Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:41 PM Last edited by MHS0501 : 21st Mar 2024 at 4:05 AM.
Default WH Unselectable Careers Tutorial
Been trying to wrap my head around how to hide custom careers using WH's Unselectable Careers Mods for the better part of three hours and can't get it straight. I believe I followed the tutorial correctly as written on their website, but the careers I've chosen to try and make Unselectable are still showing up during the job search. I've tried removing everything except the custom jobs from my game for testing purposes, and the careers still showed up, which leads me to believe that the error is that I simply failed the tutorial. Is there a more detailed one somewhere on this site or someplace else on the internet that has pictures or a video, so I can see exactly what I'm supposed to be doing?

Attached below is a screenshot of one of the jobs I've edited after following the instructions, which is still showing up in the job search. If anyone has experience with doing this I'd really appreciate your feedback if anything seems amiss.

UPDATE: I requested a friend of mine try out the mod as well, and neither of us, using the same careers, independent of one another, can get it to work properly. My friend has suggested there could be something up with the actual code of the mod. If you've gotten it to work, please let us know how you did it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 4:33 PM
Really basic troubleshooting questions, but, just in case 1. Is the original copy of the career removed? Not sure if you making changes directly or if you are saving as a new file after you make changes (which is probably best), but double check your folder to make sure you only installed the edited file and you don't have both copies in your folder. It happens to the best of us, even after removing everything else in the Downloads folder, so just checking.
2. Did you install the patches that William included? Again, really basic question but just making sure. In addition to making the edits to the career in simPE, looks like the patch/mod needs to be installed in order for the game to read those changes you made. What you describe sounds like William's patch isn't installed.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Really basic troubleshooting questions, but, just in case 1. Is the original copy of the career removed? Not sure if you making changes directly or if you are saving as a new file after you make changes (which is probably best), but double check your folder to make sure you only installed the edited file and you don't have both copies in your folder. It happens to the best of us, even after removing everything else in the Downloads folder, so just checking.
2. Did you install the patches that William included? Again, really basic question but just making sure. In addition to making the edits to the career in simPE, looks like the patch/mod needs to be installed in order for the game to read those changes you made. What you describe sounds like William's patch isn't installed.

I made the changes directly to the jobs already in my downloads folder. After reading through your post I tried to Save As and make a copy of the job, deleting the original one, just in case maybe it needed to be that way in order for the new resource to fully take effect, but no dice.

When you say patch are you referring to the actual UnselectableCareersV1 file? I've got that installed at well, I've tried switching around the load order and having it load after my custom careers and before it, but that didn't seem to make a difference.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 5:25 PM
Were you able to resolve the problems in the end?

I seem to be stuck at exactly the same point. It's too bad it's not working. I was really looking forward to certain jobs not showing up hehe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Adrime
Were you able to resolve the problems in the end?

I seem to be stuck at exactly the same point. It's too bad it's not working. I was really looking forward to certain jobs not showing up hehe.

No, no luck. I also have WH's Salary Bonus Scheme mod which I thought might cause an issue with load order (I was out of any other ideas, and the wording on which was supposed to be first was a little confusing) but that didn't work either. I've given up on using the job search function at all for now because the only jobs that seem to pop up are the NPC careers.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 11:41 AM
Calling @whoward69 Perhaps you could take a look at this? Cheers!

All who are having problems- whoward has this post to help:
https://picknmixsims.tumblr.com/pos...-me-to-help-you