Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 3:19 AM
Default How do walkby filters work?
Recently, I've trying to figure out how filters for walkbys work.

The problem is this: With Island Living Patch, it seems that EA messed something up and change the walkbys of traditions, this are (for example) the ones that spawn sims with special outfits (like nude sims on Go Streaking or sims dressed with Xmas clothing on Festive Spirit) and made them spawn only in StrangerVille instead of all the worlds like it was before.

I found the XML files related to that:

Now, I've been modifying XML files succesfully since a long time, but never got to hard into this and I don't know that much about programming so I'm not able to understand how filters work.

What I can understand is that Job_HolidayTradition_Walkby is the one that contains how the NPC shoud be dressed and the conditions for it.

Besides the needs, it contains the filter that it's gonna use to choose what sims are pickable and what they're gonna dress. Now, the interisting part comes with the "Keep NPC Strangerville in Strangerville". At first, I thought that maybe EA missed something from the previous versions so I erased that part but nothing happened. This is what the Snippet Tuning looks like:

To begin with, I'm not sure if this has something to do because I erased the trait part, and nothing happened. The Infected sims kept spawning in StrangerVille and I thought that they were gonna spawn on other worlds to since thet standard walker filter is used for other walkbys, so right now I'm completly lost and I think if somebody could help me to understand the filters, maybe I would be able to progress.

The filter that the game uses right now for the festive walkbys is the one you see in the first pic: filter_standard_walker. This changed from the previous version that used the filter_ages_ctyae so I know that EA touched something but I can't find what.

This is what the filter looks like. I can't understand some things.

LittleMsSam created a working fix for Sulani's problem and she actually changed the Snippet for Island Living.

This the original.

And this is her version

What this does is allowing sims that don't live in Sulani visit the island. But I can't understand why. Besides that, she added this little modification to all the island filter:

And I don't understand what it does.

I hope someone can help. Have a great day!