Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:28 PM
Default Which games are your guilty pleasures?
Title is self-explanatory, for me at the moment it's SimCity Societies. I don't really know why I'm enjoying it so much, but I am. It's got mediocre scores but here I am giggling like an evil cat overlord over my authoritarian city called Soviet KittyLand.

What are some games you love despite bad or average ratings?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:50 PM
The Lego games: Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman games, Lego Marvel games, etc.

They aren't difficult and extremely family friendly, but they are a fun, goofy romp. On occasion, they even throw in some sassy references for the more mature/knowledgeable audiences. For example, in one of the Lego Batman games, the reporter who serves as a kind of narrator made a remark about how something was a much better idea than the absurd suggestion of just walling up part of Gotham and letting all the criminals live there, which is the premise of "Batman: Arkham City". In "Lego MARVEL Super Heroes", there is a side quest to find one of the Shield agent's special Captain America card because he was going to trade it with Coulson. When you retrieve it and the agent thanks you, he makes an off-the-cuff remark about how he is certain is going to be a major plot point, which is a nod to its significance in the first "Avengers" movie.

Most things in the environment are destructible, so running in and breaking stuff is a part of the gameplay. Someone on reddit recently pointed out if you turn off the music in the game's settings, the Catina band in one of the Star Wars games just stands around without their instruments and looking confused.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 7:24 AM
I'm familiar with the Lego games, I've got the full Harry Potter set and enjoyed it a lot! I loved the humour and the simple but fun gameplay. Plus it has co-op, so I played it with my husband.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:10 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 11th Dec 2017 at 9:59 PM.
Pokémon. Being 30 and was a first gen Trainer back in the late 1990s, I am probably part of a minority that accepts every Pokémon generation. I would be playing Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, but currently, I'm saving money for an unrelated reward and I want the physical versions, which are getting restocked.

In hindsight, I thought you meant it didn't seem to suit you.

Well, in terms of low ranking games, Sonic Heroes. I have memorized each teams' routes and know when to avoid or run from hazards. The concept seemed childish, but the Japanese commercial was basically an entry in a drawing and writing style diary children in Japan use.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:03 PM
Pokemon, tbh. I've invested hundreds of hours building a great team in Ultra Moon because I am a ridiculous being.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 12:32 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 17th Jun 2018 at 5:10 PM.
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido.

Think conveyor belt sushi restaurant, plus an evil empire preventing the masses from access to sushi after a war, plus match-3 games with holy sprites with special skills to collect.

It's a fairly new game, but I really love the motif, the anime cutscenes, the use of empty plates as projectiles, the fact you can play as either a male or female protagonist with the same name.

Besides, it's a geeky thing, but given my druthers and a limitless charge account, you may see me at a sushi restaurant every 2 days. My father can be quoted on.

So, yes... it's something of an obsession to be excited to see sushi get this sort of fanfare in a video game as this weird attractive commodity people are fighting for.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)