Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2023 at 6:23 AM
Default A tentative return.
Hi folks.

I gave up on Sims 4 after trying, over and over and over, to enjoy it. It never let me be as creative as TS2 or TS3, and I felt I just wasn't the kind of customer EA wanted to retain, so I stopped simming altogether.

I noticed little rumblings in the simming world, between TS5 in development (I have 0% confidence it will be "for me"), and Paralives and Paradox giving the life-sim genre a try. I miss getting creative with worlds and characters, instilling a community with my own lore, and seeing the simulation take charge.

I'm mostly back to watch what happens, in case a space opens up for a player like myself again. I considered tinkering in TS3, but can't even get CAW to load. It would be nice to touch base with some old faces too.

I hope all are well. I know it's the better part of a decade, and some simmers I knew may be gone, particularly older players. Greetings to those still here.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd May 2023 at 3:18 PM
Welcome back, @kiwi_tea! I hope you can get some help with CAW here. I played one of my best legacies in your Riverblossom Hills. I still remember it very fondly.
The TS2 and TS3 forums are still quite active and it seems to me that quite a few people have given up on TS4 and went back to the older games. Or at least play them alongside TS4. I never played TS4. I tried it once at a friend's house and decided I don't need it in my life.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th May 2023 at 1:30 PM
Hi @kiwi_tea nice to see you back! I hope you can get your CAW and Sims 3 working again, and visit us on the forums for a while!
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Hi folks.

I gave up on Sims 4 after trying, over and over and over, to enjoy it. It never let me be as creative as TS2 or TS3, and I felt I just wasn't the kind of customer EA wanted to retain, so I stopped simming altogether.

I noticed little rumblings in the simming world, between TS5 in development (I have 0% confidence it will be "for me"), and Paralives and Paradox giving the life-sim genre a try. I miss getting creative with worlds and characters, instilling a community with my own lore, and seeing the simulation take charge.

I'm mostly back to watch what happens, in case a space opens up for a player like myself again. I considered tinkering in TS3, but can't even get CAW to load. It would be nice to touch base with some old faces too.

I hope all are well. I know it's the better part of a decade, and some simmers I knew may be gone, particularly older players. Greetings to those still here.

Hello @kiwi-tea
I was wondering why you can't get CAW to load?
Is CAW already installed on your computer or are you trying to install it just now and it won't download to install from the EA website?
I recently tried to download CAW from the website to install on a Windows 10 laptop and it wouldn't allow me to - something to do with the security certificate not being valid.

You probably already know this, the version of CAW and your Sims 3 Game must be the same i.e. version 1.67 or 1.69. If not, might be the cause for CAW not loading. There was a time (about 10 years ago), when lots of players had issues with version 1.69 and CAW but that is sorted and what I use.

Lastly, please give CAW plenty of time to load - several minutes - it is tempting to turn it off.