Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:16 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 8th Jun 2016 at 8:09 PM.
Default Adding Custom Recipes to the Restaurant menu
Maybe I am missing something obvious but what determines the food options for Restaurant menu customization ? Is it determined by the tags (Ex : <E>Recipe_Type_Food</E> , <E>Recipe_Category_Vegetarian</E> etc ). Or is there a tuning XML present somewhere which lists the recipes available ?

In short: What determines the food availability in the Restaurant customization menu?
Advertisement
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 8:08 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 8th Jun 2016 at 9:41 PM.
Found the Restaurant customization tuning:

S4_03B33DDF_00000000_CEB32CF03A919A9F_restaurants.restaurant_tuning

The relevant code for customizing menu is as follows :

Code:
<E n="preset_enum">CUSTOMIZE</E>
        <U n="preset_contents">
          <T n="preset_name">0xA93FF3AA<!--Edit a Custom Menu...--></T>
          <L n="recipe_map">
            <U>
              <E n="course_tags">Recipe_Course_Appetizer</E>
            </U>
            <U>
              <E n="course_tags">Recipe_Course_Dessert</E>
               </U>
            <U>
              <E n="course_tags">Recipe_Course_Drink</E>
              <L n="recipes">
                <T>130477<!--recipe_Drink_Snack_Water--></T>
              </L>
            </U>
            <U>
              <E n="course_tags">Recipe_Course_Main</E>
            </U>
          </L>
        </U>

From the above code I understand that my custom recipes need the course_tags so that they can be recognized.

I also made changes to the recipe tuning under the following points -

Recipe Tunings:

1. Available in restaurant:

<T n="available_in_restaurant">True</T>

2. Chef loot List(?)

<L n="chef_loot_list">
<T>139950</T>
</L>

3. Food poisoning chance -

<V t="enabled" n="food_poisoning_chance">
<U n="enabled">
<T n="base_chance">7</T>
</U>

4. Recipe Difficulty -

<E n="recipe_difficulty">4</E>

5. Recipe Tags -

<L n="recipe_tags">
<E>Recipe_Type_Food</E>
<E>Recipe_Course_Main</E>
<E>Recipe_Category_Meat</E>
<E>Recipe_Meal_Breakfast</E>
</L>

6.Restaurant Base price -

<T n="restaurant_base_price">25</T>
<T n="restaurant_menu_icon_definition">8562</T> (Example - I used the 32 bit ID of the food object for restaurant_menu_icon_definition)

Do I need to do anything else for the custom recipes to show up in the selectable menu?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 3:02 AM
Hello icemunmun. I dont have dine out yet. But maybe i can highlight you in some case. I hope.

Well Firt i think recipes vary from one object from another. For example the cupcake machine has his recipes and are different build from the stove ones. I tried to use directly one recipe from the cupmachine and adapt to the stove, but its doesnt work. I think restaurant recipes are build differen too.
For example as the things i saw on some reviews. You pick a food from the restaurant menu, then the waiter goes to the chef, the chef craft the food and then the waiter goes to your table and serves the food. All this cinematics are different from the stove. so I think the recipes for the restaurant ones differs from the ones crafted at home at a stove.

Icemunmun I saw on your code that on

<E n="course_tags">Recipe_Course_Drink</E>

<L n="recipes">

there is the: recipe_Drink_Snack_Water. Could you put the tune of that recipe so I can dissect and see how it works?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 7:58 PM
What you said about the recipes makes sense but I could not find anything referencing the individual recipes in any other chef,chef_station,waiter etc interactions.It is different for the stove and the cupcake machine because the cooking process is different but the Chef station uses the same recipe phases,animations,and interactions ( stove_startCrafting) as the normal stove.
I will quote the relevant tuning code once I get home!
Thanks for the help

SimGuruEugi posted the following reply to my question on the official forums: (Link )

Quote:
Did you include the SIMDATA file in your package? You need that for the recipe, since the tuning value is consumed by UI, not the scripts.

I cannot check right now because I am working but I will check it out tomorrow and post the results here!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 10:24 PM
Oh the SIMDATA. Thats new to me. The good thing is that S4 studio is capable to edit that files now. Looking forward for the results.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 9:52 PM
Got it to work It was the SIMDATA resource ! I can now go back to making new recipes
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 11:21 PM
Oh thats great icemunmun. Looking forward for your new recipes. !!! =)
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 7:50 PM
Default I just want custom recipes in my darn restaurants!
I've been looking everywhere on how to do this and I have not found anyone else post this. Would you consider doing a tutorial on making it possible to add custom food items to your restaurants? Thanks!