Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 9:44 PM
Default What do you think of Kingdom Hearts 3? (spoiler alert)
Reposting this in the correct forum:

So I'm assuming there are kingdom hearts gamers here. Just wanted to discuss what people think of Kingdom Hearts 3. In all honesty, I finished the game a couple days ago. There are goods and beads like everything I suppose.

Improvements/goods:
Better graphics
More open worlds- some down sides though, its easy to get lost in worlds, and it can cause lag
Theater mode
The ability for sora to take photos and you can save them
Five party member limit instead of three
Attractions flows

Shortcomings/disappointments:
Gameplay and story, I just feel that the games story was too short. Kingdom hearts 2 was more involved, especially as you visited worlds twice. I feel in kh3 that the end and final battle came too soon.
Lack of worlds- for one thing, the game only has nine worlds. Most other installments had 12/13. I also am disappointed that we didn't get to visit and play through other worlds that are important to the game such as Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden. We see cutscenes from them but we can't actually visit them which is a bummer. The only main world that has been important to previous games is Twilight Town which leads me to me next point.
Small Twilight Town- I was looking forward to visiting this world again as its my favorite world in the series, and I was also excited about exploring areas from kh2 and possibly new areas. But we only get to explore the tram common, the woods, and outside the mansion. We can't take trains to any part of the town, we can't go in the mansion, or even explore the other areas of station heights from kh2 which is a real disappointment.
Lack of minigames- in kingdom hearts 3 the only minigames are taking photos of the Mickey shaped emblems and collecting food ingredients for the twilight town bistro. I feel it lacks minigame stuff. Previous installments had the tournaments at olympus, which this game doesn't have anything like. Other games had little things to like ice cream flavors, and stickers, all missing from kh3.
Keyblades- in mh3 you get a keyboard from each world like other games. But other games had other extra keyblades like oblivion, oathkeeper, two become one, etc. Besides the kingdom key and the keys you get from the Disney worlds, there no other extra or special keys.
World map- kh2 was advanced in the world map having it 3d and you could move the ship to a world as if actually flying there. In kh3 its just a world select screen where you can just select a world to visit.
All in all id give kh3 three stars. I don't want to discourage anyone from paying it, especially if you're a veteran of the series like me, but I wanted to point out stuff from my experience. I see the main kh games with Sims equivalents: kh1 being the equivalent to the Sims 2, they were both exciting and new when they came out. They both had a lot of content, stuff to do. Kh2 is like the Sims 3, more added content and more gameplay options and worlds, still really fun. Kh3 is the equivalent to the Sims 4, they're watered down and a downgrade from previous games. What does everyone else think?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 4:22 PM
I wouldn't compare Kingdom Hearts III to The Sims 4. That's just way too harsh. Yes, the game does feel short, but there's still a lot of substance to it. It's unfair to compare the game to The Sims 4.

Nevertheless, I had my disappointments, too. A certain character was built up to really be able to stand up for herself for Kingdom Hearts III but then that was completely ruined at the end of the game and it is unforgivable to me. Treat the female characters better. Good lord. This case is just bad writing all of the way, I can't get over it.

Some of of my old favorite characters came back and it made me cry, but then they were quickly sidelined. The end game was just too rushed. =(

I also am a little disappointed with the OST. I've become so used to Kingdom Hearts games having light, playful world music with lots of oboe (I'm biased toward the instrument, forgive me), Shimomura's unique style. A lot of the OSTs in this game felt more cinematic, which gave it a completely different feel. The remixes (especially in the end game) were fantastic, and some of the new styled music was great, but, I want my light-hearted Shimomura compositions back. =(

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)