Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#18201 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:08 PM
It could be indeed! Thank you Ellu!!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#18202 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
@Rosebine
@Primavera

Thanks to my very long and messy list of bookmarks, it it this one ? :
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...613#post2132613

Yay! So many of Mootilda's tutes are buried. Happy this one has come to light. Maybe add it to the mini-tutes thread?
Can one of you lot movers tell me the easiest way to figure out which lot is which number in SimPE and/or the file folder holding them. I feel like this is easy....
Mad Poster
#18203 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:40 PM
The last lot you would visit, would be listed in first in your folder. Or, if you remember the look of it, there are lot textures to..look at, using SimPE.

Mad Poster
#18204 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Really? I've never succeeded. Maybe it takes a particularly light touch on the mouse and a precise placement of the sledgehammer. If so, we may as well keep trying till we get it right.

I seen those "fragments" show up when I keep fiddling with a roof; if these are the same thing, they act like walls- I delete them with the wall tool. Also happens when roof fiddling make just the top part of a wall disappear - delete it with the wall tool and rebuilt it. But maybe the ones in the pic are different?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#18205 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The last lot you would visit, would be listed in first in your folder. Or, if you remember the look of it, there are lot textures to..look at, using SimPE.

Yes, but if I want to identify all of them? Do the instance numbers match the numbers in the file names, at least?
Mad Poster
#18206 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 7:38 PM
Oof...I do not remember, honestly, but I do remember the pictures/textures.

Mad Poster
#18207 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 8:06 PM
Add the following command to your userstartup.cheat file. When you mouse over a lot, the path and filename will be displayed.

boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename true
Screenshots
Theorist
#18208 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:47 PM
Ok, I've been outta the loop for a while and just recently got back in so if this is a past issue I'm just learning of it.... errr ... cart before the horse. Anyways, is MYP no more? Is there just a problem with it? Is it just me? I tried to login to upload some pics, but it wouldn't let me.

If MYP is outta commission, what other image hosting site is recommended and easy for an idjit to use :P
Mad Poster
#18209 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Ok, I've been outta the loop for a while and just recently got back in so if this is a past issue I'm just learning of it.... errr ... cart before the horse. Anyways, is MYP no more? Is there just a problem with it? Is it just me? I tried to login to upload some pics, but it wouldn't let me.

If MYP is outta commission, what other image hosting site is recommended and easy for an idjit to use :P

I love MYP as well, but these days, I've been using imgur and this is easy enough for me!

Theorist
#18210 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:15 PM
Thanks @Rosebine. I guess I'll go see 'bout gettin an imgur acct. *grumbles 'bout hatin change"
Mad Poster
#18211 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:17 PM
Oh I don't have an account. I just click on Upload images..then browse to my folder.
Like I said...easy.

Inventor
#18212 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
@Rosebine
@Primavera

Thanks to my very long and messy list of bookmarks, it it this one ? :
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...613#post2132613

I actually tried that one last night! Nothing worked though, and for some reason the evil witch lot was sunken halfway into the terrain . @Rosebine you mentioned something about STR's? I had a feeling I extracted STR's but I still can't remember what I exactly did. Maybe it'll come to me when I try again.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#18213 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:06 AM
Yeah But if I find that *how to* we saw, I'll be sure to let you know!

Inventor
#18214 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 3:07 AM Last edited by Primavera : 24th Mar 2019 at 8:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Yeah But if I find that *how to* we saw, I'll be sure to let you know!

I'll be on the lookout too! Hopefully a Google search with turn up something.

EDIT: @Rosebine I found it! This is definitely the tutorial I read that worked the first time, so now I'm gonna try again now that I'm fully rested

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18215 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 5:36 AM
Do pets (dogs/cats) get installed into the download folder or saved sims? The install instructions say Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location. That would help if it were a sims 2 pack.

Also does anyone know the answer to my earlier question about what helps freestyle for tips?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18216 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 6:16 AM
@Primavera Thank you!!!! yay!
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do pets (dogs/cats) get installed into the download folder or saved sims? The install instructions say Double-click on the .sims2pack file to install its contents to your game. The files will automatically be installed to the proper location. That would help if it were a sims 2 pack.

Also does anyone know the answer to my earlier question about what helps freestyle for tips?

No clue about Pets, but creativity and charisma makes a hot FreeStyler.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18217 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 7:50 AM
Okay thanks, I noticed charisma made them 'hot' wasn't sure about creativity but wondered.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18218 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Mine are in my Downloads folder. I made a separate sub-folder for them so they don't get mixed up with mods and CC.
Top Secret Researcher
#18219 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 12:06 PM
What happens if an owner of a community lot dies on the lot? (If he is the only one in the household who went there, but there are more sims in the actual household.)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#18220 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:01 PM
Anyone have a challenge to suggest for a household of eight Sims (besides asylum-esques, as I need to control to fulfill Sim's LTW)? Looking for another one to incorperate to make the game less plain.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#18221 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:29 PM
Zombie apocalypse

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#18222 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Anyone have a challenge to suggest for a household of eight Sims (besides asylum-esques, as I need to control to fulfill Sim's LTW)? Looking for another one to incorperate to make the game less plain.

Are you starting from scratch or you already have the 8 sims?

Starting from scratch a good one is The "Earn Your Home" Challenge http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=409210

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#18223 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 4:03 PM
Has anyone ever had a sim successfully walk the plank on the pirate ship? I've sent active sims, outgoing sims, teens, adults- everyone gives up.
Mad Poster
#18224 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 4:30 PM
Eight sims in a household? Lots of ways to play that.

Orphanage or Brady Bunch - At most two adults, all the rest are children and toddlers.
Four of them are a band. The other four are their significant others. Nobody has a day job - the whole house hustles for a living. On a set schedule, band members move out to "go on tour," leaving the SOs to handle things.
Seven recruits, one Training Instructor, everyone's in a military job, strict rules about doing everything as a unit.
Tent City - Eight homeless people in tents. Or possibly just sleeping bags. Banding together for mutual protection and benefit.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#18225 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 5:23 PM
How do subhoods actually work? Will the sims living there still be able to talk to the ones who live in the main neighborhood via a phone or an internet chat? Will the family trees still stay the same? Will the main hood sims come to subhood lots? I'm just worried that one day I will run out of space on my main, but I don't want to start a new one, because I got attached.
Page 729 of 1347