Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:54 AM
Default showtime in caw
so this world I've been working on (4months) now we have showtime and it will let me build a "BigShow".......before I totaly mess this up, can someone explain the proprieter and bigshow audience ? I have this ampetheater thing goin on and dont want to tear it down and rebuild
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:38 PM
I've moved this to the build forum as people who are lot builders will most likely offer you more assistance.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 1:42 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 18th Mar 2012 at 2:36 PM.
I had a fixed size build I was doing and found out the stage was too big for me. Didn't get the impression in the playforums there really was more sizes either. I'm not sure what you're afraid to mess up really ... I mean take a copy of the lot, and try it out in some other nabourhood? I don't know much about caw though. I may be talking way over my head here lol.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 8:36 PM
Ok, let's see if I'm on the tracks. I have not made bigshow venues, but the other ones.

- The bigshow stage requires either a stadium or a theater for the lot type
- You will need to place the stage object. That is all the requirement for the proprietor to spawn and give you gigs if you're on high enough level on the profession. (at least on all the other SHT lot types)
- You CAN then place the 4x2(size?) audience objects for front row audience. If they work like the 3x3 objects, then you need to place some chairs for the sims to sit in (or maybe they spawn benches, I can't recall and don't have my game open at the moment)
- You CAN also place the bigshow audience object if you wish to have a big puppet like crowd cheering and booing.
- You can also place the stage decorations and lighting, and the big surrounding objects if you wish to. When your sim prepares the stage you get the option to use the setup you made, or make a new one the sim can save for later use.

But for a working stage that you can perform on, a stage on a specific lot type should be enough. So if you have a lot made already, just place the stage and you should be fine. (you can playtest it of course to see for yourself.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Ok, let's see if I'm on the tracks. I have not made bigshow venues, but the other ones.

- The bigshow stage requires either a stadium or a theater for the lot type
- You will need to place the stage object. That is all the requirement for the proprietor to spawn and give you gigs if you're on high enough level on the profession. (at least on all the other SHT lot types)
- You CAN then place the 4x2(size?) audience objects for front row audience. If they work like the 3x3 objects, then you need to place some chairs for the sims to sit in (or maybe they spawn benches, I can't recall and don't have my game open at the moment)
- You CAN also place the bigshow audience object if you wish to have a big puppet like crowd cheering and booing.
- You can also place the stage decorations and lighting, and the big surrounding objects if you wish to. When your sim prepares the stage you get the option to use the setup you made, or make a new one the sim can save for later use.

But for a working stage that you can perform on, a stage on a specific lot type should be enough. So if you have a lot made already, just place the stage and you should be fine. (you can playtest it of course to see for yourself.)

I went back into CAW and took your advise on this, to my supprise I didnt need a building for the big show . am makeing a ampatheater (out doors) and it is working well enough in game to tweek it into CAW for refinement . thanks for the help and about the proprietor spawning .
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 12:46 PM
So we can build a bug show venue without the shell? Great, the stadium is massive (requires a 64 square lot). Will try this!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th May 2012 at 4:42 AM
Default Custom Big Show Venues Without a Shell?
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
So we can build a bug show venue without the shell? Great, the stadium is massive (requires a 64 square lot). Will try this!

Did building a big show venue without the stadium or theater shell work for you? I tried building my own big show venue without a shell a while back, but my level 10 singer was never given a gig there and I couldn't audition for a gig because the proprietor was unclickable. It seems that the big show venue proprietor is only interactable once you use the 'summon proprietor' option on a big show venue shell. That's a real shame because the shells are huge! Is there any work around for creating a custom big show venue without using a shell?
Thank you
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 1:21 AM
I am having the exact same problem. It's more of a year since this thread was posted and nobody seems to have a solution. I have seen the same issue posted on the sims website and many other places, but it seems nobody has a solution or maybe nobody is caring for it, bummer.

I would really like to know if anybody came with a solution for this, since I am building a HUGE world and I really want to avoid shells at all cost!
dodgy builder
#9 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 9:23 AM
Wasn't there something about it having to be on the right floor? The stage that is, but I guess you can't have a really big venue on any upper floor.