
- During the night the Blessed One pics a person to protect, The White Witch finds out the allegiance of one person, and the Witches Clan has the opportunity to kill one person.
- Morning comes, I reveal who was killed and the whole process starts all over again.

Characters making unfounded accusations, stating false facts and lies are part of this game. But you as a player must not tell anyone of your role in the game. No mater if your a townsfolk or a witch, or whatever, you're not allowed to reveal your identity to anyone. The game is over once one side has been eliminated.

Applications.
1. Name
2. A brief description of your character.
3. A picture.
Pictures can come from anywhere and do not have to be a sim.
They can be of any age but must appear to be human please.

Once you’ve posted your application, please PM me the following information. (It is important that this stays private between you and me!)
Quote:
1. Are you willing to be part of the Witches Clan?
2. Are you willing to be the White Witch?
3. Are you willing to be the Blessed One?

I plan to keep applications open for six days. We need to have a minimum of eight participants to begin.

Please remember, this roleplay is set in a Puritan Village in the late 1600s. You do not have to be an expert on the era or a history buff to participate in the roleplay, but please do your best to keep your character in the correct setting.

If there's any questions feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:13 AM
#3 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:11 AM
Oh, I would so love to be in this.

Luckily, I have no self-control so I probably will join.
#4 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:21 AM
:O

I must join this!
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cherryp3
ooc: Shenan! No way! I mentioned something about this in the RP thread...

Yeah, when I was trying to get ideas I went through that suggestions thread. The witch trials and the wild west both caught my attention. That's how Tumbleweed Valley came to be. Now that it's nearly over, I thought I'd go ahead and start this one. Hope you can find the time!

Glad to see people are interested! Can't wait to see the characters ya'll come up with!
#6 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:09 AM
Default Julianna Wardelle :: Application
Name
Julianna Wardelle

Biography
Julianna is the preacher's daughter, fair and bright. At the age of 19, She is the youngest of three children, and the only girl. Her mother died during labor, and since then she has become sort of the "woman of the household". Because the boys' can't clean, sew, or cook, she was unfortunately forced into the posistion.

She is very modest and truthful, although somewhat shy and secretive. Her pale skin burns easily, so she prefers to stay inside and sew. You can usually find her at the church, as she is very true to her fairth and comes there each morning first thing. Sometimes, when she can get her hands on a book, she'll read it. She taught herself to read at a young age so that she could study the bible. Since then she has read it over 7 times. She believes in the afterlife, and has a strong faith. She is also extremely judgemental of people, and dosen't trust newcomers easily.

Although she is long-past due to wed, she has had no romantic relationships with anyone so far. She does, however, have an eye for a man out there.

Some of her friends have recently become victims of the witches' attacks, although she is skeptical of their existence. If they are, however, she wishes nothing more of them than to be hung at the gallows.

Picture

( Anyone is welcome to be the Preacher or one of the brothers! :3 )
Forum Resident
#7 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:18 AM
I dont know how creative in writing I am but I might actually join this one... doesn't seem too bad.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
#8 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 5:19 AM
Default Application:: //Calliope Nighwolfe//

Name:
Calliope Nighwolfe

Description:
A voice as clear as heaven’s bells, piercing eyes of the finest emerald, and a relentless devotion to her Lord has earned the porcelain-skinned goddess the admiration of the prestigious men and women of Salem Town. Calliope spends most of the day wondering about the town, humming under her breath and passing on the word of God to any open ear. Few disregard her lectures as the young woman has become something of a figure of the church ever since the new pastor, William, moved into town. Under the man’s wing she has come to appreciate the ‘Fire and Brimstone’ teachings and has gone so far as to accumulate her own nightly Bible study which focuses on these practices. During the day, however, she serves as the lead singer in the choir where her capturing voice could melt the coldest of hearts. Because of her delicate singing and her firm sermons, the elders affectionately call her ‘God’s Little Wonderment.’

