Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#14076 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:59 PM.
I have an owned lot that used to be Doc Alan's Hangout and is now up to a level 6 business, but the owner and I would like to open an indoor restaurant inside without the hot dog competition. Is it safe to delete the hot dog stand, since it has a hot dog chef associated with it?

Also, in BHAVs, what are CT-type behaviors? What does CT mean?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14077 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:00 PM
Yes. He's essentially an object NPC.

Remember, deleting things in buy/build mode doesn't remove anything from your game, just from the lot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#14078 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
in BHAVs, what are CT-type behaviors? What does CT mean?
sometime ago I asked a similar question in the "Create" section of this forum. they told "Called Tree".
just a girl
#14079 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:39 PM
BHAVs starting with CT are meant to be called by name. Any BHAV can be called by name, but it's good style to use this naming pattern. For one thing, it helps you remember that you shouldn't rename such BHAVs.
As for usage, look up Run Tree by Name primitive.
Alchemist
#14080 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:39 AM
What have we learned nowadays about the "too many iterations" error? I've got at least one unplayably jumpy household and this is the constant error for all family members. Deleting does no good. Moving to a new house only seemed to work briefly. Suggestions?
Mad Poster
#14081 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:50 AM
Could be pretty much anything. Error log?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#14082 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:04 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Could be pretty much anything. Error log?

Hmmm, I've never really looked at those because I don't understand them, but I see that they are mentioning the sleeping bag I had on the lot. So, does this mean it's too many iterations can just be stuck in a loop with an object? Is it the fault of the object?

The other really jumpy one is always the Attraction Score error and only happens with others around. She's kinda on permanent vacation. Honestly, she's been pretty screwy since she "accidentally" hooked up with Peter Ottomas. I'd leave her on vacation, but she has an accidental kid, so.... Any ideas what I can do for that?
Mad Poster
#14083 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Anyone else have problems with times stamps here on MTS? My correct time zone is selected, but the forum clock is an hour behind.

Daylight savings time is screwy. Sometimes you have to set it as on when it should be off to get the correct time.
Forum Resident
#14084 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:30 AM
Does "Practice Romance" in a mirror actually doing anything beyond charisma points?
Mad Poster
#14085 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Hmmm, I've never really looked at those because I don't understand them, but I see that they are mentioning the sleeping bag I had on the lot. So, does this mean it's too many iterations can just be stuck in a loop with an object? Is it the fault of the object?

The other really jumpy one is always the Attraction Score error and only happens with others around. She's kinda on permanent vacation. Honestly, she's been pretty screwy since she "accidentally" hooked up with Peter Ottomas. I'd leave her on vacation, but she has an accidental kid, so.... Any ideas what I can do for that?

I've seen too many iterations for the sleeping bag too. Forcing error sometimes fixes it, or sticking it in their inventory and taking it out.

Attraction score - check that the Sim hasn't lost her aspiration (there will be a blank icon). If they did, InSim/Blender/Manipulator or the big globey aspiration reward can fix it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#14086 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:43 AM
Is there a way to disable a sim owned restaurant table without actually removing it?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#14087 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:35 PM
Could you move the chairs away from it?

Mad Poster
#14088 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:58 PM
On a shopping trip to 88 Road to Nowhere with his friend Circe Beaker, Vidcund Curious ran into PT9. Does this count as meeting aliens? Logically I think it should.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#14089 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Attraction score - check that the Sim hasn't lost her aspiration (there will be a blank icon). If they did, InSim/Blender/Manipulator or the big globey aspiration reward can fix it.

OMG, @Bulbizarre! You are frackin brilliant! Thank you so much. I had never noticed, but no wonder she was so depressed and anti-social, poor thing had totally lost the will to live!

Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Is there a way to disable a sim owned restaurant table without actually removing it?

Do you want it to be decorative (no one uses it, you could clone an object that looks like a table) or you want only the owner to use it (you could maybe disallow visitors from using it)?
Scholar
#14090 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:15 PM
how do i make a "show spoiler" ? i've forgotten but i need to upload my strangetown trading places curious makeover.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#14091 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:19 PM
Open Bracket Spoiler Close Bracket
Content to be spoilered
Open Bracket Slash Spoiler Close Bracket

