Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:31 PM
Default Degrassi: The Next Generation
I am curious as to rather or not anyone here watches this show. I recently began viewing a few episodes when they aired on Teennick. I must say; it's a good program for me to get depressed with.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 2:53 PM
I haven't watched this generation of Degrassi. But I've seen some of the past stuff and the producers have always done a really good job. Sometimes it amazes me that the original Kids of Degrassi Street debuted in the late 70's. Keeping a franchise like Degrassi fresh and relevant over multiple generations is no easy feat. Especially when that franchise is meant to cater to the young. Just amazing what these producers can do.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 3:09 PM
Who are the main character on now? Just curious to know how updated the show is outside of Canada.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 7:02 PM
I used to watch it for giggles. I found the unrealistic situations and obvious preaching humorous.

Cait

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 7:37 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how Spinner is still in Highschool...despite the fact that when the show started (just tng), he was a year older than Emma and then got held back a grade...Emma's I think in 2nd year university/college now. Didn't think the boy was that dumb.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 7:56 PM
I use to watch it but around 06 the show started getting boring imo,they got tons of new kids it just doesn't have the same feel as it did around 02-05.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 8:22 PM
I watch it every know and then, and if my memory serves me right, I think this season is the last season. But with what christx101 said, it isn't as good as it was back then. Now it seems like it's just trying to find things to talk about. All the main character *new* are just doing almost exactly what the original characters were doing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 9:45 AM
If I recall correctly, new episodes start next year on Teennick.

Riley is what got me to watch it.
Instructor
#9 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 3:40 AM
I can't believe I still watch it but I do. The new characters Riley and Alli have me hooked for now. I'll miss seeing Emma, Liberty, Manny and everybody else. And it's so weird to see Jimmy as Drake now and hear him on the radio. I got so used to seeing him in the wheelchair.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 11:40 AM
I watched this for a long a time. I don't like the new characters though! And I looooved when they reran "Degrassi Junior High" for a while there. Seeing Spike, Snake, Joey, and all the rest when they were young was awesome!

"Drake" will always be Jimmy in my heart. <3 But I gotta say, I kinda like his music!

How many times have you cried watching this show? When JT died, that was intense. The memorial at graduation, anyway. I can't think of any other times off the top of my head.

Just wanna go to The French Laundry with Giovanni Ribisi, Mindy Kaling, and John Goodman.

Call me Maggie. :)
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 10:02 PM
I Do. Im Hooked Although the story lines are starting to get very repeative..
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rome_raven
I'm still trying to figure out how Spinner is still in Highschool...despite the fact that when the show started (just tng), he was a year older than Emma and then got held back a grade...Emma's I think in 2nd year university/college now. Didn't think the boy was that dumb.
he graduated the same time as them but he didn't go to university he stayed and managed the dot