Though, masked by Calliope’s angelic features and soft voice, sits a terrible beast of a soul. Calliope cares little for the people of Salem Town and often uses her position as the doctor’s daughter to bend the townsfolk to her will. Many a time she has acquired a patient requiring only a minor surgery, only to coincidentally find an inconceivably dangerous injury that required an immediate--and highly expensive--surgery. She earned her weight in gold through these precarious surgeries, purposely injuring many patients so that they might be forced into her trap. In fact, Calliope can almost appreciate the trail’s going-on. The incisions and mistakes can effortlessly be blamed on witchcraft, and she can rake in an even heftier sum for the extra work and the ‘summoning of God’s blessing’. The surplus from this money goes either to the fashionable dresses she has imported from London or serves as a wager on one of her many gambling nights. The fallen ‘angel’ looks up to Reverend William in everything she does, and enjoys nothing more than having a one on one chat with the man.

[Calliope is daughter to Salem's doctor, and is the only skilled surgeon in the town.]

Picture:

.extra.
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 5:29 AM
((O_O This is SO cool! I've played a game like this in real life, except it was Mafia. Way cool...I may just have to join...))

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
#10 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 5:52 AM
ooc: Trampled! Yeay! Yes, you must join.
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 5:58 AM
Pandaness – Yes, I was working on an avatar template. I wanted to go for dark and spooky, not sure I quite pulled it off, but they’ll look something like this.
I’ll be using them for a character spread sheet of sorts.

Cherryp3 – Yes, feel free to be the doctor’s daughter. If no one wants to be the good doctor then he can remain a NPC.

So everyone knows, all positions in town are free for the taking.

Trampledsneakers – This is pretty much exactly like the Mafia game. Different names and a different theme, but really the same game. Hope to see you join!

Photo_me – The great thing about these type of role plays is that your creativity feeds off of the other participants. It’s great fun really.

Please don't forget to PM me the three questions listed in the first post after you've posted your application. Thanks
#12 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 9:07 AM
Ohh! I'd like to be the doctor... If anyone has a problem with that I'm quite happy to be somebody else though... (by anyone I mean cherry of course.... i dont wanna just jump in as her father....:P)

Name: Nero Nighwolfe
Description: Nero has deep green eyes, his brow has deep lines as he frowns so much much, in fact this is his normal expression. Despite this he is a kind man, who would happily give anything he could to protect the townsfolk.... particularly his daughter. His slight arthritus in his hands means he can no longer perform complex surgery, he is lucky his daughter also picked up this talent or he himself may have been out of a job years ago. Nero is quite happy to keep a patients secrets if they wish, no matter what it is or who they are. Well within reason of course!
Nero has a secret though, a secret which would land anyone in trouble in this day and age... It's not like it hurts anyone, really its just his opinion... No matter how dangerous it is.

picture:

#13 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 9:37 AM
O.o I must enter
I'll try and get in an application later today
#14 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 12:20 PM
Great idea Shenanigans. Can I reserve a spot please. I will be back in next couple of days with an application - I'm just a little busy right now.
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:45 PM
Cherryp3 – No problem! Most likely if I wasn’t 100% clear for you, someone else out there is wondering the same thing, just not voicing their opinion.

The White Witch is on the Town’s side. Each "night" round the White Witch gets to PM me the name of one character that s/he would like to know about. I then tell them if that one character is on the Witches Clan, is the Blessed One or is a Townsfolk. In most Mafia games I think it’s usually referred to as a detective of sorts. The White Witch is sort of like the Townsfolk secret weapon so to say that they'll have more knowledge than the rest. Let me know if I still haven't quite explained it good enough.

Veldagia – most definitely! I’m leaving the applications open for a week, so you have time.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#16 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:01 PM
Shenan - A stupid question maybe, but... If the White Witch knows that a certain person is in the Clan, he/she could just come right out and say it, and that person wouldn't stand a chance in the trial?

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Atropa
Shenan - A stupid question maybe, but... If the White Witch knows that a certain person is in the Clan, he/she could just come right out and say it, and that person wouldn't stand a chance in the trial?

That is true. But the thing is will everyone trust that person if they do that? Don't forget members of the Witches Clan may be making up lies during the trials to protect themselves (or a member of their clan) or to falsely accuse someone they know is innocent.