All HTML tags are done this way: [Tag] Content [/Tag] The code named by the tag will apply to everything between the two sets of brackets.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#14092 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Does "Practice Romance" in a mirror actually doing anything beyond charisma points?
I recall from somewhere (I do not remember where) that Maxis/EA originally intended more for that interaction but later removed those parts. I do not remember the details.
Test Subject
#14093 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:22 PM
How do you guys line up your uni rotations with your neighborhood rotations? Just start playing the uni hood right off the bat?
Alchemist
#14094 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by complexion
How do you guys line up your uni rotations with your neighborhood rotations? Just start playing the uni hood right off the bat?
this kind of question might be better as its own thread.
Lab Assistant
#14095 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:36 PM

If a teen moves out to go to college, I put their rotation next on the list. I've stopped bothering trying to keep the ages of siblings all aligned (even sets of multiples often end up with different ages because they move out at different times of the week); however, if the YA and their parent/s were the only ones in the house, then I will skip the parents' rotations until their college student returned home. I don't want them to lose out on inheriting their parents' house because Grim came for Ma and Pa while their little student was studying away. :P

If there are multiple playable college students in a dorm, then they go through multiple semesters each rotation. I like getting them done in batches and I'm not going to sit there and mess around with who's aging which rotation.
Mad Poster
#14096 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:52 PM
That's something you'll have to experiment and find your own comfort level with. University is on a different time scale than the main hood, and we all have different interpretations of how that works out, and if you have any aging or pregnancy mods that will be different again. Different playstyles will also affect the comfortable ratio.

In Drama Acres, which I still think of as my main hood, I play one-day rotations in Drama Acres, Downtown, and Sim State. Sim State is played in between Drama Acres and Downtown, and it is played for three single-day subrotations, with each college household being played for a total of three days. If any sims are on vacation, they get a special vacation subrotation, for which purpose I generally send more than one family on vacation at a time so I can rotate there, too. I have played college from the beginning in Drama Acres, because each of my six core families sent one teen to college the first day of play; but I didn't bring in the Greeks and Bright household until my CAS students had made friends among them, and I only activated student bin families once I started needed additional households for my rotational playstyle. Drama Acres is so big, and I love playing University so much, that I always have playables in college and always play them.

In Strangetown, however, I didn't play LFT until Johnny, Ophelia, and Tank went to college; at which point I started playing the Greeks and the Shifting Paradymes as well. Strangetown rotations are much looser than Drama Acres ones, and I play Strangetown much less consistently, so I tend to alternate - one session in town, playing however many families is comfortable; one session at LFT ditto; back to Strangetown; back to LFT. As the town gets larger and sends more teens to college, I can adjust that on the fly. If I ever have a point at which no college-aged playables will be available, I may put placeholders in the Greeks and not play LFT again until a new playable is ready to go. Or, I may not.

You won't know how you like to play it till you've played it for awhile, so don't get too hung up on getting it right the first time or forcing everything to make sense chronologically. You can always do that with mods and cheats after the fact when something bugs you.

Theorist
#14097 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:54 PM

Not at all, I very much dislike Uni gameplay (it's tooo looooooong) and I have enough households as is, so I just use the college adjuster to have my sims take their final exams like 2 hours after they first arrive on campus.

That being said, only very few Sims in my hoods even get to go to college, mostly knowledge Sims, Sims with rich parents or Sims that roll the "Go to Uni" Want on their last day of teenagerhood. in addition the Parents have to fork over 10.000 simoleons for their kid to go to uni. If they don't have that, then no uni for you.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14098 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:18 PM
@Orphalesion there are mods that shorten Uni. For all sims, not something you have to set individually. I have mine set for 8 days + 2 days after graduating.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#14099 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Orphalesion there are mods that shorten Uni. For all sims, not something you have to set individually. I have mine set for 8 days + 2 days after graduating.

Yeah you are of course right, but that's still 8 whole Sim days, for something I don't really enjoy playing and can just cut down to two Sim-hours with the College adjuster. In most cases my teens have already all or nearly all skills they need for their degree, so there's no stress with that either.

In any case thanks for the recommendation

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#14100 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:44 PM
I have Uni shortened to two days a semester, and I play it one semester per sim day in the main hood (my rotation is to play everyone for one day or one semester at a time). Usually I have multiple YAs on the same lot with different semester schedules, but I have one born-in-game sim (as opposed to a moved-in dormie) who is aligned to the rotation schedule (so that their semester starts when the rotation starts, and ends when it ends). When they graduate, the sim with the most hours on their clock when I load the lot next becomes the new syncing sim. I don't let sims stay after graduation unless they're waiting for a spouse to finish college, and with Lamare's YA maternity hack they can stay waiting even after they become adults! All of my teens go to college on the morning when they are 9 days to adult, so that they age up to adult at the same time as the teens who don't go to college (due to lack of funds, mainly).
Page 564 of 1345