Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:55 PM
Default Converting Sims 4 world Objects To CAW
I was wondering if there was any tutorials out there for converting some of the Sims 4 World objects like bridges, trains and overpasses to functional CAW items, or even non functional..... I like making worlds but i do use a lot of other people's stuff and this is great but i need some things for some world ideas and the items just aren't out there. I see some items in San Myshuno that i would love to have, and some other real life inspirations i like to take on but don't really have the know how..... I would love a video, but would take a tutorial especially if it had pictures, because i've never modded before and no knowledge of how it works.... But what i do have it time and a bulldog nature to get it done! Please help if you can... Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 4:24 PM
Your best bet is to go sims 4 creation forum and ask how to extract the meshed and textures of those objects. Then you would just follow a regular object creation tutorial. Actually could find these two tutorials with a quick google search:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1a2rtxloNM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUtMws1o4RM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 4:35 PM
Thanks I'm watching and this will be a great help! Thank you so much!
Theorist
#4 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:43 PM
Let us know if you succeed

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:16 PM
I have made some progress, but i'm stuck...... I have created a mesh but I can't get it to " bake " and i have not been able to figure out how to get it to tsrw... The tutorials have been a help but I'm using the the most current version of blender does not match with the most up to date tutorials .... Atleast to my understanding.... If anyone can point me in the right direction or tell me what i'm doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:22 PM Last edited by dinadine : 5th Feb 2018 at 3:55 PM.
Let me explain what is happening.... When i set everything up and click bake is says " no active material found in brass for object cube... i'm not really getting what is causing this.... or it will say no valid selected items
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:48 AM
YaaaaaaaaY i figured it out and one i am one step closer! Now it's back to work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:10 PM
okay progress time.......I was able to mesh a few things but i am stuck again... i was able to extract the flat bridge from the game and slap that sucker in blender and i simple made it shorter... and then i imported it into tsr workshop... although i'm not so sure i did this right because i made it a sim3pack and when i went into supercaw it does not show up.... i'm going to check to see if it shows up in game, but i doubt it...lol awwwh failure.... Well the other thing i did was make a bakery freezer... and i'm stuck trying to get it into tsr workshop.. it gives the error " Object set to an instance of an object" I am lost.... I know i'm beginning to sound like a broken record but please help...lol this is going to drive me to
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 7:03 PM
this is a screen shot of the msg i get when i try to import the wso file but when i try to import the obj file i get this.... i can attach the obj or wso... just let me know....
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#10 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:42 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 9th Feb 2018 at 3:31 PM.
Moved to object creation!

CAW objects are labeled differently. TSRW doesn't see those categories, especially since it's basically manual work. I'd check out this link: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

On the import, sounds like you're trying to import one group instead of 3, which TSRW seems to be displaying. I would recommend checking out any object tutorials:

https://youtu.be/D0u2y1JM2fw

(One note, in your case if it's an decor piece, and nonfunctional, there will be one bone in the list, that's totally fine! just clone a world object that already exists (So no random objects!) and proceed to use those bones attached with it. Then export it as a package (Edit>project contents. From there, export.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:26 PM
I'm a bit of a busy body and i actually am working on to different objects one is a bridge ... i cloned the flat bridge and imported it to blender changed the size and then imported it to tsr and made it a sim3pack and installed it in the game.... and it was a no show... the other was a bakery shelf and i cloned another bakery shelf, it has 3 groups but i must have done something wrong cause it won't import i get that message.... i could not find a tutorial that correspond to the version of blender and tsr that i am using and the type of object that i'm doing .... the closest was one when the cloned a functional desk from sims 4 to work in sims 3.... i've been kinda splicing them altogether.. but' i'm stuck i need help... For some reason the video you posted has an error when ever i try to play it
Virtual gardener
#12 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:32 PM
I'd suggest taking a good look at the youtube link first They explain quite a bit about how to create objects in general, and then proceed to the MTS link I linked. A Sims3pack in this can be quite problematic since you can't edit specific values that you need changing. So I'd export it like I explained at the end of my post
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM
okay i got it .... will do... thanks for the help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:57 PM
new error msg..... lol the pain!
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#15 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:22 PM
Errors like these are just as plainly clear as they are It means Milkshape is still using the obj file thus can't import it. I'd recommend using the WSO exporter, which was also explained to be used in the tutorial I showed you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:29 PM
lol figured that out ... a min ago and i was able to get the high level detail imported but now getting an error with the medium level detail I really don't mean to be a bother, i am trying to do this without bothering you guys i'm a workin on it!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:33 PM
Omg I Did It!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 3:34 PM
i could not have done it without your help, lol i'm sorry i've been a pain buggin you but thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 11:55 AM
Okay so i got the item in and it looks funny...lol you can't see it only shadows... weird right i think either something went wrong in how i put it together in tsrw or with the "bake" ... i'm not sure.... i watched the video's suggested but she has a different version of blender so when she set's up bake i'm forced to guess or try "anything " to make it work.... when i did the bake it did have some very dark shading but i went forward because i figured just see if everything else is right then i can go back an fix that .....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 9:29 PM
Okay so update...I've had to take a break because i'm so frustrated..... i have made some progress but i am still stuck, but I am still dedicated to getting it done! I have fixed the issue with the "bake " and am now testing... wish me luck!
Site Helper
#21 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 2:14 AM
Good luck. (And have fun learning what not to do next time. )

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=245 is a social group called the Blenderers. if you join it, you might be able to get advice there on how to work with the different version of Blender.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 4:21 PM
omg... thank you so much! Honestly that's why i'm still posting , I just hope i can help others, even if it's just to learn what not to do..lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 1:10 PM
Latest issue... I am able to get my item in game for testing....well the first round..... but as before it shows up as nothing with shadows.... I have redone everything and i mean everything.... even the object lol.... but this is always the result i know it's user/maker error... just can't figure out what it is....once again
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:08 PM
I think it may have something to do with my mesh... i did notice that when i import my mesh to milkshape that it's only solid in 1 frame... although I don't know what I did to make that happen. Can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong? please please pretty please, lol I'm gonna change my last name to lost!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 7:52 PM
Yay! i got it exported to the game and it looks ok............ but i made it so it 's recolorable, and it is...... but my overlay looks wonky on the second and third choices...... and you can but you can't recolor the first choice.....it only recolors the edges and on the others it recolors fine but the overlay is in the wrong place...lol ooooooooooh.... but i'm in it to win it so i'm going back in....lol crazy......
Page 1 of 2