But I do agree you have a good point. I will add to the rule that everyone is to keep their role a secret. The Witches Clan will know who is aligned with them, but other than that everyone should not know who is who. (In the beginning anyway.) Everyone is suspect.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#18 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 2:33 PM
Oh, so the townsfolk don't know who the White Witch is? *slaps forehead* I missed that part. *s*

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:03 PM
Shenan- Ahhh, that explains it! This is nearly identical...and I LOVE this game in real life, so I'm going to *have* to join. And about the white witch; in the game we played in real life, they were able to give away their identity if they choose to. It's not immediately known, but if they're desperate to make the townspeople believe them, they can tell them they're the white witch (the townspeople may or may not believe them) and they can then garner their agreement. However, this endangers the white witch because then her identity is also known to the dark witches as well. So you have to be really desperate.... just a thought. xD I say this only because that's how I played it in real life, but you can still make it so that they have to keep it secret.

I think I'm going to enter a male. I already have RP'd too many girls. >_>

#20 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:07 PM
Name: Hailey Morgana

A brief description of your character: Hailey has a dark manner, and a well off family, but they are saddened, as Hailey's younger sister, Liana, just died from the sickness that has recently gripped the town. Even though she has a quick and sharp tounge, she is kind. At thirteen, her parents have said she might be in for the sickness, and every night, she prays she will not catch it. Her mother and father are trying for another child to replace Liana. Hailey is trying to find out what she can about the sickness, and visits her sisters grave regularly. She keeps a diary, and carries it everywhere with her.

(Hailey is the daughter of Salem's executioner)

A picture:

(Will sim when game is fixed)
#21 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:15 PM
Name: Abigail Emerson

Description:
Being the only daughter of the town's blacksmith, Abigail was sheltered and protected from everything as a child. She grew up not knowing of anything "bad", living a very carefree life. When she was younger, Abigail was always the odd one out, never being allowed to do things the other children could do, but it didn't bother her much. Instead, she would help out her father or draw pictures to pass the time. After perfecting her talent for many years, Abigail paints portraits of wealthier citizens around the area.

Abigail has begun to see what's happening in the town, and she has started to question her brother's death. She was told to just ignore it, but now Abigail wants some answers to why he died. And perhaps some justice.

[[eternal_sunshine: I sort of stole your thing. =D If it bothers you, I can change it.]]

Picture:
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:25 PM
The method of death was typically hanging, I believe Titania.

Shenan- Do we choose our job/position? I mean, for example, if you ended up being a townsperson, do you have to say what job you hold? And I assume that the actual witches are perceived as townsfolk by the rest of the actual townspeople, so they too have jobs? I ask because I've seen people listing jobs.

#23 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:28 PM
I have one question too, forgive me if it was already answered, regarding the White Witch.

Do the other withces know she is the White Witch? And can she be put to trial just like everyone else?
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:32 PM
No one knows each others identities; you all assume you are fellow townsfolk. The only people who know for a fact the identities of others are the witches, and they only know the identities of other witches because they have to meet to discuss who they want to kill. The White witch can learn one person's identity night by night, but no one knows her identity. (Right? Sorry to answer for you Shenan, just thought I'd clear things up if possible.)

#25 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 3:51 PM
Default Application: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Dane

Name: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Dane

Description: Outgoing and spirited, Lizzie Dane is a young woman of much resource, and well-known as the town's finest seamstress. Always willing to lend a helping a hand, Lizzie is known for her kindness in helping her neighbors, and will often to tend to stray, damaged animals - even going so far as to take them into her own home. Long an orphan, Lizzie was once married to a local blacksmith's young, handsome son - but he died just days after their wedding under...very mysterious circumstances. Bad luck, then, or something more sinister? The townspeople might have thought so once, but in the face of Lizzie's winsome, wholesome smiles and particularly skillful stitching, that strange incident has long been forgotten.

{Lizzie is the town's seamstress, and a widow of a blacksmith's son.}

Great RP! Let me know if I need to change anything; this is my first RP character, so I hope I did everything right!

Page 1 of 16