Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 1:57 AM
Default The Sims 1 in 3D! (Pictures)
I just had to say something about this because it's the craziest thing. The guy who put TSO back online also created a program to run The Sims on a similar engine and it's possible to run The Sims in 3D! The program isn't done yet (You can't use buy or build mode for example) but look at it!

If you're interested it can be found here just click the Release tab.

Wanna see my other Custom Content on Tumblr? Click here!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 7:10 AM
I'm swooning. It looks incredible!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:26 AM
Hot damn, this looks absolutely fantastic. I'll def be keeping an eye on it! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:09 AM
WOW Amazing !

"But the Word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it." Deut. 30: 14
May God Bless, T
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:17 PM
i'm guessing its what sims 2 beta would look like

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:49 PM
No, ts2 beta had closer camera angles and not as flexibile 3D engine as this one. I mean, ts2 right now even has less of a flexibile 3D engine when it comes to camera angles precision. But TS2 beta had way better lighting than what we got in TS2 now even, which is definitelly better than this lighting. Shadowns here are great, and day-night cycle, but the lighting of objects is simple, dare I say almost nonexistent.

I hope it goes that way, but rn the game looks great as it is.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:05 AM Last edited by panmines : 25th Nov 2017 at 4:34 AM.
Amazing. All this time I thought TS1 used sprites. Makes me wonder why they didn't adopt the 3D mode for tje first release.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:07 AM
The charm of the first game is that it isn't fully three dimensional.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Theorist
#9 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:53 PM
And the charm of Simitone is that you can have it 2D or 3D....

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 5:13 AM
I tried it out but it just kept crashing on me whenever I launch it but I understand that it's still in development and it's trying something new which is taking Sims 1 and making it 3d.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 12:55 AM
It looks cool.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 1:50 AM
You need Complete Collection for Simitone to work.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 1:03 PM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 31st Dec 2017 at 2:22 AM.
This might just be the reason why I buy TS1 someday. Although in Australia we don't have Complete Collection, we have Full House.
Could err, anyone verify that it works with TS1 Full House? If they have it that is, and if so, what's the difference between CC and FH?

Edit: Apparently Full House was just a rebranding for Complete Collection downunder. But could that still be verified that full house works with it?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LKPlaysSims
You need Complete Collection for Simitone to work.

I have the complete collection but it still won't work.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:07 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 31st Dec 2017 at 2:21 AM.
Default Install Instructions
I've watched a few videos already and I know how it's done. Even though I don't have the game myself I pick things up quickly, and these videos were easy to understand.

1. Load up TS1 and a family, do all the tutorials, put something in someones inventory. Also play for ~ a sim day. Afterwards save the game.
2. Exit the game and download and install FreeSO. Once it is done go to the Installer tab inside the program and click complete installation. Click and agree to all the EULAs that most of us don't bother to read.
3. Download Simitone and move the zip file to Programs Files / (86x) or wherever you like and extract it there.
4. Open the new folder called "Release." You can rename it if you want, but make a shortcut to simitone.windows.exe and move it to wherever you like.
5. If you were to run it now, it would be 2D with an updated UI. To make it run in three dimensions, go to that shortcut you made, right click and select Properties. Then in the Target box, write this at the end next to the .exe " -3d". No apostrophes or anything, but ([space]-3d)
If you run it now, it should work... If you didn't know how to install it before.

Or you could just watch a video yourself... instead of listening to me.

NOTE: This was originally me replying to gamegenius, but reading another of his posts this was something I couldn't do. So this is now just an all generic install guide.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 9:52 AM
Actually, Simitone is getting not even this, but directional lighting soon as well, which means maybe soon we also get normal maps and specular maps for it... which further means good looking quality items for the game. And don't get me started on new functions for the objects which is already enabled by Volcanic.

Also, I hope most of the objects get new look, since those generated objects look bad.
Instructor
#17 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 1:19 PM
It looks great. It even has more poly counts than The Sims 4.
Theorist
#18 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:51 AM
Simitone will end up completely embarrassing Ts4....

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Simitone will end up completely embarrassing Ts4....

I agree and the sad part is that the 3d graphics on Simitone still looks more detailed and less cartoon like then Sims 4 and just because of the sheer fact that all of this have been done on a game that will turn 20 in a couple of years that was originally in 2d spites excluding the sims themselves makes it all the more amazing. Even Sims 4 ripped off some of the aspects of the first Sims like the 2d map.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:30 AM Last edited by BkajnlConcepts : 14th Jan 2018 at 10:49 AM.
Could someone verify this works with Australia and NZ's The Sims: Full House? It seems to be a rebranding of Complete Collection for these countries but could that be verified? I asked on New Years Eve and no-one ever got back to me.

Edit: Can't find Full House on any site (For Purchase) but I can find Complete Collection. Can anyone verify it works on Australian and NZ PCs

If it does and I do buy it it's gonna be hell installing it.

#Microsoft #SecuROM #Maxis #I'mlookingatyou
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
I have the complete collection but it still won't work.
Well then... Maybe you didn't install The Sims correctly? Works fine for me, but could you give a specification list for your computer just in case it's a hardware/software bug instead of a bug with Simitone.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 5:36 PM
Simitone has specific instalation, that's why it might not work. have you seen the video on how to install it. Also how to get it in 3D.
Scholar
#23 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Simitone has specific instalation, that's why it might not work. have you seen the video on how to install it. Also how to get it in 3D.

I got Simitone to load up by reinstalling the complete collection but it just keeps on crashing whenever I try to go on a lot with a family living in it and it doesn't seem to recognize the changes that I had made to the neighborhood in the original game because the houses that I had bulldozed are still there and the houses on the far right side of the screen are missing including the Newbies' but it works fine with lots without any sims in them for reasons that I don't understand.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 4:38 PM
It's not manually made meshes, pls don't shit on this, It's even amazing that it was able to get completely 3D.

People are working hard on making remeshes of these generated meshes, including me, and it's a damn hard work. Only 20% of the base game has been remeshed (for now remeshes are primarily made for the online version of the game, FreeSO), imagine how long it will take for the community to remesh whole complete collection. But they are working hard and for FREE, as well as the guy who made this happen. It's a passion project, unlike EA's 'beloved' moneyshitting machine that The Sims franchise now is.

It will also probably eventually get custom fan made 3D world map, just like freeso did some time ago. I hope rain from FreeSO also transfers to the game, and if possible even snow? I like those effects :D
Instructor
#25 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 9:43 AM
this looks amazing! but is it possible to get custom content to work with it? like custom skins and meshes?
Page 1 of 2